This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
    I'd much rather see Sheppard as the honorable hero.
    I loved Sheppard in season 1 because he was the honorable hero after all the times he put himself on the line for those around him. They were in dire circumstances and his focus was clear, as was his attention to the issues at hand.

Season 2 Sheppard is a completely different story. After the first half of the second season it was hard to see him on screen without the "I'm too sexy" song playing in my head. It was as if the heroism and the promotion went straight to his head. I really do not want to see the head of the military contingent on Atlantis flirting with every hot woman he comes into contact with.....especially on missions. I would want to see him excercise some control and actually focus on the mission, not the hot chick. I love Shep's charming nature, but season 2 went beyond charming, and to me really turned me off of the character. It is always harder to find someone charming and cute when they themselves think they are.

In season 3, I would like to see this charcter be able to go on an off-world mission where there is a "hot chick" in charge, and not once see him actually looking her up and down, licking his lips, like some type of treat is in front of him. I expect the hero to have flaws, but I would not expect, nor do I appeciate, a flaw such as womanizing. That is just completely unprofessional in my opinion, and even more so with the circumstances being what they are in the Pegasus Galaxy. If he is looking for a deep, meaning realtionship, then that is fine.....but in season 2 it did not seem that way.

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm
      I loved Sheppard in season 1 because he was the honorable hero after all the times he put himself on the line for those around him. They were in dire circumstances and his focus was clear, as was his attention to the issues at hand.

Season 2 Sheppard is a completely different story. After the first half of the second season it was hard to see him on screen without the "I'm too sexy" song playing in my head. It was as if the heroism and the promotion went straight to his head. I really do not want to see the head of the military contingent on Atlantis flirting with every hot woman he comes into contact with.....especially on missions. I would want to see him excercise some control and actually focus on the mission, not the hot chick. I love Shep's charming nature, but season 2 went beyond charming, and to me really turned me off of the character. It is always harder to find someone charming and cute when they themselves think they are.

In season 3, I would like to see this charcter be able to go on an off-world mission where there is a "hot chick" in charge, and not once see him actually looking her up and down, licking his lips, like some type of treat is in front of him. I expect the hero to have flaws, but I would not expect, nor do I appeciate, a flaw such as womanizing. That is just completely unprofessional in my opinion, and even more so with the circumstances being what they are in the Pegasus Galaxy. If he is looking for a deep, meaning realtionship, then that is fine.....but in season 2 it did not seem that way.
      I agree about season three. I think that adding an additional character that works on certain missions initially would work well. He should be a father figure but need not be any older than Sheppard. Just someone who is a father. As a father I know that I would be very particular about which women I would be willing to let pass to my son. It may sound controlling but if my son at home really was interested in a female then I know he would speak up. The character should also not have a defined role on the team. Someone who is responsible, but unpredictable when it comes to conflict resolution. Sheppard would still need to be the leader to talk sanity back into the new character.

By the way I think Kirking should be defined in a larger scope. I see that a general term of Kiring would be to carlessly get involved in a situation that does not lead to progress or anything usefull. Kirk's sexual floundering left him with a broken marriage. This is an extreme case. However, people who continue to cause events such as blowing up their husband and then when he is regenerated or whatever work with others to change time back to where he should wake up from a "good" nights sleep, is also kirking. Stop all kirking!!!
      Signature to remain private from online usage at this "time"

Comment

add me to the list

Comment

Adding you now. Welcome to the gang

I've noticed a few new posters recently, and big hellos to you all. Shout up if you want adding to the list. It's not compulsary

Just a reminder that this thread is about Kirking in both Stargate shows, so this can include Vala's constant flirting, Daniel's "girl on every planet" routine, Carter's boyfriend of the week syndrome-- in that we hear about Joe and Jonas et al, but never get any follow up. That's what kirking is about. Character of the week romances that serve no purpose in the grand scheme of things. Characters acting like they've completely forgotten, or like it never happened (though, post season eight, that is quite possibly the case
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Could you please add me to the list?

You are right about there being many more "Kirks" in the 2 Stargates. In my opinion one of the worst one episode stands was Brief Candle in S1. Jack was drugged and had sex with a woman immediately upon meeting her. It took away from what would have been a really good premise.

Another one was Enigma. The guy Sam was involved with couldn't have been more bland. I'm still working on the earlier seasons otherwise there would be more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Adding you now. Welcome to the gang

I've noticed a few new posters recently, and big hellos to you all. Shout up if you want adding to the list. It's not compulsary

Just a reminder that this thread is about Kirking in both Stargate shows, so this can include Vala's constant flirting, Daniel's "girl on every planet" routine, Carter's boyfriend of the week syndrome-- in that we hear about Joe and Jonas et al, but never get any follow up. That's what kirking is about. Character of the week romances that serve no purpose in the grand scheme of things. Characters acting like they've completely forgotten, or like it never happened (though, post season eight, that is quite possibly the case
              Well, the way they write Mitchell's character sometimes really bothers me, like when he mentions sleeping with a stewardess in "Stronghold." (not sure if that's the right name). And in Ripple Effect, when Sam was explaining alternate realities, and he says, "so in another reality I got to second base with (some girl)?"

I just feel these lines are unnecessary, and something much more profound and less teenagerish could have been said instead.
              Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Lissa, welcome to the thread You're added. And atlantis rocks, Amy Pentenburgh, I think. Yes, really annoying waste of a line. Could have used that screentime to show more interaction with a certain best friend

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
                  You are right about there being many more "Kirks" in the 2 Stargates. In my opinion one of the worst one episode stands was Brief Candle in S1. Jack was drugged and had sex with a woman immediately upon meeting her. It took away from what would have been a really good premise.
                  I kinda liked "Brief Candle" simply because Jack PAID for sleeping with the hot number and got that nano-STD that made him age rapidly. Served him right.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    I kinda liked "Brief Candle" simply because Jack PAID for sleeping with the hot number and got that nano-STD that made him age rapidly. Served him right.
                    Good Point.

Comment

Sign me up!

I just have trouble shipping Shweir because I feel like she deserves someone who can be more respectful. I mean, I'm not the only girl here who thinks he's being disrespectful to our gender by doing thing...
                      Last edited by nebulan; 19 April 2006, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I'm sure Sheylans feel the same way for Teyla. But this isn't an extension of the ship thread We're ship neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          I'm sure Sheylans feel the same way for Teyla. But this isn't an extension of the ship thread We're ship neutral.
                          Yep, even non-shippers feel the same way. That's why this is a great thread, everyone can enjoy it.

Welcome nebulan!

Comment

I hate kirking i can't stand it, its demeaning to sheppard to see him sleep with all these space whores, an it bores the hell out me yes theres a guy on your thread saying he hates kirking

Comment

Not a big fan of shipping (but I can tolerate it).....definatly not a fan of Kirking.....the preview for next Sunday's ep showed Sheppard with his first alien conquest? (Sanctuary, S1)

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                                Not a big fan of shipping (but I can tolerate it).....definatly not a fan of Kirking.....the preview for next Sunday's ep showed Sheppard with his first alien conquest? (Sanctuary, S1)
                                Yikes! Are you even going to bother watching it?

And welcome Major Zoidberg! I'm sure there are a few other guys here.

Comment

Working...
                                X