This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
    Plus with Fords role being down graded somewhat it was inevitable that someone had to be put in to fill the gap (I don't see RD as being that character). There is also the on screen chemistry he has with both McKay (David) and Weir (Torri) IMO he helps make McKay and Weir more believable and for myself in the case of Weir a warmer character. Just my opinion.
    I definately see what you mean by him making Weir a warmer person, or at least bringing it out in her more than the others. I love the scene in Intruder when
    Spoiler:
    Beckett worries that his new staff will be more qualified than him and Weir gives him that honeyed, reassuring smile and tells him "You're my CMO, no one's more qualified than you!"
    I think he really puts her at ease and vice versa, and if I wasn't such a ginormous McWeir supporter I might try to ship them together a little. She's much more his type than the immature Cadman. (Much love to Jamie ray Newman)
    Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
    :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
      I think he really puts her at ease and vice versa, and if I wasn't such a ginormous McWeir supporter I might try to ship them together a little. She's much more his type than the immature Cadman. (Much love to Jamie ray Newman)
      Nooo! O.K respect. But please no BeWeir.
      You have already taken McKay leave me Beckett. I am of course joking. Although having said that I disagree with you on Cadman I like that idea Beckman.

Comment

I definately see what you mean by him making Weir a warmer person, or at least bringing it out in her more than the others. I love the scene in Intruder when
        Spoiler:
        Beckett worries that his new staff will be more qualified than him and Weir gives him that honeyed, reassuring smile and tells him "You're my CMO, no one's more qualified than you!"
        I think he really puts her at ease and vice versa
        I'm with Rose on not wanting a BeckWeir. But the really have something like an on-screen chemistry. I think they'd make good friends. Maybe they are already.
        Just look at all those fanfictions - there are so many fanfics where you can find scenes in which Weir turns to Carson for advice. I even started such a fanfic myself right after becoming a fan of SGA, which means I had only seen about five episodes then. It just seemed to fit, and by now there are so many Weir-Beckett talk scenes in fanfic that I feel proven right!

I'm about to agree that Carson is one of the characters I can imagine to have a long term relationship on the show. I can also imagine Weir and Zelenka to have one, but not Rodney, Teyla or even Sheppard. Carson is lovely, but also "pretty normal" - not in a bad way, no, quite the opposite, and that makes a possible relationship even more conceivably and fitting. I think he might also be romantic and a great and considerate partner.
        But I would only want to see such a Carson relationship in the background. And I'd still be jealous! AND I still think Cadman isn't the right girl for him. Just because she is a girl (to me). He needs a woman. Someone to share his problems and interests, so that he can let go and talk when ne needs to.

Bye, A.
        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
          But I would only want to see such a Carson relationship in the background. And I'd still be jealous! AND I still think Cadman isn't the right girl for him. Just because she is a girl (to me). He needs a woman. Someone to share his problems and interests, so that he can let go and talk when ne needs to. Bye, A.
          "Just because she is a girl" That isn't much of an argument Arlessiar we don't know Cadman isn't a woman, we don't really know her at all.

On the Romantic side of Dr Carson Beckett, Paul McGillion has said (interview at the unoffical PM site) that he like Carson is a romantic. I take that as read "Carson is a romantic".

Comment

"Just because she is a girl" That isn't much of an argument Arlessiar we don't know Cadman isn't a woman, we don't really know her at all.
            We don't know very much of her, that's right, but I got an impression. Sadly, and I think that is one of the few flaws of this episode, Cadman doesn't come across as a "round character". I know that this is difficult to do, because she's under stress (her life is in danger, she's in someone else's mind), we can mostly only hear her voice and because her character is played by DH for a good part. But that's what I have to judge from, apart from small other things like her room for example. We already talked about her coming across as a little immature here, and so I thought I don't have to say it all again but can sum it up in one word. I think it was Gate Trippin' who called her "girlish". I'd agree.
            Yes, Cadman is military, but if I hadn't seen that, I wouldn't have believed it.
            She looks very young and more like a model (no offense here, JRN is just cute, but I think she's too cute for that role). And then the classical woman talk and date tips (and bad ones by the way), the way she's rushing things, or the way she talks while talking to Rodney. And look at the way she visits Beckett at night. Yes, I know, it's DH playing "her" then and he wants to draw distinctions, but since we are only talking about the character LC here I can only say that the way she talks, walks and behaves seems a little "girlish" to me. I got so used to that that I was really surprised when she switched to serious in the infirmary, wanting to write to her parents.
            OK, long story short since this isn't a Cadman thread: I think she and Carson don't fit together, because her behaviour and her thoughts lead me to the assumption that she's too young and too immature for him. They also don't seem to have so much in common (at least not yet). I think it's something like a "schoolgirl crush" she has on him.
            Just my opinion of course.
            On the Romantic side of Dr Carson Beckett, Paul McGillion has said (interview at the unoffical PM site) that he like Carson is a romantic. I take that as read "Carson is a romantic".
            He said that? Yes, now that you say that I seem to remember something like that in an interview. Well, I take it the same way you do! He IS a romantic! I think that fits!

