This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Apparently everytime I post you start crying...

Comment

I dunno, this is truely a sad day in television history.

Ok, now anger is setting in:

No one ever dies my a$$. There is no coming back on somethings, even in sci fi.

I think I am going to be ill.....

sigpic
        www.savecarsonbeckett.com
        Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
          The conspiracy theorist in me (sorry, used to work for the federal gov't and in entertainment, I can't help it I've seen too much) thinks there is NO WAY that unedited interview of DH was a mistake. If it really was, someone got fired. Not only did it confirm spoilers, but its just plan unprofessional and a franchise such as Stargate (or any other entertainment firm, label, studio, etc etc) would ever let something like that. Its bad PR just because of how its simply raw footage.

DH seemed to joke-y when he made the comment "he's now dead..." imo.

I still won't believe it til I see it. Sure I'll make a fuss it better not happen, but watch it all have been some PR stunt to get viewers and either no one kicks it or someone else did. It has been done on a few television shows. Its not a new trick. Its fairly cheap as the viewers do all the work for them spreading the "word"

At least thats what I tell myself so I can sleep at night

My poor Carson....
          I doubt he'll be fully dead IMO. I'm sure will see him again.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            I doubt he'll be fully dead IMO. I'm sure will see him again.
            Thanks for your kind words. I really hope they can dig themselves out of this hole.

sigpic
            Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Can I just say...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

and

I will never love again.

lol, what I really mean is - I will never thunk another character.

we can still SAVE him we just have to keep trying

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                Can I just say...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

and

I will never love again.

lol, what I really mean is - I will never thunk another character.

we can still SAVE him we just have to keep trying
                Lets not give up hope, Carson can return. Remember Spock?!
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Hehehehe, but Spock was SPOCK....

but good point....

sigpic
                  Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

I had to drop in to say I am sooooo sorry, everyone. Paul is such a lovely man and Beckett such a lovely character. I hope so much we see him again on a regular basis.

Comment

In answer to what happens to this thread now?

KEEP GOING WITH IT!!!

We know from the reactions and information that is getting leaked to us that Carson's death has caused a far bigger backlash than TPTB had anticipated. It is clear that they thought of Carson as nothing other than a marginal character, one they could use and then throw away when the time suited them.

We need to show that he's as important as the rest of the main cast, and his place is up there, full time, sharing the credits!

I don't CARE what happened in "Sunday".

I don't CARE how "moving and poignant" his death was.

I don't CARE how high the ratings were, and how much advertising revenue was generated by this episode.

What I, and probably most of you, care about is that he should never have been killed off in the first place!

Despite the alleged finality of "Sunday" (I've yet to see the episode), getting Carson back where he belongs is the important thing. Over at the Save Carson Campaign, things are going into overdrive, so come on over, join the list, join the forum, and give us a hand.

Please.
                      Atlantis : Revolutions - an AU "Stargate: Atlantis" RPG

Comment

THANK YOU!

I agree, we need to keep fighting. Maybe

Spoiler:

Carson can keep coming back in a ghost form to be McKay's little advisor/confidant/sounding board kinda like Sam was in that one ep..

Or find a way to undo it ALLL

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT

sigpic
                        Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

I'd rather see him brought back FULLY, none of this farting about with ascension, or reversing plotlines. Hopefully, the writers in charge can come up with an original, acceptable way of bringing him back.

Odd that I still have any shred of faith left in TPTB...

Comment

*group-hugs everybody in here as well, trying to give some sort of comfort*

Now my greates fears have come true...!
                            Yet the fight is far from over!
                            Right now I feel like writing the most ill willed and unprintable rant to the producers and writers , but I won't. Instead I'll redirect my sheer anger and frustration into the number of letters I'm going to write today.
                            Oh, what a shame they had to do it at all and in such a horrible way! How could they do this?! How in all good heavens could they do this to us?! From what I read in the spoilers (won't see the ep any time soon), they made his already horrible event even more terrible, when everybody turned Carson down. No matter how much they regret it afterwards and no matter that Carson forgave this, it was a really horrible way to treat him. (And that refers to the character, the actor and the fans alike!)

*is rocked by sobbing attacks*
                            twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                            sigpic

Comment

I feel worse and worse....

Comment

Want to get involved? Don't know how?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=39558

Now you do.

Comment

Working...
                                X