Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well to be honest it was kinda relieving that for once it wasn't McKay finding the solution he had a lot of screen time this season, so I was happy this was more Teyla centered for once I like McKay, don't get me wrong...but it was something else

Comment

Little off topic but not much:
      I would love to see episode where McKay is cloned and has to work with him self
      A

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        Probably because you'll see nothing but McKay (well, 90%) in Grace Under Pressure, coming this Friday to a TV near you
        "Michael" aired AFTER "Grace Under Pressure".

Comment

Dont you think taht mckay is the bviggest loser in stargate, its a complete embarrasment that the USAF let him into the stargate team, dont you agree, ps trudge is allergic to water

Comment

Regardless that most of your post made no sense, no, I don't. And there are numerous McKay threads already out there.

Rodney: "Air..person. Don't be there.(pause) Crap."
            Hermiod: "what did you do?"
            Rodney: "...It's Wraith."
            Hermiod: "Crap, indeed."

Comment

Originally posted by crisneelosty
              Dont you think taht mckay is the bviggest loser in stargate, its a complete embarrasment that the USAF let him into the stargate team, dont you agree, ps trudge is allergic to water
              1.That post makes no sence
              2.McKay is actually a pretty great character IMO
              3. Do you plan on spamming this forum forever? You must have made about 10 threads since you got here (some of which have been deleted) there are already tonnes of McKays threads!
              4. No one gives a flying f**k about "trudge's" allergies. (IMO)
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I completely disagree with you. I think Mckay is one of the best characters, because his character is so strong. His character is so complex and there is so much that can be developed with just his character alone that I'm really glad he is on the show. While he might be a coward most of the time, he is brave when it truely counts. In fact I'm very glad he is on the show because I can't wait to see what is going to happen with his character next, because there is so much about him that we still don't know. In fact all we really know about him, is that he has a sister, is in that really smart club that sheppard is also in (mensa?), and that he is only brave when he has to be, but never fails not to be when it is needed. Sorry rambled a little there, but what I'm trying to say I think is that you have to look a little farther than just the surface that is presented at first glance to realize just how important his character is, even if he does provide the comic relief alot.

Comment

I love McKay. Next to Elizabeth Weir he is my favorite character and next to Daniel Jackson he is the coolest guy on tv. I don't mind people thinking that McKay is a non-too-likable character--fine. He can be sorta annoying at times, yes, and fine. But why do you have to come on here just to post something like this? It's obvious people like McKay and while you are totally allowed your opinion, you could at least word it more tastefully.
                  thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Though he can be a little annoying at times, McKay is a really good character. And if you are going to be on a site like this you should be complementing and not complaining.
                    Blessed be ye. O Daughters of the Wind.

Fine steeds, like true friends, are few, even if to the eye of the inexperienced they are many...

Comment

Originally posted by crisneelosty
                      Dont you think taht mckay is the biggest loser in stargate, its a complete embarrasment that the USAF let him into the stargate team, dont you agree, ps trudge is allergic to water
                      Is this actually open to discussion- in which case there are plenty of active McKay threads already- or is this a rhetorical question and the thread should be re-titled "Anti-McKay thread" for folks who genuinely hate the character to come and commisserate?

There are people who hate McKay and call him far worse things than "loser" and "embarrassment", but I am not one of them. I think some of his annoyances are part of his charm. There are SOME things I don't like about him, but no character is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Epona_the_Horse_Goddess
                        Though he can be a little annoying at times, McKay is a really good character. And if you are going to be on a site like this you should be complementing and not complaining.
                        I'm guessing its an attention thing, just to cause a stir. I saw we quit responding and giving the attn.

Rodney: "Air..person. Don't be there.(pause) Crap."
                        Hermiod: "what did you do?"
                        Rodney: "...It's Wraith."
                        Hermiod: "Crap, indeed."

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                          1.That post makes no sence
                          2.McKay is actually a pretty great character IMO
                          3. Do you plan on spamming this forum forever? You must have made about 10 threads since you got here (some of which have been deleted) there are already tonnes of McKays threads!
                          4. No one gives a flying f**k about "trudge's" allergies. (IMO)
                          You basically said everything i was gonna say...well i was gonna say more but i decided to censor myself j/k
                          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Hananian
                            I'm guessing its an attention thing, just to cause a stir. I saw we quit responding and giving the attn.
                            My thoughts exactly since I saw the thread. This is provocation, not discussion! There are no arguments, only words like "loser" and "embarrassment", how is this the basis for a discussion? Let's just let it be. Why give the original poster a reason to laugh his @ss off because of all the outraged McKay fans?

If someone really feels the need for an Anti-McKay thread, please, let's make one up (with a proper title) and peeps can have their fun over there. I agree, we have no such thread yet, so if someone feels the need for one, why not (not that I need one). But we already have a good McKay discussion thread for serious discussions about the character and enough other little "McKay is stupid" threads which pop up constantly. We don't need another "Love or hate" thread. There are also no really new arguments out there, nearly everything about this has already been said. Make one proper Hate thread or rename one of the small threads, but stop this nonsense with a new thread every day.

Oh, and the mods have changed the title of this thread to make it look more like a serious thread. But there's still a discussion in the "Ask the mods" thread if this thread is necessary at all or not.

I vote "No".

Bye, A.
                            Last edited by Arlessiar; 28 February 2006, 12:57 AM.
                            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I like McKay but I wish he wasn't getting more screeen time than anyone else in SGA. We had more McKay focused episodes than Anyone else-focused. It's not fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                                I like McKay but I wish he wasn't getting more screeen time than anyone else in SGA. We had more McKay focused episodes than Anyone else-focused. It's not fair.
                                Don't get that at all, he has not had more screen time, he has had pretty much equal to Sheppard but of course people rarely complain about too much Sheppard...and besides Rodney is the head Scientist, the Atlantis expedition is about the science (the military are only there to protect the scientists how many have died so far they are doing a bang up job of that ) makes perfect sense that he would be in most episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X