Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First info on Atlantis's 'Runner' (Spoilers Inside)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Llien'o Kcaj
    Is it just me or is the whole idea of the hunt a bit to much like startrek voyager. The Hirogen did the same thing
    Oh, and of course Voyager invented the concept of aliens hunting humans. Actually, Voyager got that idea from Predator (and I'm not sure if Predator got that idea from elsewhere or originated it themselves, but I guess we'll stick to Predator as the root), and also incorporated it into a drawn-out subplot involving holograms being the replacement prey and then becoming sentient and rebelling and all that nonsense which was trademark of Voyager. In this case, however, it appears the whole "hunting" thing will probably only be somewhat touched on in this one episode as a way of setting up backstory for the guy; if it continues, they'd be pursuing him to Atlantis, but the Wraith already have their beef w/ that place anyway.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Things are looking bad for poor Lieutenant Ford. I was just starting to like him "Dude Fungus?". Hopefully he will get some development, and then they will find a way to cure him so he can come back to the team. Lets hope TPTB won't just drop him like they did Jonas .Oh Yeah and Lieutenant Colonel Sheppard!
      Last edited by Angelique; 12 January 2005, 11:06 PM.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Hi campers!
        Ronan Dex should be renamed, because it is very similar to an Andromeda character (I don't remember correctly, he was in the first season's pilot).

It's maybe a crazy idea, but I think this Ronan (or Runan ) should be replaced with Aris Boch. His character was great in the 3x07 and I think it would be a great cross-over. We haven't seen him since 5 years, so maybe he escaped from the Goa'uld to Pegasus somehow.

I wrote from Hungary, so sorry for my mistakes!
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'm... nervously optimistic.

I admit to having a certain level of affection for young Ford... Not, perhaps, the fangirly love I have for John, Liz and Rodney, though I have been getting insanely worked up over every Ford moment that sees him ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING other than prettying up the background... This being entirely off the actual topic.

Suffice to say that I like Ford, a lot, and I've always thought that if the writers paid more attention he'd end out being a really great character. And now they're actually giving him that attention, and that's exciting, but it looks at the moment as though he's going to be written out of the team in the process which isn't exactly what I had in mind.

However, as Manic pointed out, this new direction for Ford also signals a kind of progression in the series that we didn't see for years in SG-1, and I think that's, well, pretty exciting really. It'll most definitely be interesting to watch.

That being said... *clings to Ford*

I had this sort of prophetic moment before. I went downstairs to grab some dinner, and the TV was showing some car commercial and it was boasting all these FORDS that were REDUCED... in price, yes, but they just kept on repeating that damned word: REDUCED! REDUCED! REDUCED! Gyahhh. Way to twist the knife.

That... didn't have a lot to do with anything, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique
            Things are looking bad for poor Lieutenant Ford. I was just starting to like him "Dude Fungus?". Hopefully he will get some development, and then they will find a way to cure him so he can come back to the team. Lets hope TPTB won't just drop him like they did Jonas .Oh Yeah and Lieutenant Colonel Sheppard!
            HAHAH!!!!!!!!1 "Dude Fungus"! Sorry, had to laugh at that after seeing what you're talking about. That was so good.

Hopefully he'll be around for season 2 and beyond. Right now we're all working on incomplete draft information that fans get ahold of and we don't have the full picture yet. Only the writers/producers do, but... the writers SHOULD have done some development in season 1. Alas, though, I did totally enjoy what they did with Shep & McKay. So I wouldn't want to detract from their snarky banter at all.

Comment

@Wraith Game
              I agree with Calicto - doesn't sound like something the Wraith would do - you don't play with your food and if you can't eat it, then kill it - on the other hand, someone said they might to it for training - that would be possible though - but 7 years...I don't know

@Ford
              Up to now I liked everything they said they'd do with season 2 or at least didn't dislike it - if they remove Ford and bring in another alien - I wouldn't like that - and we already have Teyla as an alien from Pegasus galaxy...

@changes
              I agree with Maniac as far as that it isn't a bad thing to have too many changes - which seems to happen to Atlantis right now...SG-1 with BB + new general + Vala in 5 episodes already seems to be too much for me - but as I prefer Atlantis at the moment I don't want them to change the mix - cos I like the mix they have right now
              On the other hand, Star Trek did manage to have more than 4 regulars - but SG-teams consist of 4 people (apart from SG-1, obviously... ) - so why bring in a fifth member? I like Ford - I don't want another alien if he's going to steal Ford's place....
              The new military guy sounds interesting - nevertheless I hope he doesn't replace Weir...
              Well, we can't do anything anyway so we can just wait and see...

