This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
    If they had another episode that took place on earth, or at least flashbacks, what would you like to see? I was thinking how much I'd like to see more of his mom...or maybe introduce her to Rodney
    You're wicked - Hi mum meet Rodney his um, a friend.

Oh I would love to see him in his natural environment. I wonder if he is confident and relax on Earth or still a little unsure and jittery at new deadly things, lol. Of course he was on the 'Base' for who knows how long, so he probably got used to not being around his mum and his Scottish friends. Maybe he had some kinda thing going on during his time at the 'Base'. He does strike me as a lot more aware of the opposite sex than say Rodney, or at least more able to flirt.

As for professional he would have IMO been a focused guy but not obsessed with the research. I would love to see the moment he discovered the gene. In Rising when he sat in the chair that was brilliant I loved that whole thing with the weapon but to see the initial discovery and that he was the one that found it ooh I would love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
      You're wicked - Hi mum meet Rodney his um, a friend.
      Who, moi? I just thought his dear old mum might like to meet one of his, uh, colleagues...

Originally posted by DrWhosRose
      Maybe he had some kinda thing going on during his time at the 'Base'. He does strike me as a lot more aware of the opposite sex than say Rodney, or at least more able to flirt.
      Hmmm...he does seem like he probably would know the right thing to say to a girl even if he had trouble approaching her in the beginning, where Rodney seems to be the complete opposite...he's not shy but the things that come out of that mouth! Oh, boy...can you say tactless?

And Thistledown, I think you are right. I believe Carson feels he made the right decision in coming to Atlantis even if he misses things from home like his mum. Like many of the team, I think Atlantis has fulfilled in them in places they didn't even realize were empty.

Ooh! I think I'm changing what I'd want to see if he went home again. I'd want Shep and Rodney to take him out for drinks and he would get all choked up and start singing Scottish drinking songs and tell them all about his childhood, firt loves, etc. I think that would make a rather nice bonding ep for the guys and drunk characters are always a hoot!
      Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
      :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

I'd want Shep and Rodney to take him out for drinks and he would get all choked up and start singing Scottish drinking songs and tell them all about his childhood, firt loves, etc. I think that would make a rather nice bonding ep for the guys and drunk characters are always a hoot!
        Oh yes!

Carson would be well served by some comraderie!! An evening with the fellas would be wonderful, whether on Earth or Atlantis!
        Perhaps someone's birthday!

AT
        thistledown
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thistledown
          Oh yes!

Carson would be well served by some comraderie!! An evening with the fellas would be wonderful, whether on Earth or Atlantis!
          Perhaps someone's birthday!

AT
          Ooh, don't forget Dex! I mean if we are going to have three we may as well have four!

Comment

Who, moi? I just thought his dear old mum might like to meet one of his, uh, colleagues...
            OK, GateTrippin', time for a trip to the McBeck thread! You are way too deep in the gutter!
            Like many of the team, I think Atlantis has fulfilled in them in places they didn't even realize were empty.
            That was wonderfully put, thank you!
            Ooh! I think I'm changing what I'd want to see if he went home again. I'd want Shep and Rodney to take him out for drinks and he would get all choked up and start singing Scottish drinking songs and tell them all about his childhood, firt loves, etc. I think that would make a rather nice bonding ep for the guys and drunk characters are always a hoot!
            Oh yes, I want to see that! Guys bonding stuff and some clichés (kilt, whiskey) - great!
            If they had another episode that took place on earth, or at least flashbacks, what would you like to see?
            I would definitely like to see his home. I don't mean his appartment or whatever place he lived in on his own in the past years, no, I mean the place where he grew up. I'd like it to be Scotland. It would be great to see him there, in a house filled with pics of him as a child, with his mum cooking for him like in "Rising". I would love to hear him talking about childhood memories with his mother, such moments are great to get to know a character better. I'd want to hear what made him the person he is today, get to know some of the little tesserae which build the human mosaic that is Carson Beckett. Maybe why he became a doctor, or if there was a sad lovestory in his past or what his family is like - does he still have a father, does he have siblings?
            Guess that will never happen on the show, but I can dream, not?

Bye, A.
            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
              I would definitely like to see his home. I don't mean his appartment or whatever place he lived in on his own in the past years, no, I mean the place where he grew up. I'd like it to be Scotland. It would be great to see him there, in a house filled with pics of him as a child, with his mum cooking for him like in "Rising". I would love to hear him talking about childhood memories with his mother, such moments are great to get to know a character better. I'd want to hear what made him the person he is today, get to know some of the little tesserae which build the human mosaic that is Carson Beckett. Maybe why he became a doctor, or if there was a sad lovestory in his past or what his family is like - does he still have a father, does he have siblings?
              Guess that will never happen on the show, but I can dream, not?

