Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    Good morning, Love Shack! How's it going?
    I was feeling a bit yucky yesterday and just laid around all day. Feeling much better today though.
    Glad to hear that you're feeling better, Ever.

Oh, sure, you're willing to do that for DG, but not for me?
    Actually if I thought you all would let me get away with it, I'd change it for all of us.

Don't read it!!!!! Aah! Don't look at me that way. This is the ONE story of mine that I don't like. I mean, I see bits I can improve with all my others, but that one I don't like.
    Welcome Home by lovinever ***

***name has been changed to alleviate discomfort and cringing...
    sigpic

Comment

Blood On Our Hands - This one's going to ramble a bit as I'm not sure how to word it. First off, wonderful. But then all of Reni's stuff is wonderful. Great moment of comfort and bonding there at the end of Kindred. But I think Reni also touched on another reason why Ronon and Jenn are so perfect for each other. Over the course of the franchise we got to know 5 doctors (two on SG-1, two on SGA, and one on SGU) and they are held to a high standard as should be for doctors. But how Jenn stands out is her second reaction to Nabel in Kindred - the whole "but this is the guy who tried to kill us a couple of months ago" thing. It showed a humanness. We don't automatically want to help someone who hurt us regardless of what oaths we have taken. Maybe it makes her a little less forgiving. And that's ok. Of course, we look at the main team, and I think in many ways, Ronon is the least forgiving of them. He is the one unwilling to work with the bad guys. He is the one who turns his back on his former friends (they turned their backs on him first, but even still.) He is the one who hasn't forgiven himself for surviving the siege on Sateda when so many people (people he loved) died. And this circles back around to Jenn's unwillingness to accept the times she can't help people. The Hoffan plague, the whatever the wraith developed because of her anti-virus in Infection, and more. I think she blames herself on some level for those she can't save.

Did I confuse you all? Good. I confused myself.

Promises To Keep - So cute! Tielan has such a way with these shorts. It makes you happy inside.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
        Glad to hear that you're feeling better, Ever.

Actually if I thought you all would let me get away with it, I'd change it for all of us.

Welcome Home by lovinever ***

***name has been changed to alleviate discomfort and cringing...
        Thank you! Much better today.

As for the rest?
        sigpic

Comment

I liked your look at that aspect of Jenn as a doctor and forgiveness/willingness to help those that have hurt us. Ronon is the perfect example, always wanting to kill Todd regardless of what he could benefit Atlantis by teaming up.

That is the one aspect of SGA I enjoyed is that we got to know the doctors so much better than those that were on SG1. Of course that is one of the reasons there is anti-Keller sentiment as well though... too much focus on the doctor, but I enjoyed it because those teams were hurt an awful lot and not seeing them in the infirmary makes their luck even less believable... not that it is entirely believable that the core four would be hurt, but not killed after seeing all the close calls... but it is not reality so they had better not kill off the main stars or I start to get mad.

Torchwood -
          Spoiler:
          I'm still unhappy about how they handled the main characters in Torchwood!

So I got a little side-track there agreeing with you, Ever. Makes me want to go watch that episode with the return of Nabel again though.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking of doing a rewatch again. The whole franchise. Just finished Farscape for the second time (minus PKW as I don't have a copy of that) It'll be fun to pick up this little bit or that of why the couples are so perfect for each other.
            sigpic

Comment

I know I'm enjoying the rewatch we are doing over on the Flyboy thread. It is fun to watch it again and have input from others. There are parts I forgot happened so early in SG1 and even parts of SGA that I hadn't noticed... facial expressions that you catch this time through because you aren't as focused on the actual plot (usually dire plot) since is is well known to you now. Instead you can focus more on the body language and such... especially because I'm sure that like most of use here, this won't be even your second time watching, but probably much, much higher, especially for some of the key episodes.
              sigpic

Comment

Ummm... For SG-1? I'm not sure I can count that high. When it was on SyFy regularly, I watched it all the time. Every opportunity possible to watch it. I stayed up to 1 am Friday and Saturday nights to watch it.

Somewhat less for SGA. Especially the first 4 seasons. S5 only three or four times - episodes like Tracker aside.

I just love Stargate soooo much!
                sigpic

Comment

I know I watched whole SG1 about 10 times but some of the eps many more times, except last two seasons that I do not like. Similar with 3 SGA seasons, than I actually stopped watching for a while casue Elizabeth but came back to see more Carter. I saw whole season 4 probably twice only, except some episodes like Quarantine and Doppleganger. I watched season five only once...

