Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    Reportedly, they don't even watch most of the finished product. And I don't know if they could have been renewed. It seemed Skiffy (err, Siffy) had cancelled them but then showed them some sort of mutual agreement on movies. Or something, because movies are a better deal.

Not that I really cared. When I found out SGA had been cancelled I was kinda, "Huh." And moved on.

First Strike was one of the most boring episodes ever. And overrated. Apparently a decent number of people like it which surprises me.
    I almost wish I could care as little as you; it wouldn't hurt so much. :'(

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
    EEK! The film that shall not be mentioned! And yes, it's THAT bad... but kinda hilarious because its THAT bad! Actually, it usually pops up on DVD on ebay all the time, there's a copy there right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-FINAL-GOAL-D...3286.m20.l1116

Oh and FYI: Paul's episode of '24' is ep23 and airs in the US on May 25th. But before that is STAR TREK which comes out May 8th... not long to go!
    FINAL GOAL DO NOT WANT. xD

But I am ridiculously excited for Star Trek. Like, bouncing like a toddler who ate too much sugar excited.

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
    I need my Pauly fix sooner than May! *whimper*

Regarding Conway's fate: Not doomed to die, but doomed to be branded a coward the rest of his life. As much as he tried to slap the main character around in the shower (seriously, he did), I don't think there's anybody in the movie that couldn't have kicked his butt in a one-on-one fight.
    HAHA WHAT? He couldn't even punch him like a man?!

EDIT: Check out your April Fools ranks, everyone! xD

Comment

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
      I almost wish I could care as little as you; it wouldn't hurt so much. :'(
      Oh, I care. I've just become tired. Luckily, people don't bother arguing with me much anymore.

I think it started when I found discussing the show was so much more interesting than actually watching it.

EDIT: Check out your April Fools ranks, everyone! xD[/color][/b][/size]
      I saw those. And possibly a little bit of truth in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        Oh, I care. I've just become tired. Luckily, people don't bother arguing with me much anymore.

I think it started when I found discussing the show was so much more interesting than actually watching it.
        Yeah. I'm tired too. Dealing with wank is really draining.

I saw those. And possibly a little bit of truth in mine.
        xD When I first saw it and hadn't noticed that everyone else's were changed as well, the first thing I thought was that they put you on moderation for something and were being buttheads about it, lol.

Comment

EDIT: Check out your April Fools ranks, everyone! xD
          Hehe, but gah, my eyes! The pink background!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
            Hehe, but gah, my eyes! The pink background!!!
            I NO, RITE? It burns, IT BURNS! xDDDDDDDDD

Comment

Want to say Good Luck to someone who attend tomorrow's con weekend..

Don't forget to post lot of pictures of hot Scot Doctor from Con!

Comment

Lovely topless pics of Paul!! Made me a bit loopy for a moment. And the one where he's stretched out on the floor....made me VERY happy (and tingly too). As for the stupidity of killing off major, fan supported characters...well we all know how badly that turned out right? 'Nuff said. At least us fan fic writers can and do keep the Carson and Elizabeth torches burning brightly. hehehe }:O
                sigpic

Comment

Let me add my two cents...well, maybe three.

IMO, those idiots, oh sorry, TPTB didn't know what a great thing they had. So much potential and all that they needed to do was to develop dark storylines and more character moments for every character, not just their particular favorites. You know whom I mean, at the end of the season...GGRRRR!

I think the show lost some of its footing when they got rid of Carson. The show lost a great leader in Elizabeth. Carter just seemed out of place. I rather liked Woolsey, though, but still, we had a great leader in Elizabeth, but the writers didn't seem to know what to do with her.
                  And Carson, sigh, Carson was perfect, but they had to do something shocking, didn't they? I don't know why.

Okay, off my soapbox now. Sorry about the mess.

Och, it's so sweet that they still miss me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Completely agree Lady S!! So it's left to us fan fic writers to fill in the stupid gaps created by TPTB who proved consistently that they don't care about the fans or their actors frankly. And there are some great fan fic writers on these forums who probably should've been given jobs on SGA. Sorry, I'm climbing off the soap box now. *looks for place to hide* hehehhe }:O

P.S. Love the pic fic Lady S!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Thought I should stop by and say hey! I took a bit of a break from things but am definitely looking to get back. I hope everyone is doing well!

Oh and I definitely agree with what I've been reading! Don't want to get into it much but when they messed with the winning dynamic of season 2 they messed with the fundamentals of the show and when you do that it changes things ... and well this time it didn't do it for the better.

Anyway, I didn't mean to come in and rant, just wanted to say hey to everyone and hope to be around a lot more!

Cheers!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                      "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

*sighs* Just think if the fans had written us a season six.
                        I'd probably still be alive...and human.
                        I might even get a girlfriend.
                        I probably wouldn't have Keller.

I'm sure they'd find some way to bring you back, Elizabeth.
                        Yes, and probably know how to write for a female character.
                        I never had a problem with female characters.
                        I still probably wouldn't have Keller.

I might even have had a relationship with Cadman.
                        Oh, please, John, I wouldn't even call those women characters!
                        Yeah...I suppose you have a point there.
                        Doesn't anyone care that I wouldn't have Keller!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
                          http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_310_1384.JPG
                          http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_310_1401.JPG
                          http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_310_1402.JPG
                          Don't worry my peoples!! We've got a season in the making!!
                          Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                          Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

IMO, those idiots, oh sorry, TPTB didn't know what a great thing they had. So much potential and all that they needed to do was to develop dark storylines and more character moments for every character, not just their particular favorites. You know whom I mean, at the end of the season...GGRRRR!

I think the show lost some of its footing when they got rid of Carson. The show lost a great leader in Elizabeth. Carter just seemed out of place. I rather liked Woolsey, though, but still, we had a great leader in Elizabeth, but the writers didn't seem to know what to do with her.
                            And Carson, sigh, Carson was perfect, but they had to do something shocking, didn't they? I don't know why.

Och, it's so sweet that they still miss me.
                            Amen to that!

Comment

Spoiler:

I completly agree with everyone's thoughts on the subject. I remember reading an article about s4 and Joe M (I think it was him...) saying how they were going to get into some dark stuff, then the season comes around and I'm like 'WTF? where the heck is this "dark stuff"?'

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Spoiler:
                                http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season3/310-TheReturnPart1/screencaps/normal_atl_310_1384.JPG
                                http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_310_1401.JPG
                                http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_310_1402.JPG
                                Eeheehee!

So why don't us fans write a season six?

Seriously.

They did it for Star Trek, we can do it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X