Bye, A.
            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Ok, Ok! *waves hands in surrender* No more Weir/Beckett shippy talk from me But they can be close friends, right?

But seriously, I agree 100 percent with the whole Cadman is too 'girlish' thing, and I'm generalizing by using that adjective but it nearly fits. My first impression was exactly that when we saw her
              Spoiler:
              teasing McKay about his upcoming date with Katie on a mission where she was spending more time gossiping than anything else. Maybe she was just trying to get Carson's attention but I thought it childish.

Perhaps it's because I see her as the kind of girl who would play games and I think Carson is the extreme opposite in that regard. Based on his relationship with his mother and the way he treats other women on Atlantis, I think he would be very sincere and respectful of any potential date/GF.

But as you say, Rose, what do we really know about her? Most of this stuff is from the ep festering in my brain and it is 6am and I haven't been to sleep yet

Comment

My thoughts on the whole Beckett / Cadman are not too pro. You see to me
                Spoiler:
                When Cadman, Rodney and Carson are walking the beginning of "Duets" she sure isn't acting like any Marine I've ever seen. She was way too relaxed, picking flowers, flirting, trying to get Carson to notice her...it just wasn't professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                  My thoughts on the whole Beckett / Cadman are not too pro. You see to me
                  Spoiler:
                  When Cadman, Rodney and Carson are walking the beginning of "Duets" she sure isn't acting like any Marine I've ever seen. She was way too relaxed, picking flowers, flirting, trying to get Carson to notice her...it just wasn't professional.
                  Yeah, but who wouldn't wanna get his attension!

I would!
                  Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                  The Strongest Will Survive!
                  I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by jannagalaxy
                    Yeah, but who wouldn't wanna get his attension!

I would!
                    Oh definately! That's the hard thing though, when you think about it, I mean, you want Carson to end up with someone great you know? But then if you think about it...what if you really were a character, I mean you can't blame Cadman but at the same time there are better ways, especially on a Wraith planet!

Comment

Oh definately! That's the hard thing though, when you think about it, I mean, you want Carson to end up with someone great you know? But then if you think about it...what if you really were a character, I mean you can't blame Cadman but at the same time there are better ways, especially on a Wraith planet!
                      Right, and I think a late night visit to his lab would probably get the point across just as well

Comment

Right, and I think a late night visit to his lab would probably get the point across just as well
                        See I'd love to be able to make an impression on him. An attack on a planet, he's trying to save people from a Wraith attack, I save a child and he sees and win his heart

I guess its a good thing that we fans don't write the series episodes, I think Carson might have a girl a week!

Comment

See I'd love to be able to make an impression on him. An attack on a planet, he's trying to save people from a Wraith attack, I save a child and he sees and win his heart

I guess its a good thing that we fans don't write the series episodes, I think Carson might have a girl a week!
                          So that's how you'd snag him, huh? Might just work, as I suspect he'd be a sucker for someone who likes children.

What is the best way besides that to capture dear, sweet Beckett???

Comment

What is the best way besides that to capture dear, sweet Beckett???
                            Do I get another story?

Comment

As many as you like!

Personally, I think that my first try to win Carson's heart would be with a cup of tea and a nice, long chat. He's hardly the type to rush into things and I wouldn't want to scare him off. If that doesn't work than I'd probably have to resort to more drastic action

Comment

As many as you like!

Personally, I think that my first try to win Carson's heart would be with a cup of tea and a nice, long chat. He's hardly the type to rush into things and I wouldn't want to scare him off. If that doesn't work than I'd probably have to resort to more drastic action
                                Don't those contradict one another?

*sneaks off to come up with an idea*

Comment

Working...
                                X