Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First info on Atlantis's 'Runner' (Spoilers Inside)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or is the whole idea of the hunt a bit to much like startrek voyager. The Hirogen did the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
      Does anyone know if this new Colonel is Air Force or Marines?

And who know he may be an old friend of Sheppard's.
      There is no information on that yet so we simply don't know.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Llien'o Kcaj
        Is it just me or is the whole idea of the hunt a bit to much like startrek voyager. The Hirogen did the same thing
        That's true but wraith are species who like to hunt there prey so it's natural for them to do this but it does have some resemblance to voyager.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

The Wraith get bored, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Llien'o Kcaj
            Sounds more like "Predator" to me. Who gets to play Arnold's role?

I'm hoping they don't dump Ford as well. I don't think Rainbow had much of a chance to show any talent in year 1. A total revamp of the character is needed anyway - might be an interesting way to do it. Although with all the new characters they are bringing in, Ford may be reduced to a recurring role. We'll just have to wait and see!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Some details about this episode not posted here at gateworld can be found here:

http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/forums/...?showtopic=565

The page contains MAJOR spoilers including details from the final act and last moments of the episode.
              Last edited by Spacen; 12 January 2005, 08:14 AM.

Stargate Atlantis

Comment

Hmmm still recon it sounds like ST:V

Comment

From what was posted at pegasusgalaxy.com it sounds like Ford's going to just be a recurring character from now in,
                  Spoiler:
                  the way he "jumps into the transporter beam."
                  Or maybe not, maybe they'll get him back next episode and he'll be back on the team. I really hope so.
                  Last edited by Darren; 12 January 2005, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Orpheus
                    From what was posted at pegasusgalaxy.com it sounds like Ford's going to just be a recurring character from now in, the way he "jumps into the transporter beam." Or maybe not, maybe they'll get him back next episode and he'll be back on the team. I really hope so.
                    Yes, the spoilers are everywhere already, but Pegasus has the most concise listing.

It would be sad if Ford is gone - not dead, but gone - and they bring in the new guy. My hope is that Weir is still overall in control of the whole schebang, otherwise that new colonel could just make the whole thing military.

However, not sure where the two-part info is from.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                      That's true but wraith are species who like to hunt there prey so it's natural for them to do this but it does have some resemblance to voyager.
                      can someone elaborate on what this resemblance to Voyager is all about? i watched the show, but can barely remember a thing about it (not a good sign, I'm sure!)

Comment

Be warned that the spoilers at PegasusGalaxy (friends of ours!) go all the way to the end of the episode and blow a couple of final-act (and final moment) spoilers.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                          can someone elaborate on what this resemblance to Voyager is all about? i watched the show, but can barely remember a thing about it (not a good sign, I'm sure!)
                          Both species like to hunt there prey before eating them.

Try this link it may give you more of an idea about the Hirogens of ST: Voyager
                          http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...le/101982.html

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                            Both species like to hunt there prey before eating them.

Try this link it may give you more of an idea about the Hirogens of ST: Voyager
                            http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...le/101982.html
                            Oh, you mean like a CAT. Why didn't you say so before?

I guess the Wraith would get bored, but it would bea small amount - the keepers, like the Marilyn Manson lady in "Rising." The rest are all sleeping.

Comment

SPOILER For Brotherhood
                              I just thought of the episode 'The Brotherhood'. Ford got hit with a tranquilizer and the genii dude said he'd be out for hours or something like that. After that he immediately woke up. Could this mean he somehow already contracted this 'enzyme' causing him to not be affected by the tranquilizer slowly chaning into superford? Maybe I missed something but I thought that was weird.

Comment

Originally posted by RLX
                                SPOILER For Brotherhood
                                I just thought of the episode 'The Brotherhood'. Ford got hit with a tranquilizer and the genii dude said he'd be out for hours or something like that. After that he immediately woke up. Could this mean he somehow already contracted this 'enzyme' causing him to not be affected by the tranquilizer slowly chaning into superford? Maybe I missed something but I thought that was weird.
                                Indeed, that does sound odd.
                                But to be honest, I won't miss Ford if he is reduced to a guest role.
                                I never liked the guy....and it might prove a nice moral dillemma for Sheppard.
                                Should or shouldn't he kill Ford ?
                                sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Working...
                                X