Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Rachel's statement probably refers to both kirking and ships. People have complained about kirking everywhere, even in threads that have nothing to do with sga. It's not the same handful of people, either. The anti-kirking movement would be hard to ignore. If tptb love it, they might not care what we think, though. If they continue to persue kirking, then they deserve to lose ratings.

I think they have listened to the shippers. That doesn't mean they will go with Sparky and Spanky. They might try to rework Sheyla. You just never know what they will do. As long as they don't try to keep both Sparky and Sheyla going at the same time, I'll be happy. I say pick a ship and stick with it. I hope that wasn't too off topic. I don't want to incite a ship war.

Comment

Well being a sparky shipper mys elf i can't say i agree that sheyla is even there But then its a (mostly) free world

Maybe they'l take the time to write some deep an provoking storys an let these guys flex their acting muscles, and stop filling the scripts with pointless horse $h*t

When your ratings are starting to suck...fight a space battle, shake things up a bit, have our lead charcaters act as more than horny teenagers (not that all of us are like that)

*kicks PTB*

Comment

What's really stupid is that when the ratings of a show go down, they tend to add more horny teenage behavior. That may be what tptb were doing in the second half of s2. Let's hope they learned their lesson.

Comment

I hate TPTB

Its a shame all of the best episodes have done badly

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
            I think Rachel's statement probably refers to both kirking and ships. People have complained about kirking everywhere, even in threads that have nothing to do with sga. It's not the same handful of people, either. The anti-kirking movement would be hard to ignore. If tptb love it, they might not care what we think, though. If they continue to persue kirking, then they deserve to lose ratings.

I think they have listened to the shippers. That doesn't mean they will go with Sparky and Spanky. They might try to rework Sheyla. You just never know what they will do. As long as they don't try to keep both Sparky and Sheyla going at the same time, I'll be happy. I say pick a ship and stick with it. I hope that wasn't too off topic. I don't want to incite a ship war.
            Can I ask what Sparky, Spanky, and Sheyla (this one I assume is Shep/Teyla) are?

Comment

sparky is shepppard/weir
              And spanky is ronon/teyla

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
                sparky is shepppard/weir
                And spanky is ronon/teyla

And Snarky, which will never become canon-acknowledged () is McKay/Zelenka.

Lissa, ITA. I wish TPTB would realise that doing these things is detrimental to the welfare and popularity of both the characters and the show as a whole.

Comment

I doubt we'll ever see a slash on 8PM american TV

I'm just glad not everyone has given up on it, its almo9st like their trying to kill it

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                    . . . and Sheyla (this one I assume is Shep/Teyla) are?
                    Just don't Google "sheyla".

In reading Rachel's remarks, I also think that pertains to the kirking element as there as been such a huge outcry against it. At least I hope so.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

No realy don't google sheyla

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
                        No realy don't google sheyla
                        *cackles* Maybe that's the person on whom TPTB are modelling later-season-2 Shep

Comment

I just googled Sheyla.Oh, my That gave me a good laugh. Not work safe, by the way.

Comment

That was one peice of infomation id didn't need to know

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
                              Yeah, Rachel said that. Here's the interview: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...uredonca.shtml

I'm starting to think STAKS was a really good idea.
                              I've always thought it was a good idea... a place for people to vent their spleen about this particular aspect of the show in one place without annoying others who don't particularly subscribe to the same viewpoint. Of course, I'm still not entirely sure how much TPTB really take our views into consideration.

The Kirking aspect of the show I think has done the show and Joe Flanigan a grave disservice. They haven't made good use of the show's potential and JF's abilities as an actor.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
                                I just googled Sheyla.Oh, my That gave me a good laugh. Not work safe, by the way.
                                OK, I did too. Ewwww
                                SGA: the 3-season show...

Comment

Working...
                                X