This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thistledown
    Perhaps we haven't seen Beckett as much as we would have liked in these first few episodes of the season because the writers did them before they knew Beckett would be a regular in Season 2??
    As far as I know PM said in an interview that there was talk about him becoming a regular around the middle of the first season. I guess at the end of the filming of season one it was a fact then that he'd be a regular in the next season. Enough time to write episodes with him. Maybe they had some concepts, but I really don't think every script for S2 was already written at the end of S1.
    Let's hope there is some Carson in today's episode. I'm eagerly waiting for the first reports. Saturday is always filled with gathering all information I can get about the newest episode.

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
      As far as I know PM said in an interview that there was talk about him becoming a regular around the middle of the first season......Enough time to write episodes with him. Maybe they had some concepts, but I really don't think every script for S2 was already written at the end of S1.
      AAargh. I was afraid of that. I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. I have watched other shows where the writers obviously developed "favourite characters" and kept writing episode after episode about them. Then other characters get dropped or the actors leave because they're not getting anything challenging.

Obviously, I'm getting ahead of myself. It's too early to be talking like that, but then again, I don't want it to GET to that point. I want the writers to be aware that the fans think they are neglecting a character. (At least Paul's fans!)

I hope they read these forums....

AT
      thistledown
      sigpic

Comment

As far as I know PM said in an interview that there was talk about him becoming a regular around the middle of the first season. I guess at the end of the filming of season one it was a fact then that he'd be a regular in the next season. Enough time to write episodes with him. Maybe they had some concepts, but I really don't think every script for S2 was already written at the end of S1.
        Let's hope there is some Carson in today's episode. I'm eagerly waiting for the first reports. Saturday is always filled with gathering all information I can get about the newest episode.

Bye, A.
        It's a full life then, haha!
        I have not seen it my god! I have to wait till, well not that long anymore. But I haven't seen Condemned yet either! I have been so slack after the lovely "Duet" ep.

I did think about the whole "maybe they wrote them before they were sure he was going to be a regular" but then NO, I think they would have written most of them just before shooting and stuff. I don't know, don't know anything about how it works in SGA production land.

Just know he ain't been in it much and that it sucks big time! (so eloquently put)

Comment

A big ole BAH! on the Carson front tonight...I'd say he was in it for all of 2 minutes (though he looked scrumptious) and it was all
          Spoiler:
          medical talk
          . I think you guys may be right about the he-became-a-regular-after-they-had-already-written-some-2nd season-eps thing based on his (lack of) appearance in Condemned and Trinity. That means he'd better be in loads of the 2nd half of the season OR ELSE!!
          Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
          :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
            A big ole BAH! on the Carson front tonight...I'd say he was in it for all of 2 minutes (though he looked scrumptious) and it was all
            Spoiler:
            medical talk
            . I think you guys may be right about the he-became-a-regular-after-they-had-already-written-some-2nd season-eps thing based on his (lack of) appearance in Condemned and Trinity. That means he'd better be in loads of the 2nd half of the season OR ELSE!!
            2 minutes No!

Dam it! Next week with the research element he better have a lot to do or talk about, probably medical but still!

Comment

So I took this QUIZ and it turns out I am Carson *gloats* but when I read the caption I thought...what? Do you think Carson got beat up as a child, or at least made fun of because he was sensitive?

Comment

So I took this QUIZ and it turns out I am Carson *gloats* but when I read the caption I thought...what? Do you think Carson got beat up as a child, or at least made fun of because he was sensitive?
                Hmm, I think this goes back to that Ford thing in Hot Zone, I guess as a joke anyone not on the military side of things got beat up as a kid. We don't know enough about him to make that judgement yet *listen up TPTB* I think the way he handles a Gun does say a lot about him though.

EDIT: I did the test and I was Carson too! Guess I am just too sensitive with no fashion sense. Ew! I don't have to start eating "Haggis"!?!

"Beckett

26 other people got this result!
                This quiz has been taken 179 times.
                15% of people had this result."

My fellow Carsonites.
                Haha, I was hoping for Weir for some reason.
                Last edited by Willow'sCat; 20 August 2005, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Do you think Carson got beat up as a child, or at least made fun of because he was sensitive?
                  Just because he didn't beat others up, doesn't mean he was on the receiving end...
                  This might sounds...odd, but I've kind of pictured him in school as being similar to my boyfriend: the sensitive guy who was also a rather big strapping fellow. He never looked for fights, but stood up for people who got picked on. Very cordial and polite, but called bullies on their phoney bravado and ended up making them look foolish without actually having to degenerate to fisticuffs.

Then again...that's just what I happen to like

AT
                  thistledown
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                    EDIT: I did the test and I was Carson too! Guess I am just too sensitive with no fashion sense. Ew! I don't have to start eating "Haggis"!?!
                    I admit it, you all made me curious, and so I did the test, too. Let's guess the result!
                    Yeah, right - Carson! There must be similarities in the people who like Carson, similarities that connect us among each other and with him.
                    Let's meet somewhere in Scotland and celebrate with some fine Whiskey. AND some Haggis (I'd really like to taste it one day).

Bye, A.
                    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I admit it, you all made me curious, and so I did the test, too. Let's guess the result!
                      Yeah, right - Carson! There must be similarities in the people who like Carson, similarities that connect us among each other and with him.
                      Let's meet somewhere in Scotland and celebrate with some fine Whiskey. AND some Haggis (I'd really like to taste it one day).

Bye, A.
                      I can't eat haggis I'm a vegetarian I am a sensitive vegetarian haha, how cliched can one fangirl get. I never expected to be like my other fave SGA character but I never thought Carson either, Hmm could be a dud quiz.

Comment

LOL!

Me too!
                        I took the quiz and I'm Carson!

We're CLONES!

AT
                        thistledown
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thistledown
                          LOL!
                          Me too!
                          I took the quiz and I'm Carson! We're CLONES!

AT
                          It's a dud quiz. Or yes Carson has been doing some experiments with the cloning. Hmm, I feel like these last few posts belong in the *Thunk*

Comment

Yes I know this is the Carson discussion (I started it! )

I got McKay! All I had to do was click all the negative ones, haha! Aw, he ain't that bad!

McKay

33 other people got this result!
                            This quiz has been taken 207 times.
                            16% of people had this result.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                              Yes I know this is the Carson discussion (I started it! )

I got McKay! All I had to do was click all the negative ones, haha! Aw, he ain't that bad!
                              Good job! After a couple more trys I also got Weir and Shep (who apparently goes well with chocolate sauce according to the caption).

Soooo since this is the discussion thread and I have instigated a very off topic string of posts I will take us back on topic...or try!

If they had another episode that took place on earth, or at least flashbacks, what would you like to see? I was thinking how much I'd like to see more of his mom...or maybe introduce her to Rodney

Comment

If they had another episode that took place on earth, or at least flashbacks, what would you like to see? I was thinking how much I'd like to see more of his mom...or maybe introduce her to Rodney
                                Well, I would want to get to know Carson, so I'd want to see his home and meet his friends. I would also like to see him revisit his motivations and any hesitations he had about the mission. I don't think he regrets it AT ALL, I think it's just where he wants to be, however I'm sure there are regrets. We've all made choices that we're glad we made, but we still look back and wish we didn't have to MAKE a choice. Weir wishes she could have her man (whatever his name is...?) AND be on Atlantis. I'm sure Sheppard misses ferris wheels.
                                What did Carson leave behind, other than his Mum's cooking? A girl? The comraderie of people he grew up with his whole life? Earth-based research that had been dear to him?
                                Those would definately be my wishes: his home, and his regrets.

AT
                                thistledown
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X