Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
    I actually can't play the bagpipes yet! I have a practice chanter that I've been using to learn the fingerings, which doesn't initially seem that difficult in of itself - but then not only do you have to coordinate your fingers to play each note, but you have to be able to play grace notes and embellishments, and then you have to train your lungs and lips to have enough strength to make not only the chanter sound, but the three drones as well. And then after that, you have to be able to coordinate your fingers, your arm squeezing on the bag between breaths, and grace notes and embellishments all at the same time. Experienced pipers can sometimes make it look easy, but it's actually quite TOUGH! I've been practicing on my chanter for 2 months now, and I still don't have the strength just in my lips to be able to blow on the practice chanter for more than a couple of minutes at a time, and the pipes themselves... wow. I can't really describe how strong your lips and lungs must be just to be able to blow with enough pressure into the mouthpiece. This is definitely not an instrument for smokers!

As for Sanctuary, as far as I know, Paul is only in webisode #6. :-\
    Blimey that does sound complicated, Good luck with it though There's no way i would ever be able to play the bagpipes.
    I will have to get my sister to buy the next webisodes.

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
    I GOT INTO USC!!!

Its a pretty competitive school and post-grad program, so I am thrilled. Now hopefully I can get everything worked out so I can go! LA here I come (hopefully!)
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

A little off topic but i went to see some kittens today, they were sooo cute. I'm getting a couple and can't wait.
    sigpicThe right thing starts at the beginning of the day

Comment

Sunday good for you i love kittens, they're so cuddly

Jenner U got in to USC that's great, that's like an Ivy league school, I think? Anyways Congrats, u said u were doing ur second masters what was the first in?

Leighanners Boys are stupid.. ok sorry, he's probably distancing himself because he doesn't want u to get the "wrong idea" (cause he felt like ur boyfriend too). give him some time u may not be best friends but at least u'll be able to have decent coversation (we hope) in the meantime get ur Carson-clone and have a good time
      - Are you Crazy?
      - I wouldn't say crazy. Maybe an eccentric who looks good in jeans
      Spoiler:

sigpic
      Bring back Ford and Beckett

Do not conform to the patterns of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind

Comment

Originally posted by RockyluvsSG View Post
        Jenner U got in to USC that's great, that's like an Ivy league school, I think? Anyways Congrats, u said u were doing ur second masters what was the first in?
        Not quite Ivy League. Ivy League was initially started as an athletic division of some North Eastern schools, it now encompasses what everyone thinks of as Ivy League, higher entrance standards, big price tags, etc. But USC is a Top 30 school, so thanks! I'm actually shocked.

My first masters was in Sports Administration, my undergrad was a Bachelors in Business and Music Business....yeah I am planning on being a powerhouse for all thing entertainment one day!

Ok, now that I have bored everyone...how about a cap to be on topic

sigpic
        www.savecarsonbeckett.com
        Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post

oOoOoOo...da police! Cuff me please! *holds out wrists*
          Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

random hotness
            in honour of mr two friends twinny and twinchy
            and well cause paul's hot

Last edited by parisindy; 31 July 2007, 06:28 PM.
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Hi!

I've been looking over this thread for quite some time now, but I really couldn't resist not writing now, because I kept droolling over the pictures parisindy posted.
              I could look at them all day.

And here's one small contribution from me:

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                Hi!

I've been looking over this thread for quite some time now, but I really couldn't resist not writing now, because I kept droolling over the pictures parisindy posted.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...ot/carson5.jpg
                http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...t/carson16.jpg
                http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...lot/Carson.jpg
                hey welcome to the gutter Oda!

enjoy your time! ...and great pics

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Hey All! Just thought I'd let you all know that theres new 'Save Carson' goodies available at the campaign's CafePress store including...

PILLOWS!!!!!! Yes, PILLOWS! So you can have your very own 'Carson' pillow to land on, or snuggle up to when Thunking!

Check it out: http://www.cafepress.com/savecarson

Comment

Weeeee! I need to buy me some thunk pillows!

Comment

Pillows that is so cool. Im going to have to buy me one of those.
                      Welcome oda and i love the last picture you posted, what a sweet little face and complete with dimples
                      sigpicThe right thing starts at the beginning of the day

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                        Hi!

Spoiler:

A very warm welcome to the thunk thread, Oda!
                        You did a wonderful job intruducing yourself in such a wonderful way with the adorable pics, especially the one from 'Sunday'.

And Paris' picspam was also

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
                        Hey All! Just thought I'd let you all know that theres new 'Save Carson' goodies available at the campaign's CafePress store including...

PILLOWS!!!!!! Yes, PILLOWS! So you can have your very own 'Carson' pillow to land on, or snuggle up to when Thunking!

Check it out: http://www.cafepress.com/savecarson
                        Hahaha, thumbs up for pillows and all the other stuff. I almost fell off my chair when I saw the boxers!
                        But what I still adore the most is the baby suit. If only I knew someone for that item.
                        Thank you for posting the link, TJ.

Now back to the goodness...

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey guys! I just got back from an unplanned trip to east texas...but now I am back in the gutter

^lovely pics

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                          hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                          Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                          OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Hehe, the new SaveCarson goodies at CoffeeShop are great!!!
                            The pillow is just the loveliest thing I've seen in a while. Especially the colour combination of black and white looks fantastic.

Gorgeous pic spam Paris and Twinny! Have some mental green for the achievements around the Carson goodness.
                            Twinchy---
                            sigpic
                            FanFic---------------------------------------------------Twinchy's Lair

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade ½ View Post
                              Gorgeous pic spam Paris and Twinny! Have some mental green for the achievements around the Carson goodness.

and oda too

Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

My bad, my bad, tse tse tse. *shakes head at self*
                                I dare come to visit the gutter for our beloved Scot and forget to put some niceties in here myself... Well, in that case there's always the next post, isn't it?

*rummages through PB account*

Ooops, how could that have happened... I guess I'm hopeless

Ok, now brace yourself, it's going to be a rough ride... Not what you think now - remember this is a PG forum...

Spoiler just to safe some space and to spare you the heart-attack
                                Spoiler:

And a special treat to blow you away
                                Twinchy---
                                sigpic
                                FanFic---------------------------------------------------Twinchy's Lair

Comment

Working...
                                X