Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First info on Atlantis's 'Runner' (Spoilers Inside)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'c
    Erm, maybe the Wraith, since he depends on them for an enzyme?

Here's where the info came from BTW: http://www.showfax.com/role_selectio...=1&t=1&p=76897

You have to be a member before you get the info but I'm sure gateworld has more the one source to confirm the info.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
      Interesting info on the new episode I did not accept it to appear this early. It has been mentioned by few members on the forum about the character of “Ronon Dex” which has finally been confirmed. It’s good to see they are bringing in new recurring characters and also good to learn more about the wraith behaviour in process.

As for Sheppard's promotion that was a bit of surprise I mean he is the rebel in USAF never does what he is ordered to do. But I can understand why he has got it I mean the guy took command when Summer had his life sucked out of him by the wraith keeper and did a great job. He managed to kick wraith’s ass on more then one occasion.

As for poor Ford an interesting plot twist the big question is whether he is going to leave and come back or get killed off. This is pure speculation on my part but I think he will become human/wraith hybrid and be Atlantis version of Teal’c. .
      The Ronan Dex spoilers that came out a while ago come from the same sources no doubt as the spoielrs that GW posts - studio stuff that slips out to fans

Its' hard to say what will happen to Ford, but since at last count all the actors had signed up for season two, I wouldn't think they'd kill him off, but this episode does sound like he gets something to do besides stand around in the background.

As for Caldwell, he seems to be recurring character who hopefully will vanish as otherwise I suspect he'l just stand around and give Sheppard grief, and sooner or later Shep will get demoted back to Major for speaking his mind

I just hope that Earth's influence on this show will be minimal; part of the allure of SGA is that the people are out there on their own, not htat they can run back to the base and say "Hey, we need more MREs..."

Comment

You have to be a member before you get the info but I'm sure gateworld has more the one source to confirm the info.
        Confirm? Showfax sell sides to actors to audition for the show, it's pages from the script!

Comment

I'm assuming it's the new military guy on Atlantis who promotes Sheppard. I wonder how Sheppard takes to not being in charge, and reporting to someone. And if I remember correctly, isn't this new military guy a friend of Sumner's?
          sigpic
          Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
            I'm assuming it's the new military guy on Atlantis who promotes Sheppard. I wonder how Sheppard takes to not being in charge, and reporting to someone. And if I remember correctly, isn't this new military guy a friend of Sumner's?
            I think he will get promoted by General Hommand

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Hey everyone,

This is my first post ever here but i've been reading with you guys for about a year now and I think it's time I got in the mix.

Here's my theory on the whole ford -> supersoldier idea.
              First of all I'm practically convinced they won't kill him off because it wouldn't make any sense to do that in the beginning of a season.

The similarities with teal'c are pretty obvious I think :

Teal'c can sense the presence of a goa'uld, maybe after his change ford can too. Teal'c depends/depended on his tritonin/symbiote to survive. Teal'c is stronger and faster (not sure about being faster but it would make sense) than a normal human. Teal'c heals faster than a human because of his symbiote/usage of tritonin (although by using tritotin it's never been made clear as to wether it allows you to heal faster). Ford could gain healing powers also.

In a bunch, I think it's pretty obvious they want someone on the team similair to teal'c. This new guy who's gonna be joining I think may be an attempt to get the O'neill factor in there. O'neill's got a black ops secrety-secrety past wich could translate into his witty-I'm stupid-but actually real smart attitude, and this new guy's supposably been running from wraith for about 7 years so... see where I'm going?

Anyway, those are my thoughts so far. I got some more but this'll do for now I guess.

Tell me what you think you guys

Comment

Some good points there RLX welcome to the forum I was thinking on the same lines I mean I did post that he maybe killed off but I truly believe that TPTB had this planned along time ago the only problem was they did not want to introduce this in first season that maybe the reason why ford hasn't had much development in the first season.

Comment

Exactly, otherwise it would've been like, hey guys! here's Teal'c 2.0, enjoy!

Comment

The new Colonel listed in the report for "Runner" is a different Colonel to the one in "The Siege", so we haven't heard anything about the new Colonel.

I think it is the Colonel in "The Siege" who is a friend of Sumner.

Comment

No, that's Colonel Everett, from "The Siege". Unless they've changed the character's name and haven't told anyone, this is a different guy.
                      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                      Last update: 14 April 2006
                      Melyanna's Multimedia
                      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                        Confirm? Showfax sell sides to actors to audition for the show, it's pages from the script!
                        Probably get a red dot for this, but yes, Showfax is pretty much a high authority. What they post comes directly from the studio. Period. However, the writers retain the right to change it as much as they want or abandon sides as they see fit if they change the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                          As for Caldwell, he seems to be recurring character who hopefully will vanish as otherwise I suspect he'l just stand around and give Sheppard grief, and sooner or later Shep will get demoted back to Major for speaking his mind
                          That would be good, means i wouldn't have to change my sig!

Comment

If they kill off Ford I'm gonna kill someone

Comment

I think he will get promoted by General Hommand
                              I agree. I can't see that guest colonel doing it; here's a good site on promotion in the Air Force.

About.com

Meanwhile, for officer promotions...

About.com - comission

But considering that Sheppard is basically in charge (one hopes) of the military side of Atlantis, I'd think that the decision would be made on Earth.

By Hammond (another guest, one would hope, but I wouldn't hold my breath).

Comment

Does anyone know if this new Colonel is Air Force or Marines?

And who know he may be an old friend of Sheppard's.

Comment

Working...
                                X