Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
    I haven't been here for a couple of days and things just keep moving on. You can't keep good Wraith Worshippers down in the WDC. First off:

@Traveler64: Your Todd, Rodney Shanthaia skit shakes hand with the Wraith just give me a pair of gloves but, I don't think the Wraith can suck the life out of your hand.

@ Traveler 64: You did a Todd painting a few post back the one were CH was reading his script beautiful.

Just another thing CONGRATULATIONS ! on our 500 page. WAY TO GO!

LS
    Thank yee much!

But... but... NOBODY noticed the earing I added. Waaaaaaaaah....
    HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

@Liquid Thank you that you like my little Sketch
      I wish that JM make a funny Story with our Wraith Boys

@Shantaia YOU MEET TODD??? Don´t shake the Hands... he feed on you or you are a Wraith Queen??

So here a little bit fun
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally Posted by Laura Dove
        With appropriate gloves? I'd be glad to!

This discussion reminds me of a question: Do wraith have feeding organs on both hands or only the right one? It would seem strange but I got this impression several times.
        Originally Posted by The Veldt
        Spoiler:

I'm not so sure it is just the right hand, although many people say it is. I mentioned before about one of Ford's men cutting into the left arm of a captured Wraith warrior, which was thought to be mistake. But then I noticed in The Hive, the Queen draws back her left hand to feed on Sheppard before the alarm goes off....I'm open to the idea that either they have slits on both hands, or that left-handed Wraith exist. I prefer the latter
        Humans can be left or right handed. Wraiths have human DNA so maybe they could have the feeding slit on either left or right hand.
        sigpic
        Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Wraith Cake's WDC Party Drink
          wraithie martini? Let's see...how to make a wraith martini? vermouth, green crème de menthe, a quick dash of cointreau and garnish it with chocolate vermicelli and maraschino cherries--Yea! I'm going to make one take a picture of it and post it. Hey why don't we make one and dedicated it to the wraith at SG? This is our "wraith martini"?
          Yeah I'll drink to that. Ok have you made it yet????? And the cake with wraithie candles see my post 9991 on party in reply to Degilwen post on 500 page party.

Traveler64:-
          Oh, I forgot! And once it has been tested for... ahem... whatever... we can post it on JM's blog for him to try, or they can try during one of their after shoot parties or something. From the fans to the Wraiths!
          yeah and when you post the receipe a photo with it too.

Posted by Naaimiaiset
          Carson? I'm not sure either. What about Ronon friend the Wraithworshipper- Tyre

MCH
          Last edited by MCH; 24 June 2008, 02:27 PM. Reason: Kepted adding to it
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
            Probaly OT:

Spoiler:
            Hello everyone

I am off to Vancouver to be closer to Todd
            I have no idea how the internet aranegments are there - so I may not be able to come here for 8 month - or maybe I am back in 3 days

If I can't come back in a long time - I wish you all the best - I will miss you great people!

reading 8 months of posts - I better find a way to come back quickly....
            Have a wonderful time. I will be off to Vancouver first week in August. Hopefully you'll be on-line again and I can look you up--go for martini's perhaps?? That would be nice. Anyway, take care and hopefully "actually" see you soon.

WK
            "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
              Thank yee much!

But... but... NOBODY noticed the earing I added. Waaaaaaaaah....
              You added an earing--what earring. I need to see this!
              WK

Comment

Originally posted by Degilwen View Post

@Shantaia YOU MEET TODD??? Don´t shake the Hands... he feed on you or you are a Wraith Queen??

So here a little bit fun
                Spoiler:
                LOL

WK

Comment

Quick question--were Wraith Greg and the Wraith in Hive (the episode where the Wraiths plant a Wraith Worshiper in his cell) played by the same actor? I am talking about the Wraith with short tunic that gave Neerna (?) that sneering, odd look. The two--Greg and the other Wraith--seem to move the same way and have the same kind of snarky look.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Degilwen View Post

So here a little bit fun
                    Spoiler:
                    This is priceless!!!!

And by the way--I love your siggy. Very nice....

sigpic

Comment

Shanthaia

Sorry you leaving us hopefully for the 3 day option, but if not please find a way to keep in touch. I'll miss having a laugh at your culling siggy. Safe journey and a safe return.

Originally Posted by Degilwen

So here a little bit fun
                      Love the Todd and his wraith cook book.

MCH
                      Last edited by MCH; 24 June 2008, 02:49 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                        Wraith Cake's WDC Party Drink

Yeah I'll drink to that. Ok have you made it yet????? And the cake with wraithie candles see my post 9991 on party in reply to Degilwen post on 500 page party.

Traveler64:-

yeah and when you post the receipe a photo with it too.

