Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Dr Fraiser didn't come back
    Her alternate universe version did, and there was clone!Beckett, and Daniel wasn't really dead.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
      Sunday made me cry, for obvious reasons...

But that bagpipe music, as a Scot, made me cry...because it was so awful. I wince when I hear it.

Seriously, couldn't they have re-recorded it in post?
      Oh I hear you! If they really had to go with the biggest Scottish cliche out there (and let's face it the Stargate writers never could resist the charms of a cliche) the least they could have done was get a decent piper.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Her alternate universe version did, and there was clone!Beckett, and Daniel wasn't really dead.
        True...but that wasn't our Janet. And she didn't stay around like Daniel and Carson.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          True...but that wasn't our Janet. And she didn't stay around like Daniel and Carson.
          But she came back nonetheless. Besides clone!Beckett wasn't our Beckett either in a way.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sunday is still the saddest episode for me. Carson was really dead in that episode, so no matter what happened in the future, there was no turning back. Even though we later discovered that the writers were bringing him back I knew it wouldn't be the same and it wasn't.

At the time, I was so bummed by Sunday, that I couldn't re-watch it until I found out "Carson" would return. Too bad the return, after the first couple of episodes, turned out to be so badly written. There was an unfortunate disconnect between the way things ended in Season 4 and the events, or non-events, in Season 5. It was like the writers forgot that they couldn't just bring the character back, they also had to write for the character.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              But she came back nonetheless. Besides clone!Beckett wasn't our Beckett either in a way.
              If you look at it that way...yes...
              sigpic

Comment

I did nearly cry during the episode "Sunday" - definitely wasn't expecting it - and then they brought back clone Beckett, who, as the above posters pointed out, wasn't really our Beckett either. I was kind of upset about him coming back, actually, as it felt like a cheap cop-out (then again, I usually feel like it's a cheap cop-out when a dead character is suddenly not dead). it kind of destroyed the poignancy of his death.
                The Tao of Rodney was also beautiful, I was nearly crying at the end when he was "dying" and all his friends were standing around him, because, well, if someone had to go I can't imagine a better way than with your friends standing there saying "we love you," and also because there was something so beautiful in him wanting to spend his last days doing what he lived his life for - knowledge and intelligence and answers and discovery.
                The Return was pretty sad at the beginning (stupid Ancients kicking them out) and Grace Under Pressure and The Shrine (there's a trend here of me nearly crying when Rodney is involved).
                Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

"My mind rebels at stagnation." - Sherlock Holmes

My Blog: Monitoring Broadcast Signals

Comment

I bawled my eyes out during Sunday. Literally couldn't stop.
                  The Shrine made me choke up as well. To see Rodney like that... David Hewlett was amazing in that episode.

Grace Under Pressure didn't make me tear up or anything, but it definitely hurt me to see Rodney like that, so desperately trying to rely on his intelligence to survive, wondering if he was going insane or not...

Comment

To me, the saddest are these two episodes:

( SGA )

- 4x2
                    - 3x17

Comment

Ghost In the Machine for me
                      sigpic

Comment

Vegas. The poor wraith was home sick and all alone. Ohhh, I wanted to rescue him.
                        sigpic

Comment

I would have shot him. He probably would have killed me otherwise
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I think Sunday... but I also felt sad for Sheppard when he was trapped alone... to go looking for someone you care about and then end up alone... not knowing when or even IF you could get back home to rescue the person you care about... also hearing a hologram telling you that you died and everyone you cared about died and stuff - would be heartbreaking...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Sunday, Lifeline, Ghost in the Machine, This Mortal Coil
                              sigpic
                              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Hmmm, did I post this already? Probably did. Oh well.

Ghost in the Machine.

Comment

Working...
                                X