Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, I really want to try Haggis. What can I say, I like anything containing organs. Just yesterday, we had chicken hearts, liver and lungs. Hmm...It was really good! I also love black pudding, the sweeter kind. And escargot! I love Escargot! My great-aunt makes them soooo yummy! And raw eggs are good too, with a bit of salt. Dunk a piece of bread in it and enjoy!

I wanted to say, "HEY! DON'T TOUCH CARSON! if anyone is going to Atlantis to play love interest it'll be ME! I'll be more than glad to provide anyone intersted with visual souvenirs."
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
      Well that's okay, as long as you're prepared to take the risk. You should get on okay, considering what you're written on Shadow's thread...

Bring back pictures will you, if you're still alive. Perhaps you could tragically leave, through the Stargate, there would be tears, but you would know you'd fulfilled your mission, your ruckie would be full of pictures of Carson sans shirt (and shorts if you really wanted to go that far), and you would arrive back on a hero amongst Carson's hussies...

Do you think Wormholes wipe camera film?
      EEK!!

:::cracking up as she reads through this thread:::

Ah another priceless gem of a thread I missed!! Hey, I dont think wormholes wipe CAMERA (thinks SPLOOSH and yells CAMERA with an outrageous scottish accent) film, but I tookee a digi just incase, see results below!!

http://paulmcgillion.tjuk.net/pages/...y/scr_cap3.htm

:::giggling...and wondering if shes gonna get in trouble again:::

As to haggis, huumm well its nice if ya dont think about what its made of, but I'm with the folk who wonna eat the rest of the sheep first...uuuuuummmm leg of lamb and my mum's onion sauce :::drrrooollll:::: Same goes for black pudding, which is yummy with a full breaky. Now Irn Bru that stuff I'm addicted too!

Oh and that haggis story, my godmother's son (whose from aberdeenshire) convinced me for years when I was a wee nipper (like 8) that haggis were wee creatures running around the highlands, evil man!

TJ

P.s. Paul's got quite a list of 'fan' associations now, Carson's Hussies, The Paul Appreciation Society, Beckett's B****es, Becketteers, McGillionaires...a half a dozen or so fan listings and yahoo groups. Doing rather well for a recurring/guest character now isn't he? Paul fever is spreading
      Last edited by TJuk; 28 November 2004, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk
        EEK!!

Ah another priceless gem of a thread I missed!! Hey, I dont think wormholes wipe CAMERA (thinks SPLOOSH and yells CAMERA with an outrageous scottish accent) film, but I tookee a digi just incase, see results below!!

As to haggis, huumm well its nice if ya dont think about what its made of, but I'm with the folk who wonna eat the rest of the sheep first...uuuuuummmm leg of lamb and my mum's onion sauce :::drrrooollll:::: Same goes for black pudding, which is yummy with a full breaky. Now Irn Bru that stuff I'm addicted too!

Oh and that haggis story, my godmother's son (whose from aberdeenshire) convinced me for years when I was a wee nipper (like 8) that haggis were wee creatures running around the highlands, evil man!

TJ

P.s. Paul's got quite a list of 'fan' associations now, Carson's Hussies, The Paul Appreciation Society, Beckett's B****es, Becketteers, McGillionaires...a half a dozen or so fan listings and yahoo groups. Doing rather well for a recurring/guest character now isn't he? Paul fever is spreading
        Well that haggis story gets a lot of people.

Nice pic. Came out well. Must be some time distortion when a camera travels through a wormhole, however, because he looks younger in that picture...

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
          You know, I really want to try Haggis. What can I say, I like anything containing organs. Just yesterday, we had chicken hearts, liver and lungs. Hmm...It was really good! I also love black pudding, the sweeter kind. And escargot! I love Escargot! My great-aunt makes them soooo yummy! And raw eggs are good too, with a bit of salt. Dunk a piece of bread in it and enjoy!

I wanted to say, "HEY! DON'T TOUCH CARSON! if anyone is going to Atlantis to play love interest it'll be ME! I'll be more than glad to provide anyone intersted with visual souvenirs."

Okay....

