Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First info on Atlantis's 'Runner' (Spoilers Inside)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure hope that they don't get rid of Ford. It's almost like they are trying to shake up the worlds of Stargate. I guess I will have to wait and see. But hopefully they don't kill off Ayden. Maybe they will have a 5 person team instead.
    Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Can't wait for this episode, It sounds really great.
      It feels good to be alive.
      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I really dont think they will kill of Ford it just seems that the people in charge of SGA want to give the show an element of suspense and uncertentiy, i mean watching a show and knowing that the main characters will be alright every single time would get pretty boring after a while. Also they may want to take Fords character in a new direction in season two and the rest to come. Guess we'll just have to wait till the Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1
          I sure hope that they don't get rid of Ford. It's almost like they are trying to shake up the worlds of Stargate. I guess I will have to wait and see. But hopefully they don't kill off Ayden. Maybe they will have a 5 person team instead.
          Well JM said there will be change in team dynamic
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith-Commander001
            I really dont think they will kill of Ford it just seems that the people in charge of SGA want to give the show an element of suspense and uncertentiy, i mean watching a show and knowing that the main characters will be alright every single time would get pretty boring after a while. Also they may want to take Fords character in a new direction in season two and the rest to come. Guess we'll just have to wait till the Summer.

I completely agree.

Comment

Um. I dont like it at all.

Season 1 seems awesome. This Season 2 from this episode is already driving me crazy.

The Wraith game seems okay. It doesnt really seem Wraith-esh. The Wraith are survival, instinctual creatures. They shouldnt even have access to feelings like "Pride" because it hurts the race. The game seems okay though and hopefully, we see "Steve-like" Wraith nobles hunting Lex, not just soldiers.

The Supersoldier thing sounds really stupid. It'll add this stupid plot to the show because makes it seem that the show is running out of ideas and forced to relay on stupid plots like 'supersoldier'. It's cliched and I dont like it. But my opinion doesnt count.

This Dex character seems interesting. But the Wraith game seems faulted and nothing like the COOL Wraith we've seen today.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                The Supersoldier thing sounds really stupid. It'll add this stupid plot to the show because makes it seem that the show is running out of ideas and forced to relay on stupid plots like 'supersoldier'. It's cliched and I dont like it.
                Especially since we have the Kull Warriors on SG-1.
                A textbook example of bad writing.
                sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

The zombifying engine was Ancient technology... Maybe there is a link between SuperFord and KullWarriors (and maybe there is a link between Stargate Atlantis and Stargate SG-1 ROFL).
                  GOA'ULD: Who are you?
                  WRAITH: I am your death!
                  GOA'ULD: Don't believe so... I am your God!
                  WRAITH: What is a god? Is it eatable?
                  GOA'ULD: O_o

Comment

I agree with that, but I have to assume that the spoilers are not acurately portraying what it will end up being like.
                    Rocky

Comment

I agree with rocket we need to learn more about rest of the episodes in season 2 before we jump the gun.
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

The suspence is killing me already.....can't wait to see what happens.

Comment

We can deduce ONE thing: there will be great events in the season 2 openers.
                          Stargate definitely adopted the "2 part closer - 2 part opener" season system.
                          GOA'ULD: Who are you?
                          WRAITH: I am your death!
                          GOA'ULD: Don't believe so... I am your God!
                          WRAITH: What is a god? Is it eatable?
                          GOA'ULD: O_o

Comment

In the Stargate Universe anything is possible. I almsot don't want to know more than I do. Like that is going to happen.....to curious. I must admit it does sound a little odd that Ford will get some supiour strength. Don't know if I like that but we don't really know how or why this is happening. Maybe RF doesn't want to be on the show anymore. Or maybe TPTB don't want him on the show anymore. Or maybe they are adding some weird dynamic to the show to make us more intreged in the show. We will have to wait and see.

Comment

John Sheppard has been promoted to Lieutenant Colonel since the Wraith attack on Atlantis
                              Already?
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Initially, I was angry. We've barely gotten to know Ford, and it looks like they're writing his character out of the regular cast. How screwed up is that?

But on the OTHER hand...
                                We've been begging for a Ford-centric episode this whole time. This is exactly what we wanted; an episode all about Ford.

Plus they're doing something we don't see very often on TV shows like this. They're shaking up the line-up of characters. They're showing us that, early on, something drastic could happen to one of the main characters that will completely change the team's dynamic. It took SG-1 5 years before they were willing to kill Daniel (for more than 5 minutes at a time, that is), and 7 years before the command of the SGC was taken from General Hammond.

2 seasons into Atlantis, and we're already seeing the chain of command change, a main character might get taken away from the team, and they're already introducing another alien to the fold. If they're making all of these changes during the 2nd season, there's no way we can predict what's in store for seasons 3, 4, and maybe even 5. 5 years into SG-1, and the cast looked exactly the same (give or take some haircuts on Amanda and Michael's parts). If Atlantis gives us something new every year, then it has the potential to keep getting better.

It also has the potential to get worse and worse, but we shall have to cross that bridge when we reach it.
                                It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Working...
                                X