Comment

I have seen every ep of SG-1 until Jack leaves after that is it random eps there are some I still have never seen (and I own the box set of all 10 season) with SGA I have seen every ep once at least um for the most part I will watch all of them again although I usually skip Grace Under Pressure, Trio and Harmony (those three I have only seen once and that was plenty) on S5 though I will watch Tracker, and Broken Ties there are a couple I will watch if the mood hits but for the most part there are disks in my S5 of SGA that will never be put in unless I want to see the special features.

sigpic

Comment

I loved all ten seasons of SG-1. I know I'm one of the few who liked them - Cam and Vala included. Not so much the Ori, but you take what you can get.

S5 of SGA? I've watched BS all the times I care to. I suppose I might another time or two for details on an "All the Times..." and then I never want to see it again. Bill Nye couldn't even save that episode. Some others I never really want to see but that's more from apathy than anything else.
                      sigpic

Comment

For me Jack was a BIG reason to watch SG-1 and when he left the show was not as much fun. There were eps that because of Jack's humor I just love and while Cam tired he didn't have the ability to make me laugh like Jack did and while I like the others they were not the same and so I find it very very hard to watch. Vala I had no real emotion to one way or the other. I loved the first ep with her though.

Yeah BS I knew going in I was going to have issues with I barely paid attention to that ep I kept singing Bill Nye the Science Guy when ever I saw him in the ep once was far too many times to see that ep. I can't imagine having to see it more than that *huggles* mean Mr Ever making you see it more than once.

sigpic

Comment

It was because of mean Mr Ever that I wrote one of those stories!

Oh, I forgot to tell you all. We found out the grandbaby will be a girl - Miriam Anne. Hubby was wandering around the baby section of Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago looking for a ittle bitty T-shirt or something saying "Grampa's princess" and then was all upset because they didn't have one.

This is the guy that lots of people say intimidates people? Pshaw! How little do they know!
                          sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the girl and the name is beautiful, Ever... makes it harder to have to wait I bet.

I started SGA when it was on air first before trying SG1 which may have made a difference.

I wonder if watching the re-runs SG1 for a month or so on SciFi where they were so out of order that two part-ers weren't even shown together and there was an episode of season 9 then a couple days later back to an episodee of season 4 then 6 -- it was so all over the board... helped. Then I watched SG1 start to finish in just over a month. I wonder if this helped me enjoy season 9 and 10 more than if I'd spent 8 years getting to love Jack, then had the other 2 years with additional cast members. I wonder this because it didn't bother me to have Ronon replace Ford... or Keller replace Carson. So maybe Cam replacing Jack didn't bother me because it happened within a month for me, not after 8 years. I don't actually look at them as replacements, but I know that is the way they are perceived for many.

Or maybe I just love Stargate and it doesn't matter to me as long as most of the cast is there and it has that team feel, dire situations and gate travel involved in each episode. I like all the seasons enough to want to watch them all over and over again, I just wish there was more *pauses to pout for a moment* -- although I will admit that Whispers freaks me out a bit and I have seen that episode least of all - only three times. I will watch it again during the rewatch, but I don't purposely put it on since most of my viewing is by myself, late at night... when that creature/person skitters over and next to Carson
                            sigpic

Comment

I saw SGA first and I watched it because of Ronon then I watched SG-1 for the first time with Copter while she has no issues with Cam because she thunks him she can't wait to get to him for me it is like with Vala I don't dislike him nor do I like him it is just not the same without Jack I also am sorry to see General Hammond leave that was not good. I am just weird

sigpic

Comment

It seems to be common that there is a dislike of season 5 of SGA and Seasons 9 & 10 of SG1, so only weird from my perspective, but not from many others I see around the threads. I seem to find myself the odd one out a bit in the threads in that I like all of SGA and SG1 and all the characters. I like Rodney even, just not with Keller. So I might be even weirder...

Ronon wasn't in it when I started, so I think I watched SGA for Sheppard and the team feel for several seasons. Ronon was a great addition to the team, but I missed Ford's wide-eyed enthusiasm. Now, because I ship Ronon/Keller, I find I watch it more for Shep, Ronon, Lorne and Keller than anyone else. So I completely see the watching for Ronon - just took me longer to see what you saw

In SG1 I think I watched for Sam, Daniel and Hammond... didn't like McGyver, so it took a while for Jack to grow on me. Now however I watch for Jack, Cam, and the team.

Wonder if episode and character likes will continue to change as I watch/write/art/thunk Stargate? hmmm...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X