No announcement yet.

The most sad episode of SGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different tastes, different experiences, don't know *shrugs*. I have several movies, show-episodes and books I cannot watch/read without begin to cry like a baby, sometimes (like in "The Shrine") I know why, sometimes not.

Oh my, the beer on the pier! It's such an awesome scene!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
      The Shrine and also Before I sleep. They both were bittersweet, with great character moments. Both had happy endings but still, there were really sad moments in both of them.
      Forgot about Before I Sleep.. man was that sad.. to see the original time line and all our heroes dying off, while mccay valiantly fights till the bitter end to try and save everyone...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Forgot about Before I Sleep.. man was that sad.. to see the original time line and all our heroes dying off, while mccay valiantly fights till the bitter end to try and save everyone...
        Yes, and then alternate Elizabeth giving up her life in order to help the current expedition. She could have gone back with the Ancients to Earth, but instead stayed to give the next expedition a better chance. It was a precursor of things to come... Elizabeth giving up her life to save the expedition... over and over and over. That all brings me back to Ghost in the Machine where she gives up her life for the last time. Since she's my favorite character, it makes me sob every time.

Comment

The shrine and Vegas makes me cringe, not cry. *shudders* Another McKay is dying episode, been there done that. Did anyone really think he was gonna die? And Vegas wasn't even our characters. And half of the team was missing anyway.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            The shrine and Vegas makes me cringe, not cry. *shudders* Another McKay is dying episode, been there done that. Did anyone really think he was gonna die? And Vegas wasn't even our characters. And half of the team was missing anyway.
            Sigh
            What we BELIEVE will happen is immaterial, we all know well the "plot immunity" armor clause. The ep succeeds if it drew you into the story. If Vegas and the Shrine failed to do that for you, cool. Vegas Sorta failed for me because I just found it on the whole, well, boring. It had FANTASTIC elements, many of which I feel were wasted. The shrine suffered from almost the opposite, Excellent premise, but very sub-standard follow up. SGA suffered from this alot unfortunately
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I loved The Shrine, but as everything in S5, it felt rushed. David was amazing, so was Joe but it had a potential for a longer story, for two, three episodes. With McKay slowly forgetting things but not focusing on his story all the time - it would be a B-story, maybe even a C-story, in two, three episodes and then they could deal with it. And I loved, *loved* McKay, he was my favourite but it would make the end of SGA much more interesting with him dying...they damaged his character anyway, with the writers thinking about his pairing with Keller more as a joke than a serious story.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Sigh
                What we BELIEVE will happen is immaterial, we all know well the "plot immunity" armor clause. The ep succeeds if it drew you into the story. If Vegas and the Shrine failed to do that for you, cool. Vegas Sorta failed for me because I just found it on the whole, well, boring. It had FANTASTIC elements, many of which I feel were wasted. The shrine suffered from almost the opposite, Excellent premise, but very sub-standard follow up. SGA suffered from this alot unfortunately
                There were too many bad things in The Shrine that to me it was doomed from the start. And Vegas was just bad, period. Which is probably why those eps never grabbed me emotionally or otherwise. Almost all of season 5 was like that.

That should b their moto, "good premise, poor execution".
                sigpic

Comment

Sunday was the saddest and best episode for me.

For one the character interplay felt honest. It only began to suck once Rodney became himself again and wouldn't stop freaking out at everyone.

His attitude was the hardest thing to swallow thoughout the entire series. It made it hard for me to watch.

Comment

Sunday. (well until they started up with bagpipes...I mean seriously! Oh look we've killed a Scottish character, let's whip out the pipes and give em a (very poor) blast. Grrrr

I was over the Shrine, I saw and enjoyed that story in Season's three the Tao of Rodney, I didn't need to see it again, it sort of reduced the impact.

Comment

I think "Sunday" and "Before I Sleep". Carson was a great character.
                      sigpic

Comment

I would say...SG1 when Daniel died and also Heroes. SGA...I don't think I was moved that much. In SGU...I actually found the finale moving.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
                          I was over the Shrine, I saw and enjoyed that story in Season's three the Tao of Rodney, I didn't need to see it again, it sort of reduced the impact.
                          I agree that the 2 eps did have some pretty easy to pick similarities, yet I found Tao to be more about Rodney finding some form of self awareness and "peace" with himself. The Shrine was more about him totally loosing his core identity.
                          Different strokes for different folks
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Sunday, definitely, when Beckett was killed in the explosion.

Comment

... Sunday... It hammers home the message that you should appreciate the people you care about because you never know when they won't be there anymore...

but there are others ones that were sad to a point:
                              Outcast, Vegas, The Last Man, Miller Crossing, The Kindred Part One...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

last man?
                                sigpic
                                Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Working...
                                X