Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford is black ops so hes probally just as good with weapons as Dex. The only problem is that Ford was so poorly written in season 1 that we never saw anything like this. The new Ford is alot better and allows Rain to showcase his acting talent.

Comment

Why does it have to be a competition... I liked Ford, the sweet, loyal sidekick and I like Ford, the paranoid, pumped up version.
      I don't mind Dex... he has his pubescent moments but he has enough of an edge to distinguish him from Ford and from Teyla.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Just a quick question where did it say Ford was black ops?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
          That is basically how I feel. There have been some (confirmed?) rumors that Dex was brought on to replace Ford in order to create a character that's grittier, tougher, more likely to shoot and ask questions later, etc. etc. That's fine, but I don't see why they had to move over Ford and bring in someone new. Couldn't they have just kept Ford at Atlantis with his new wraithed, tough attitude? His wraith abilities could have also given his character an "alien" feeling that Dex adds.

I'm warming to Dex, but I'm just not really sure why we had to bring him in when Ford could have taken on the new role.

Well said toaster!....Ideally having Ford and Dex on Shep's team with Teyla and McKay would have been SGA nirvana!. The interaction of season I Ford with Dex would have been great television this season!. Unfortunetly there are just so many lines and story arcs they can follow episode to episode. Plus as we all know SGA does'nt have the biggest budget to pay all these characters to regulars every week.

And like said before, I do find like Ford's new character (even though we don't get enough of him). He really has shown his acting ability with the Wraithed version of Ford.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
            Why does it have to be a competition... I liked Ford, the sweet, loyal sidekick and I like Ford, the paranoid, pumped up version.
            I don't mind Dex... he has his pubescent moments but he has enough of an edge to distinguish him from Ford and from Teyla.

I did'nt make the thread to be a competition what so ever Easter Lily. I'm just glad that Dex turned out to be a good character and not someone that would have made losing Ford as regular alot harder than it is.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I like both of them, but the feeling of the team is certainly a lot different with Dex around. It made me happy that they didn't completely get rid of Ford's character with a meaningless death but instead made him into an interesting story-arc. "Lost Boys" should be good for him. One good thing about Dex is that he seems to be bringing out a lot of different qualities in the people around him that we weren't privileged to see in their interactions with Ford. Teyla is especially benefitting from having him around, and though I hate to see one character defined and shaped by their interactions with another, "Trinity" was a spectacular episode that allowed us to learn a lot about her. We wouldn't have gotten the same glimpses into her character without the addition of Dex. It's kind of a draw for me.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                I would have to pick Ronon Dex because I have always liked Jason Momoa as an actor and I think he is doing an awesome job on SGA. plus Dex has been a very interesting mystery to me since he first aired on the show. I can't wait to know more about him.

I have often wondered that question as well. why would anyone want to compare the two becuase they are clearly two totally different characters to me. there shouldn't be any competition. Dex was not brought in to "replace" Ford are they would have made him the same type of character as Ford but with a different name. Ronon is not a special ops from earth.

Dex was brought in to add depth and interest to the show. he was added to bring more action and a different feel/ look. It had nothing to do with Ford. I liked Ford a bit in Season 1 but I like him better in season 2 because his character seems more interesting to me now. he was boring before. IMO.

I wish they both could be on the show becuase as DIFFERENT characters that bring DIFFERENT things to the show it would be cool to see how they interact with eachother. But as we all know SGA doesn't have that kind of money to pay both for being regs. it sucks.
                Ronon Dex did not replace Ford. Ronon is an ADDITION to the team.. funny, that doesn't seem hard to understand to me.. guess I'm a McKay!

Comment

I prefer Dex, mainly because he's had more development in 9 episodes than Ford got in the whole of the first season.

I do like the new arc they've given Ford...he has more characterisation now...rather than being just this guy in the background...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                  "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                    I like both of them, but the feeling of the team is certainly a lot different with Dex around. It made me happy that they didn't completely get rid of Ford's character with a meaningless death but instead made him into an interesting story-arc. "Lost Boys" should be good for him. One good thing about Dex is that he seems to be bringing out a lot of different qualities in the people around him that we weren't privileged to see in their interactions with Ford. Teyla is especially benefitting from having him around, and though I hate to see one character defined and shaped by their interactions with another, "Trinity" was a spectacular episode that allowed us to learn a lot about her. We wouldn't have gotten the same glimpses into her character without the addition of Dex. It's kind of a draw for me.

Good point SnoggingPicard about Dex bringing out new and better qualities in Sheps team (SGA 1). Teyla does really seem to coming into her own in season II which I'm has something to do with Dex being in the show. Shep is funnier than ever and is becoming one of favorite charcaters in the whole SG genre. Trinity was fanatstic!....Look forward to seeing Ford is his new role again tonight!.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Dex pwns Ford hands down. Hes so call with so much history plus hes got the best gun ever !!!!
                      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

for me this isn't hard, even tho I liked ford I found the character quite bland and not really there for a reason. With Dex I feel he is a great addition, he's like teal'c but with attitude.

Comment

I like both characters, and both actors are great in their own right. However, Dex gives me heart palpatations! (Sorry, shallow moment ...)
                          Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                            for me this isn't hard, even tho I liked ford I found the character quite bland and not really there for a reason. With Dex I feel he is a great addition, he's like teal'c but with attitude.
                            Took the words right out of my mouth!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                              I do look forward to seeing him in Lost Boys and hope the character has grow a little even if it turns out to be in a Evil Wraith kind of way! In fact this might be a great way to make an on-going new enemy for Atlantis an ex-team member who not only knows about humans he is also gaining knowledge about the Wraith. He could be the next Mega Enemy of Atlantis, well he could!
                              i think that ford could be a leader of a rebel army at least a small one. with his strength and abilities he would easily recurit a lot of warriors from the pegasus galaxy who were tired of sitting around. in fact in Lost Boys it says ford is leading a team altered by the enzime so this could lead to some interesting inactions with this group. since he could help anyone gain his abilities he could have a powerful group of men to start takin out waith but cause of the enzime they could start to try and cut out thier own peice of the galaxy. this could be a good way to start a new threat to atlantis with ford, or at least stop the cycle with the waith all the time being the bad guys.

Comment

Originally posted by general ben
                                this could be a good way to start a new threat to atlantis with ford, or at least stop the cycle with the waith all the time being the bad guys.
                                Why does everyone think Ford is going to be a new enemy? He hasn't done anything at all against the Atlantis team! Whenever he has interacted with them, they are the ones that hurt him, not the other way around. Aiden has demonstated remarkable restraint in defending himself...the worst he's done is knock a guard out with a coffee mug.
                                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X