Comment

woo! the first spoilers for the all new season! i didn't even notice a season two section until a few minutes ago. weird. from what it says, the episode sounds somewhat interesting, but whatever. ok, you can go back to talking about whatever it was you were talking about now.
                ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by elvital
                  @Wraith Game
                  I agree with Calicto - doesn't sound like something the Wraith would do - you don't play with your food and if you can't eat it, then kill it - on the other hand, someone said they might to it for training - that would be possible though - but 7 years...I don't know

@Ford
                  Up to now I liked everything they said they'd do with season 2 or at least didn't dislike it - if they remove Ford and bring in another alien - I wouldn't like that - and we already have Teyla as an alien from Pegasus galaxy...

@changes
                  I agree with Maniac as far as that it isn't a bad thing to have too many changes - which seems to happen to Atlantis right now...SG-1 with BB + new general + Vala in 5 episodes already seems to be too much for me - but as I prefer Atlantis at the moment I don't want them to change the mix - cos I like the mix they have right now
                  On the other hand, Star Trek did manage to have more than 4 regulars - but SG-teams consist of 4 people (apart from SG-1, obviously... ) - so why bring in a fifth member? I like Ford - I don't want another alien if he's going to steal Ford's place....
                  The new military guy sounds interesting - nevertheless I hope he doesn't replace Weir...
                  Well, we can't do anything anyway so we can just wait and see...

Actually I could totally see the wraith making a hunting game out of their food...they seem like a race that would use us as sport..entertainment..not just food. There is alot more to them than simple "we hungry. we eat"
                  It feels good to be alive.
                  Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

@Wraith Game
                    Why wouldn't they make a sport of their food? We do! That's essentially what one form of the "if you can't eat it, kill it" philosophy is, hunting for sport (as the Wraith are doing here, possibly because they're a race that seeks ways of having "fun" at times too), and there are some groups of humans that are very much against that philsophy. So, if the Wraith are sentient, it makes sense that some group/sub-culture of them would "play" w/ their food, and it's only animals who have an uncertain food supply (the food supplies of humans and even the Wraith are definitely not uncertain) that don't make games out of their hunting and do it purely to eat.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

@Wraith Game
                      Children play with their food before their parents tell them eat it. Big Kids also play with their food. They have Food Fights!!!!

Comment

The major complaint about the Wraith is that they had no personality - nothing we can identify with that would make them truly horrible.

"Playing with their food" is a way to give "oomph" to their evilness.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                          I just find it odd that Sheppard gets promoted quite early on - I mean Major Carter was a Major for five seasons and did loads in the protection of Earth, while Sheppard has had a bad record in the Air Force but redeems himself with his work on the Atlantis experdition but gets promoted more faster than Carter did.
                          He has one bad mark, ONE; and I think it was actually long enough ago in his career that it didn't stop him from becoming a major. If you have too bad a record that they're not going to promote you, then that's indicative that you've done something bad enough that they're actually going to discharge you; so the fact that he's still in the military is enough to show that what he did wasn't that bad and he's still capable of being promoted. Besides, O'Neill has a few bad marks himself and made it to general.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            The major complaint about the Wraith is that they had no personality - nothing we can identify with that would make them truly horrible.

"Playing with their food" is a way to give "oomph" to their evilness.
                            That's the only explanation I can imagine
                            So far I thought the Wraith were just an efficient race - for example the Wraith Queen said that every race has to eat - considering almost everything they do, say if they go to a planet they just destroy everything in one rush and don't take their time to "enjoy" - for me this doesn't sound plausible...

@Sheppard's promotion
                            We don't know what he's gonna do in the season one finale / season 2 premiere but there's probably going to be a very good reason to promote him

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                              Some good points there RLX welcome to the forum I was thinking on the same lines I mean I did post that he maybe killed off but I truly believe that TPTB had this planned along time ago the only problem was they did not want to introduce this in first season that maybe the reason why ford hasn't had much development in the first season.
                              Yeah, perhaps the episode "Human Error" was supposed to lead into this, but then wound up getting scrapped 'til next year.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

@Sheppard's promotion
                                We don't know what he's gonna do in the season one finale / season 2 premiere but there's probably going to be a very good reason to promote him
                                There's already a few very good reasons to promote him.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Working...
                                X