No announcement yet.

The most sad episode of SGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might also add in the ep where mccay was going all bat **** crazy due to that bug in his head..

Comment

The Shrine.

Without a doubt.

Personally, I don't get what's so sad about 'Vegas'.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

The Shrine and also Before I sleep. They both were bittersweet, with great character moments. Both had happy endings but still, there were really sad moments in both of them.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
          Personally, I don't get what's so sad about 'Vegas'.
          the song solitary man playing at the scene when John dies
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

I actually found Vegas to be pretty uplifting to a degree.
            When presented with a choice he could affect, Shep, AU version or not STILL chose to "do the right thing", even at the cost of his own life. He got the "hero" moment that was constantly dodged in most of SGA. (insofar as having to PAY for it)

I think one of the "saddest" eps of SGA was "The Shrine", not so much in content (it got blown 9 ways from hell to a degree), but to see the degredation of a man who's only percieved strength was his mind, and to see him cling to the only person he see's a a "friend" while losing that showed a *potential* depth of character that was quite suprising in many ways for SGA.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
              the song solitary man playing at the scene when John dies
              So in one reality out of all of them, John didn't survive one of his infamous suicide runs.

I'm afraid I can't see it myself - I found Beckett's funeral far more touching, despite his daft death.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

I think one of the "saddest" eps of SGA was "The Shrine", not so much in content (it got blown 9 ways from hell to a degree), but to see the degredation of a man who's only percieved strength was his mind, and to see him cling to the only person he see's a a "friend" while losing that showed a *potential* depth of character that was quite suprising in many ways for SGA.
                This and Sunday.... OP only talked about SGA so....
                sigpic

Comment

I was sad watching "Sunday", but I lost it watching Sheppard at Carson's memorial. His eyes........*sniff*

Probably "The Shrine" too. Although they broke the drama up with the "beer on the pier" scene.

The scene in "Outcast" where Sheppard is standing next to his father's coffin.....that made me sad. Anyone who's been through that can relate.

IHS
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't think there were really any sad eps in SGA. Heroes part 2 from SG1 is the saddest episode in the franchise.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      I don't think there were really any sad eps in SGA. Heroes part 2 from SG1 is the saddest episode in the franchise.
                      I kinda have to agree with that.

Of all the episodes of SG1 and SGA, I have seen Heroes just one time when it aired and never again. It was heartbraking good.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

All I can say is that I never cried while watching any of the other SG eps, but after seeing Vegas I was bawling my eyes out and then randomly for the next few days I'd start crying every time I thought of the ep. I think the desolation of it all got to me big time.
                        sigpic

Comment

I cried in Vegas too but I don't think it counts as I was crying in not using Ronon and Teyla again
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                            I'm afraid I can't see it myself - I found Beckett's funeral far more touching, despite his daft death.
                            same with me that was the saddest scene but i was also saddened by Johns death
                            sigpic
                            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

SG1 I'm with the most here "Heroes II" was heartbreaking *sniff*.

For SGA ...
                              Sunday, Doppelganger (I think I'm with Falcon Horus here ), Ghost in the Machine, The Shrine.
                              Especially The Shrine is one episode for me that I can barely stand without a box of tissues. DH was brilliant in his role and his acting here reminds me always on my Mom, who had dementia at the end of her life, as my Dad had Alzheimer (funny gene pool, huh?).
                              As much as I will subscribe that "Vegas" is the best episode all over the franchise and I can understand why some are crying at the end I never saw that Shep died, he was pretty close, true, but (maybe the fanfic-writer in me ) for me he made it somehow.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                              Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic
                              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

While The Shrine is one of my favorite episodes (minus a few seconds there at the end), I would never consider it sad. It was dramatic and well done, but I guess I just don't see it as a sad episode. It was more uplifting in that we got to see how the team and Rodney's sister cared for him. Plus The Beer on The Pier scene, it just makes me smile. Not cry.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X