*backs away slowly*

Comment

Okay....

*backs away slowly*
            *whistles innocently then pounces on you muahahaaha*

Comment

Oh my! this haggis thread is MUCH funnier than the other one I read on another forum! I thought the thing in the pan looked more like a roast & not enough like an intestine, but I could be wrong.

As for haggis, I do like it, especially with neeps and tatties. Must be the Scottish grandpa's genes, right? Hail Clan Donnachaidh! Virtutis gloria merces!

Comment

Sorry Carson. . luv ya dearly, but I'd much prefer a nice, greasy cheeseburger.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Hmm...I just read the recipe for traditional haggis. Seems like it has more oats than meat. Does it taste more oaty or meaty? Is it better boiled for several hours or deep fried like I heard someone say?

Ok, I admit I'm posting because I want to know and because this thread is too funny to be allowed to disappear in the pit of forgotten threads

I'm sure Carson would back me up on this one

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                    Hmm...I just read the recipe for traditional haggis. Seems like it has more oats than meat. Does it taste more oaty or meaty? Is it better boiled for several hours or deep fried like I heard someone say?

Ok, I admit I'm posting because I want to know and because this thread is too funny to be allowed to disappear in the pit of forgotten threads

I'm sure Carson would back me up on this one
                    *Remembers far back in time when she ate haggis*

It's kind of spicy, a bit of both actually.. I think it's better boiled, the deep fried version is just the West of Scotland's tradition of taking something unhealthy and making it ... more unhealthy. Like deep fried mars bars.

I'm still wondering.. if that's Beckett's favourite meal, do you think he took a stack of them to Atlantis and has forced his colleagues to partake of it?

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk
                      EEK!!

TJ

Michelle's been kind of quiet on this thread... I wonder if she's on her mission as we speak...

Irn bru is evil... more evil than the Wraith in my opinion. I'm sure that when they find out more about the Wraith Irn Bru will be at the heart of it.

Comment

I like the boiled version. I tried deep fried in Glasgow once & didn't like it, but I don't really like anything deep fried. (Neither does my cholesterol level, LOL!)

The way I like to eat it is with neeps & taters (turnips & potatoes). Mix it all up & it is a spicy, meaty, yummy meal... as long as you don't think of the intestine-looking thing they traditionally make it in, that is! Of course, people eat hot dogs and the things they allow in hot dogs make my toes curl! I'll stick with haggis, thanks!

Comment

Well that's okay, as long as you're prepared to take the risk. You should get on okay, considering what you're written on Shadow's thread...
                          remind me..what did i write on Shadow's thread that means you'll think I'll survive the curse of Beckett?

Bring back pictures will you, if you're still alive. Perhaps you could tragically leave, through the Stargate, there would be tears, but you would know you'd fulfilled your mission, your ruckie would be full of pictures of Carson sans shirt (and shorts if you really wanted to go that far), and you would arrive back on a hero amongst Carson's hussies...

Do you think Wormholes wipe camera film?
                          Sans shirt, san shorts, san's everything. and a painful and tearful parting...only for me to return periodically to make sure he thinks of no-one else. maybe i can help Daniel break his curse...then return to Carson. With haggis.
                          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Michelle's been kind of quiet on this thread... I wonder if she's on her mission as we speak...

Irn bru is evil... more evil than the Wraith in my opinion. I'm sure that when they find out more about the Wraith Irn Bru will be at the heart of it.
                            I'm here, i'm back..I'd tell you where i've been, but you'd never believe it. i'll just say

OOOHHHHH, CARSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and leave it at that.

My dad used to drink gallons of Irn Bru. But then his mother was Scottish, and did secret things during the war.
                            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

When I first heard of Haggis, I thought . Now I not for sure, it sounds similiar to a Polish sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                                I'm here, i'm back..I'd tell you where i've been, but you'd never believe it. i'll just say

OOOHHHHH, CARSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and leave it at that.

My dad used to drink gallons of Irn Bru. But then his mother was Scottish, and did secret things during the war.
                                so? Did you bring back any pictures?

Comment

Working...
                                X