X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then you'd get ownd quickly

Comment

I'd take either Sheppard because he's so smart or Teyla because I think she's the best fighter out of em'. Yep, that includes Ronan. I'd love to see them have another stick fight, but without him besting her when she's not looking.

Comment

The Hive:
        Spoiler:
        I was impressed bu McKay's mad fighting skillz. Yes, that is skillz with a "Zed." He be rocking 'n da hood yo. Werd.

My favorite of the Rodjitzu moves is the Shreik-Flail combo. Very intimidating.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Originally posted by PartyLikeIts1984
          The Hive:
          Spoiler:
          I was impressed bu McKay's mad fighting skillz. Yes, that is skillz with a "Zed." He be rocking 'n da hood yo. Werd.

My favorite of the Rodjitzu moves is the Shreik-Flail combo. Very intimidating.
          Rodjitsu. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream
            Rodjitsu. Nice.
            Hee. I know. I didn't think of it though, the credit goes to AGateFan a few posts up.

What else could we call it...Rodkwondo? McKayrate? Rod Fu?

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Originally posted by PartyLikeIts1984
              What else could we call it...Rodkwondo? McKayrate? Rod Fu?
              LOL! Oh I wish I could give you green!

Bye, A.
              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
                It was the style known as 'How Real People Fight'. It reminded me of Bridget Jones - and that was the best and most realistic fight scene I think I've ever seen in a movie.
                TV fighting is always stage to last long and entertain. In reality, when the guy is knocked down (this is the guy you're trying to beat into submission or whatever before he kills you), you don't dance around and let him get back up. You pick up the nearest object (laptop, typewriter, whatever) and whack him on the head, or give him a good kick. Even Rodney knew that. Smashed the guy on the head with the bottle!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  TV fighting is always stage to last long and entertain. In reality, when the guy is knocked down (this is the guy you're trying to beat into submission or whatever before he kills you), you don't dance around and let him get back up. You pick up the nearest object (laptop, typewriter, whatever) and whack him on the head, or give him a good kick. Even Rodney knew that. Smashed the guy on the head with the bottle!
                  So that means...

Revelation: McKay is a smarter fighter than Ronan!

Comment

What's really funny is that this was a staged fight. So, of course they had to plan each move. Can't you just hear the stunt coordinator saying, "No, no, no, that's not inexperienced enough. McKay would never hit like that!"

Just because
                    Spoiler:
                    the Wraith enzyme gave him the strength, didn't mean it gave him the skill.

To me, McKay actually looks physically better to take care of himself than Sheppard. McKay has broad shoulders and large arms.

I would think that Sheppard would have insisted that McKay get some hand to hand training to be on his team, just in case. McKay being McKay, would constantly be ducking out of his training sessions. Wait, maybe that was McKay with training.

Kidding aside, I think he did very well considering the situation. You try having a smooth fighting style when you're
                    Spoiler:
                    drugged and scared out of your mind.

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Oh yeah, totally. I made this thread because I love him.

But I still think Sheppard would be better because agility always wins!

Comment

TV fighting is always stage to last long and entertain.
                        Ridiculously long. And they make it look so harmless and playful.

In reality, when the guy is knocked down (this is the guy you're trying to beat into submission or whatever before he kills you), you don't dance around and let him get back up. You pick up the nearest object (laptop, typewriter, whatever) and whack him on the head, or give him a good kick. Even Rodney knew that. Smashed the guy on the head with the bottle!
                        Word to the wise: The only reason ever to hit someone in the head is if he's trying to kill you (or trying to kill someone else). You will probably kill him or damage him severely. And you will spend months, years, or even the rest of your life having to defend your actions to people who *know* you were wrong wrong wrong.

Read the news if you don't believe me.
                        Last edited by Wordsmit2; 29 November 2005, 01:15 AM.
                        Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                          I would think that Sheppard would have insisted that McKay get some hand to hand training to be on his team, just in case.
                          If he didn't, that's incredibly irresponsible. (Which wouldn't surprise me given what the writers seem to think of Sheppard.) McKay has to be able to recognize potential danger, fall safely, defend himself, get out of someone's grip, get help, and know when to run like the hounds of hell are after him. It would help if he can recognize and try to avoid traps too.

Originally posted by watcher652
                          McKay being McKay, would constantly be ducking out of his training sessions.
                          I would be very disappointed if the writers decided on that. McKay is supposed to be a genius. And he has often proclaimed his value. It makes no sense that he wouldn't protect his value. Think of how much impact just a broken jaw would have on his work effectiveness. Never mind being kidnapped or dead.

That film industry stereotype of the trainer who can't train worth a d*** equals a trainer who is out of a job in the real world. If a person doesn't do well with standard training, the trainer will adapt. Every little bit helps.

Another thing the film industry screws up is no one ever practices. Ridiculous!
                          Last edited by Wordsmit2; 29 November 2005, 01:18 AM.
                          Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

McKay being a good fighter would be completely out of character

He's a labrat - when he's not off-world with Sheppard he is researching the technology in the city

I doubt he has time to train
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmit2
                              I would be very disappointed if the writers decided on that. McKay is supposed to be a genius. And he has often proclaimed his value. It makes no sense that he wouldn't protect his value. Think of how much impact just a broken jaw would have on his work effectiveness. Never mind being kidnapped or dead.

That film industry stereotype of the trainer who can't train worth a d*** equals a trainer who is out of a job in the real world. If a person doesn't do well with standard training, the trainer will adapt. Every little bit helps.

Another thing the film industry screws up is no one ever practices. Ridiculous!
                              Well, they don't have time to show people training unless it's pivotal to a plot.

I'm sure Sheppard has tried to get McKay into better shape, but McKay can easily defer time in the gym to work on important projects. As long as he can run away from the wraith and not shoot his own people, I'm sure Shep is okay with it. After all, it's his job to protect McKay.

Comment

Does anyone else wonder if Mackay looks like Bob Hope too. To illustrate my point, can anyone do a side-by-side pic

Comment

Working...
                                X