This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
    Ford just pisses me off and I hope they kill him off next episode.
    *is pretending you didn't say that*

But I respect the opinions and why you guys, who've justified yourselves, feel the way you do. *goes to her LJ comment, copies and then pastes here*

"I have sympathy for Ford on so many levels (vive les FORDies) but I happened to like the way the character was written for this episode. It was well done and had a lot of detail and thought into the interplay. Personally I think that the way he was acting, or possibly reacting, was how he'd been coping with everything.

Think about it:
    You've been "abandoned" (at least in your mind) by your own people. You have no way home that you can easily get to nor do you wholly trust everyone you once did. But at the same time you DO want to go back to all of what you once knew and be with your friends and family again. You want everyone to see that still "alright" and are still sane.

You're then taken someplace very violent where you could die but because of your new "powers" you're able to escape. The next place you end up has people who fear and idolize you beacuse of what you've accomplished in a very short period of time. With their help you create your own cult, your own following, and aren't alone in regards to what caused to you be "abandoned" in the first place.

Then you're given the occasion to "get back at everyone" by showing them what they can do with the same abilities you can. And to do this you have to be a complete and utter ass, something you wouldn't otherwise do because regardless of what you may say or do: You're scared, you feel alone, and you DO want to go HOME whether it's back to your family or to the place you were staying with your friends.

The HIVE should explain a lot more come January."
    "I'm PMSing and I have a zat....were you're going to say something?"
    Official F.O.R.D. Website

Second Star to the Right

One of the top ways to know you're in college: Two hours of sleep is considered lucky!
    (That's also one of the top ways to know you work with McKay.)

Comment

I like both of them.
      In the first season i liked Ford because it was the nice youngest guy and a good fighter, and cute
      then in runner he became an interesting character, we can see he miss home and that he don't want to be treated like an ill or a crazy man,
      and in lost boy i nearly think "oh in fact the enzym is not a bad idea.." and i realy like his style with leather and chains he is a sort of "bad boy", and i like bad boys

Ronin is also a bad boy so i like him too lol
      he has a nice sword and he's a funny guy

and i like the relation between them, the fact that Ford was in the team and that Dex took his place, they have the team in common but there is also rivalry, they don"t hate each other but they aren't friends not by long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Olinne
        I like both of them. I like the relation between them, the fact that Ford was in the team and that Dex took his place, they have the team in common but there is also rivalry, they don"t hate each other but they aren't friends not by long shot.
        I just finished watching 'Lost Boy's tonight and I gotta agree with your statement Olinne. The rivalry between Dex and Ford was apparent and fun to watch!.

Ford as his new 'Wraith induced enzyme character' really brings out the great acting ability of Rainbow!. The guy is not only showing a different side to his character (and doing it very well!) but he has also showed how very talented he is!. Good stuff

Dex just keeps shining every week, no wonder he is in every epsiode week to week now. The guy has a screen presence that grabs you and makes you want to root for him and see what he's gonna do next. Again good stuff!
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I am with Dex. Ford just pisses me off and I hope they kill him off next episode.
          Thanks TechnoBoy.... I'd like to know what pisses you off exactly? If you're willing to share? - RSF

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
            Thanks TechnoBoy.... I'd like to know what pisses you off exactly? If you're willing to share? - RSF
            Hi Mr. Francks. don't mind technoboy, he doesn't understand that there is people on the otherside of the computer. You are alot better of an actor than whoever plays dex. BTW whats ur website, i did have it but i lost it.

Comment

Ford is da man, they better not kill him in the second parter or i'll be pissed. This guy know how to act, finally they (writers) gave him some substance to work with.

Comment

My appreciation of the Good Mr. Francks has just skyrocketed.

To the question at hand, though, I'll side with Dex, because he manages to stand out and have more presence on the show than Ford did in the first season. RSF did a wonderful job portraying a normal, fun, easygoing soldier. But "normal" fades into the background in SGA. SGA works with flamboyance. And that's something the "old" Ford had not at all, and both Dex and the "new" Ford have in spades.

Just look at the cast. The characters whose premise involves being "calm," "wise," and "normal" find these words all translated into "quiet" - they don't stand out, while others do. Weir talks quietly; Sheppard yells. Teyla accepts everything with cool, collected calm; McKay and Beckett obssess about their current troubles in hilarious neurotic monologues. Ford is calm and assesses the situation correctly; Dex takes a simple "Good Morning" as justification for shooting the whole place up. Is it any wonder that Sheppard, McKay, Beckett and Dex seem so colorful and present, while we keep saying "Why don't they do more with Weir, with Teyla, with (the "old") Ford?" The more active a character concept is, the more he takes the initiative, the more flamboyant he is - the more screen time and action he gets. It's really as simple as that.
                That will be all, Citizen. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice daycycle.

Comment

I am with Dex. Ford just pisses me off and I hope they kill him off next episode.

That's real intelligent...NOT!...what are you like 12 years old?....maybe that techno music rotted your brain.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Ignore the kid RSF!....there is always a few in every crowd (especially on the internet).

I am really digging your new persona since the Wraith got you with the enzyme. I hope to God they keep you in the loop as long as this show continues. You are so damn good with this new direction Ford has taken!. I really like interaction you have with Shep and crew now.

I look forward to seeing Lost Boys part II and any other episodes you are in.

Keep up the good work.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

TechnoBoy, I think you can just consider yourself b!tchslapped...

Nice move Rainbow...

Just awaiting the counter-move now...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                        He shot people with a Wraith stunner and he didn't try to kill Rodney...he threatened to kill Rodney. Big difference. If Ford wanted Rodney dead, I guarantee Rodney would be dead.
                        I thought Ford TRIED to kill McKay.
                        Spoiler:
                        In Runner, we saw him start to raise his weapon, Ronan jumped him, then scene change to Sheppard's point of view, hearing P90 fire in the distance. I always took that to believe the gunfire got deflected.

I'd like to see the the old Ford return, or maybe a older wiser Ford. Maybe Sheppard has a chance to catch Ford with one of those higher powered Wraith stunners. Think of the Intel a sane Ford can provide gathered from his months away from Atlantis.

Comment

i havn´t seen a show with dex yet and i really like the chara of Ford, so deciding between those two is really strange
                          there have to be room for both in the show

Comment

I see no reason to attack either role or the actors that play them. They are blending in both of them and it is working well. When making a comment it would be nice if you added why you feel that way...and lets remember that the actors do not write or direct the shows, they just do their jobs and ALL of them are doing their jobs well.
                            Purple's Biggest Fan
                            A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

After Lost Boys! I stand my ground that I like Both Ford and Dex. They have a dynamic that works great! Just please don't kill Ford! Maybe there will be way to save Ford from himself! I don't know the old Ford. Guess I need to get Season one on DVD huh?

I guess that's why I don't understand why people hate Dex because they felt he replaced Ford. They just gave Ford a depth to character that is mindblowing. And yes, I like Dex. Couldn't tell by my sig huh?

But I love the Toe to toe conversation with Ford and Dex. Awesome.

And Mr. Francks, thanks for the brilliant portrayal of Ford this season!

Comment

ford is alot stronger then dex so ford for theh win

Comment

Working...
                                X