This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*delurks for a moment*

Hi y'all. I've been following this thread on a daily base for some time now, but never really thought of anything appropriate to post. I'm supporting the SCB campain and have written a letter, back then when I thought Carson was "still" supposed to "simply disappear."

Having finally seen Sunday, I have to say that I've never been this disappointed with an episode/writer/producers/whatever. I know it's been mentioned numerous times, but what happened was a complete and utter waste. Atlantis is pretty much the only fandom right now for which I truly care, and thanks to those "brilliant" desicions made up in the writer's room, I felt as if I was punched in the face. Hard.

This crap about "heroic death" and "Noone really dies in SciFi.".. I can't hear it anymore. To me, it's a pathetic excuse, and an insult to any fan. Of course people "really die" in Sci Fi, hello! Every one of us could count off a whole list of people who "really died", and it doesn't add anything like realism to a show. Just the bitterness of the fans.

Never before have I hated an episode with such venom, and I feel sorry for those who consider themselves die-hard Carson fans (since I only started watching SGA when it was in the middle of Season 2, I don't dare calling myself that yet..).

Attacking the producers isn't going to do the fans any good, it'd only give the ptb just more reason to ignore us. :x The only kind of power I have left for now is to keep writing letters, and that's damn well what I'm going to do. Since I have no intention of spending money on a franchise which gives a rats ass about the feelings of their fans, I have more left to buy stamps.

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
    Course when we DO find out who made the decision, I'll be first in line for the lynch mob with the biggest damn pitch folk you've every seen!
    And I'll be right behind you with my own fork, sister!

Sorry for my bitterness and interrupting the flow of this thread.

;__;
    sigpic
    SaveCarsonBeckett

Comment

Just occurred to me:

What's one of the things Paul's said repeatedly he'd like to have seen for Carson in Season 3?

Carson's quarters.

Salt in the wound, anyone? And I, for one, cannot believe that Carson would have "not had much stuff here."
      sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
      ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Yes right, Paul wanted, that the fans can see Carson's quarters and TPTB had no other idea, to show Carson's quarters than killing him off? How creativ, respect.

And they also said, Carson will "disappear" what kind of disappearance is it to kill him in an explosion? I really want to know, what this "ghost stuff" has to do with his disappearance. Is he now ascended, too? Like Daniel did it so many times?

I don't want to have him back as a ghost for 3 or 4 episodes. I want the real Carson back forever!

Comment

quick thing

PLEASE VOTE HERE

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=39575
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
            Just occurred to me:

What's one of the things Paul's said repeatedly he'd like to have seen for Carson in Season 3?

Carson's quarters.

Salt in the wound, anyone? And I, for one, cannot believe that Carson would have "not had much stuff here."
            I dunno--- I don't really see Carson spending a lot of time in his room anyway...from what we've seen, he probably fell asleep in his office most of the time.
            McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Sue, wow that is an excellent letter!!

Re: Joe's blog.
              I don't particularly blame him for what happened. I have no idea who actually made the decision, I wouldn't dare to presume. Generally speaking I really like Joe, I always have. But I was quite insulted by what he said in his blog. I have no desire to insult him, but I also don't feel that I have to laugh when I'm being insulted by the guy. I sincerely hope that not really how he feels, because if it is, he's never going to listen to what we have to say. JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                TBH...I think the entire idea to get rid of Beckett was from Gero...y'know the golden boy of the Bridge

So was my letter okay? noticed a few grammatical errors in it sorry
                GREAT LETTER!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who got that same sense from Paul at the first conventions. He was practically bursting with fever for his role wasn't he? And though all this, the single most thing I respect him for...he's never lost his enthusiasm or positivity for the role. Most people would have happily wallowed in the negativity, it would have been easy to be bitter. Gotta love the man.

And you're right about Gero, though if LJ rumour holds true he wont be on the writing team next year. I have all body parts crossed thats true.

Comment

I was feeling ill last night and so have just caught up with all the posts.

Firstly, although I knew it was coming (from all the rumours we've heard) - I'm still so sad that they did kill Carson off.

But I feel all the more that Carson's presence in the show is vital. He brings out the best in the others, and shows his heart in each episode he is in. He brings emotions to the show, when so many of the others deliberately hide their emotions.

It makes me all the more determined to make my views felt. I think another round of letters are composing themself in my head.

And your letter was terrific sueKay

Comment

I've had the seal of approval from folks here...I'll clean up my letter and I'll sent it via the website

Sorry I don't have enough time to send it myself, and they wouldn't be able to read my writing anyway if I decided to pen it
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
                      Just occurred to me:

Carson's quarters.

Ouch, I'll see it tonight. But that makes it even worse (if that is even possible...)

I see another sleepless night in my future.

sigpic
                      www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                      Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
                        And you're right about Gero, though if LJ rumour holds true he wont be on the writing team next year. I have all body parts crossed thats true.
                        Interesting stuff TJ. You don't mind repeating the rumour do you? I haven't heard anything about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fifer View Post
                          Interesting stuff TJ. You don't mind repeating the rumour do you? I haven't heard anything about that.
                          I think the rumor that she's referring to states that it's going to be Joe Mallozi and Paul Mullie doing everything next year, and that Gero and Cuperus and company are all out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fifer View Post
                            Dont get me wrong, season 1 Gero was simply fantastic. He writing had pace and balance. Those episodes are still IMO some of the best of this entire show. But he's lost his objectivity, he's lost that balance and most of all he's lost his originality. And if 'Sunday' is anything to go by, his love for 'McKay' has tainted any hope of caring and therefore writing effectively for anyone else. What he did to Beckett in that ep...inexcusable.

All I heard rumour wise was LJ was a buzz that Gero wouldn't be writing much if any for season 4. Not sure why. Dont know if its true. After seeing Sunday the bitter part of me is hoping it is. Then at least we can get some new blood on the show, people who aren't tainted and will want to write for ALL the characters, not just Carson (IF they bring him back and I'm determined to FIGHT to see it happens to the bitter end). I also think Binder is a particularly talented writer and will hopefully get more. He may not have always included Carson as much as I would have liked, but IMO 'Phantoms' is one of THE best Beckett episodes this season.

I always thought that complex emotional part of Carson character, the one that attracted me to him the most, was an asset to the show and 'Phantoms' showed that. I love his sensitivity, I love his compassion, the softer side is sweet and alluring. But its the darker more complex side that makes the character interesting and god its heartbreaking to see that all thrown away.

Comment

Gero's now going to be an executive producer along with Carl Binder, according to the Brad Wright interview.

Personally, they could give the show to Binder and I wouldn't worry as much...Gero's the one who's trigger happy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Note from the new Ken Cuperus interview

"Vengeance" sees the return of Michael -- who is very much not amused by the recent attempts of the Atlantis team to blow him up. (As seen in "Misbegotten") And Michael's latest science project means a world of hurt to our team.
                                I think this is what they meant by McGillion returning as a different character...I think Michael's cloned him using a sample he got when he held Carson hostage.

Oh, and Ken to me, was one of the most promising writers the show had...and yes you've guessed it...they've 'let him go'

hmmph.

edit:

SG-P: Can you comment on the departure of Paul McGillion?
                                KC: Paul is a pro. There was an opportunity to tell a really special, emotional story, and Paul jumped at the chance, even if it meant big changes for his character. And he absolutely NAILED it. People will be talking about this performance for a long time!
                                eh?

http://stargate-project.de/stargate/...on=show&ID=379
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X