Bye, A.
              Touche! Also beatifully written thought regarding Carson

Visiting Scotland would hold amazing possibilities for his character...I tend to get the feeling that his mother is a widower and he is the only child but can you imagine the scores of cousins, uncles, aunts, etc that he must have. Plus, he could go to a nice Scottish Fling

Comment

So I took this QUIZ and it turns out I am Carson *gloats*
                Heh. I turned out to be Rodney. Can I help it if I'm snarky geek? Here's another quiz to determine which charater you are on SGA... but it gives you a percentage and ranking. And yes, I scored Rodney there too.. but Carson came in a close second by a difference of 8%. So that makes me a compassionate snarky geek, right? And I am Scottish.. somewhere in my ancestry.
                Last edited by strivaria; 24 August 2005, 12:38 PM. Reason: can't spell worth crap today...

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
                  Here's another quiz to determine which charater you are on SGA... but it gives you a percentage and ranking.
                  I scored Carson again! It must be fate Then I was....Sheppard...next!? Uh, ok. I wanted to be Weir or Rodney next These quizes are fun! I should make a Carson test!

Comment

Touche! Also beatifully written thought regarding Carson
                    Wanted to give you green for your lovely words about the unknown empty spaces, but, ya know...
                    Plus, he could go to a nice Scottish Fling
                    Ah, with one foot back in the gutter, just great!
                    I like to imagine that Carson likes long-term relationships, but maybe he's just feeling very, hmm, let's say "lonely" after all this time on Atlantis and since he has enough charm for three scottish doctors I'm sure he could have a lovely lass on every finger in seconds if he wanted to!
                    I know I would fall for him...

Bye, A.
                    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                      Wanted to give you green for your lovely words about the unknown empty spaces, but, ya know...

Ah, with one foot back in the gutter, just great!
                      I like to imagine that Carson likes long-term relationships, but maybe he's just feeling very, hmm, let's say "lonely" after all this time on Atlantis and since he has enough charm for three scottish doctors I'm sure he could have a lovely lass on every finger in seconds if he wanted to!
                      I know I would fall for him...

Bye, A.
                      lol! I actually meant fling as in dance...or maybe my scottish terminology is wrong! But the other works too!

Comment

lol! I actually meant fling as in dance...or maybe my scottish terminology is wrong! But the other works too!
                        ROFL, Fling, fling it's all good. I took the test the second quiz thing and I got Rodney at 92% and you would not believe it Carson at 92%! TOO! Seems they are closer than I thought but then again I can see why they would be friends. Aw, love 'em. I am feeling pretty arrogant today for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by kittyangel
                          I don't believe that they would be killing Carson any time soon, if ever. If they got rid of the Carson they would have to get a new DR. and we can only see so many new character a year. Zalenka (though he is great) would not need a replacement since they will still have Rodney.
                          I can see it, they would kill-off someone like Zelenka long before someone like Beckett. Not that I want either or any characters to be killed off! Of course SG-1 not only killed off their doctor but introduced three new characters (including the new doctor) pretty much at the same time, four if you include Vala, so that goes against the argument somewhat.

Having said all that I am being positive I don't think they would dare get rid of Beckett and they really seem to like having Paul McGillion around not to mention the up-coming episodes seem to point to more Dr Beckett involvement. *crossing finger*

Comment

[QUOTE=strivaria]Heh. I turned out to be Rodney. Can I help it if I'm snarky geek? Here's another quiz to determine which charater you are on SGA... but it gives you a percentage and ranking. [QUOTE]

Hi,
                            New here. Thanks for the quiz link. And, oddly enough. I turned out to be Carson! I almost never turn out to be one of my favourite characters.

FF
                            Do not meddle in the affairs of fraggles for there is nothing quite as irritating as being pestered to death by small, bouncy, fuzzy creatures!

Comment

Originally posted by Frazzelled_Fraggle
                              Hi,
                              New here. Thanks for the quiz link. And, oddly enough. I turned out to be Carson! I almost never turn out to be one of my favourite characters.

FF
                              Welcome to Gateworld.

Glad you like Dr Beckett. You did mean you like Beckett right? I guess so or you wouldn't be here.

So has anyone seen the new ep? Waiting on Dr Beckett news. Is there any?

Comment

Carson is developing quite nicely I think. Tonight
                                Spoiler:
                                He really wanted to go off world in this episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X