Posted by Naaimiaiset

Carson? I'm not sure either. What about Ronon friend the Wraithworshipper- Tyre

MCH
                        Okay chickee I've made it...and had a delirious time experimenting (hick oo0O)

Here they are. Okay, the first one is called "Bob's Yer Uncle and He's a WRAITH!"
                        Spoiler:

The little filmy part at the top of the class is from the mist. I'll explain in a moment.
                        Next is not my invention. It is a tribute to the human populous and it is called "Death in the Afternoon"
                        Spoiler:

and the last is called "The Wraith" I'm not in-love with this concoction yet--I'm still experimenting. However, as you can imagine, I lost a bit of steam (or perhaps I consumed "too much steam" ha ha ha ha) by the time I got around to making the third cocktail. I'll have to continue tomorrow.
                        Spoiler:

Here's all three together plus some absolutely DELICIOUS hand-made fair trade organic chocolate and truffles.
                        Spoiler:

There is a tiny shop just around the corner from us owned by a woman who has a shock of natural red hair. She makes all the chocolate by hand AND she deals directly with the suppliers of fair trade coca products.

I'll make a separate post for the ingredients. Only us at the WDC can take credit for this. If anyone wants to find out how to make "Bob's yer uncle and he's a WRAITH" they'll have to come here.

WK

Comment

Okay, here's the ingredient list for Bob's yer uncle and he's a WRAITH"

First, Crush three ice cubes in a food processor. Then, put the ice in a thin glass bowl in the fridge (not the freezer).

While the ice is cooling make your cocktail.

2 parts dark rum (I prefer Lamb's Navy Rum--this is not a high end rum but it will do the trick)
                          2 Parts green creme de menthe
                          1 part cointreau

put each of these measurements into a martini shaker, but DO NOT SHAKE. Some drinks require a delicate touch so that each note of the liqueur is not disturbed before consumption. stir gently with a metal spoon -- this keeps everything cool.

Now, take the ice out of the fridge--it should be loose but not slushy as you've kept it cooling in the fridge.
                          pour the ice in the bottom of a martini glass--there shouldn't be that much but enough to create an effect.
                          Lastly, quickly pour the mixed liqueur's over the ice--this should create a misty effect. The reason has to do with "neat" alcohol (straight alcohol) being poured over ice. I wanted to create the mist because the wraith create a mist when they want to play mind tricks on people.
                          Once you've poured the alcohol over the ice top it off with a black cherry attached to the stem.
                          Voila! Bob's yer uncle and he's a WRAITH!! It is delicious especially with chocolate.

The second cocktail, "Death in the Afternoon" is made with Pernod and Dry White Champagne.

You can add spices or puree fruit to spice it up. I added puree strawberries.

You take a wine, or champagne glass and put the puree whatever at the bottom.
                          Pour over top of that a 1/2 ounce of Pernod.
                          Now Pour over the Pernod, champagne (not sparkling wine, but champagne from the same province name in France--I prefer Grand Dame, but this is a little pricey but worth the taste). Make sure to pour slowly as the champagne will bubble up and over the glass. The effect is lovely and the taste is euphorically death like mmmm....

No one may make this, I've probably blabbed too much as usual. However, the ingredients and the "how to" is now listed at the WDC for all to read.

I will continue to experiment with a wraithatini, but perhaps I am being a perfectionist as I think the wraith are perfect.

WK

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
                            Okay chickee I've made it...and had a delirious time experimenting (hick oo0O)

Here they are. Okay, the first one is called "Bob's Yer Uncle and He's a WRAITH!"
                            Spoiler:

The little filmy part at the top of the class is from the mist. I'll explain in a moment.
                            Next is not my invention. It is a tribute to the human populous and it is called "Death in the Afternoon"
                            Spoiler:

and the last is called "The Wraith" I'm not in-love with this concoction yet--I'm still experimenting. However, as you can imagine, I lost a bit of steam (or perhaps I consumed "too much steam" ha ha ha ha) by the time I got around to making the third cocktail. I'll have to continue tomorrow.
                            Spoiler:

Here's all three together plus some absolutely DELICIOUS hand-made fair trade organic chocolate and truffles.
                            Spoiler:

There is a tiny shop just around the corner from us owned by a woman who has a shock of natural red hair. She makes all the chocolate by hand AND she deals directly with the suppliers of fair trade coca products.

I'll make a separate post for the ingredients. Only us at the WDC can take credit for this. If anyone wants to find out how to make "Bob's yer uncle and he's a WRAITH" they'll have to come here.

WK
                            WK:- I love your dedication to an art of cocktail making -
                            once you recovered from ...errm ..... cocktail making please don't forget to post on JM blog with photo's.

MCH
                            sigpic

Comment

WK- thanks for taking the time to experiment and post your results! I cant wait to try the "bob" and "the wraith" once you have perfected it.

ALL: been busy with RL but have been able to keep up with the postings. (just no time to post) Congrats on +10,000 post and >500 pages!!!! the party sounded great!
                              Great discussions, art and pics. Keep it up- you all are the best

Shan: i hope it's only 3 days, not 8 mo. If it is hopefully you can find a net source and keep in touch. OMG-I will miss the culling forecasts!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
                                Quick question--were Wraith Greg and the Wraith in Hive (the episode where the Wraiths plant a Wraith Worshiper in his cell) played by the same actor? I am talking about the Wraith with short tunic that gave Neerna (?) that sneering, odd look. The two--Greg and the other Wraith--seem to move the same way and have the same kind of snarky look.
                                Yes, they were both played by James Lafazanos.

Comment

Working...
                                X