This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newtrekker View Post
    Have you asked everyone? Then why do you disagree?
    What difference does that make? It was guesstimate, I don't need to do a survey. Anyway, have you asked everyone? Then why did you say it in the first place?

Comment

Not necessarily, there are millions of Ford fans out there that want Ford back on the team. Most of them just don't know about this poll. So don't take it as the official poll for Ronan and Ford.

No poll on GW is an "official" one, except for those who belong to GW and vote on the polls, as I am sure you did. If you had read an earlier post I had made, I stated that I think Jason Momoa was a fantastic choice, given tptb had been none too kind to the character of Ford, played by Rainbow, however, I felt that a return of the Ford character, would be a welcome event, as seeing the interaction between the two characters would be very interesting. This is not a put down of Ford, simply another of the MANY polls, asking people to make a choice. Choosing Dex, is NOT a put down of Ford. I'm certain that Mr. Francks is aware of his many loyal fans, and is very grateful. I'm also certain he is continuing to pursue his career, and I wish him nothing but success.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
        No poll on GW is an "official" one, except for those who belong to GW and vote on the polls, as I am sure you did. If you had read an earlier post I had made, I stated that I think Jason Momoa was a fantastic choice, given tptb had been none too kind to the character of Ford, played by Rainbow, however, I felt that a return of the Ford character, would be a welcome event, as seeing the interaction between the two characters would be very interesting. This is not a put down of Ford, simply another of the MANY polls, asking people to make a choice. Choosing Dex, is NOT a put down of Ford. I'm certain that Mr. Francks is aware of his many loyal fans, and is very grateful. I'm also certain he is continuing to pursue his career, and I wish him nothing but success.
        but still i wouldnt mind if Mr Franks could pursue his career with stargate atlantis which would offer him nothing but sucess

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
          I didn't say that voting for Dex was a put down of Ford. I only stated that there are alot of Ford fans out there that don't even know about the poll. But there should have been another option to have both of them.
          Last edited by newtrekker; 17 October 2006, 12:37 PM.
          Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
          Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Ford
            Dex=Teal'c clone And I don't want SGA to become SG-1

Comment

I didn't say that voting for Dex was a put down of Ford. I only stated that there are alot of Ford fans out there that don't even know about the poll. But there should have been another option to have both of them.
              There already is a poll that has the option for both, but this poll was unique because it forces people to choose. If it had both I simply would have merged them.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I did like Ford in the first season but when he went on wraith enzyme it ruined the character. I defenitly like Ronon better now becuase he is total anti-wraith and I find that awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by wraithfound View Post
                  I defenitly like Ronon better now becuase he is total anti-wraith and I find that awesome!
                  Is anyone not totally anti-Wraith? Did you think Ford was pro-Wraith?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                    lol, Yeah. I dont think he chose to have a wraith stuck to him. And I guess from that perspective, he blew up the Hive ship..because he likes wraith??? Yeah...not pro wraith

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                    hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                    OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

There already is a poll that has the option for both, but this poll was unique because it forces people to choose. If it had both I simply would have merged them.
                      And thank you for not merging them Major, I made this thread not to put one down over the other or to say one is better than the other. I wanted to get peoples opinion of Dex (who was fairly new to SGA when I did make this thread) and if he was a worthy enough character to make us not miss Ford as much.

Personally I have gone back and forth a few times, I absolutely love the 'enzyme Ford' character, but as we know 'enzyme' Ford' would be very hard character to work into the series every week. At times I find myself missing the original Ford character with his youthful naivety and total dedication to the military and his team. In a perfect world we could have both Ford and Dex as part of Shep's SGA-1 team.

This thread is very fascinating, great back and forth.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

That's totally not what I meant. I guess what I was tring to say was he is more shoot first ask questions later, doesn't care about where his actions will lead him kind of guy. Yah yah I know how where you suppose to get that out of anti-wraith?

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                          Ford
                          I appreciate your support for Ford, but I'm going to have to disagree with your Dex/Teal'c comparison.

Teal'c is way more deep and interesting than Dex. Teal'c is a warrior, but he is also intelligent, reserved, thoughtful, and wise. Dex is simply indicriminantly violent, selfish, petty, and he lacks any measure of self-control. His saving grace is that he is so fiercely loyal to Sheppard. I think he follows John's orders so faithfully because deep down he knows that he is fundamentally incapable of making right and responsible decisions, so he passed that job off to Shep.
                          Originally posted by wraithfound View Post
                          I guess what I was tring to say was he is more shoot first ask questions later, doesn't care about where his actions will lead him kind of guy.
                          Ah, I see now. I guess we disagree on the point that "kill anyone and everyone and have no consideration for the consequences" is a good quality for a person to have.

Comment

Ah, I see now. I guess we disagree on the point that "kill anyone and everyone and have no consideration for the consequences" is a good quality for a person to have.

Guess so! Oh, well

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                              Ford
                              Ronon is nothing like Teal'c, apart from the fact that he his an 'ard ****!

Comment

I am a huge Ford fan-- but that came after buying the season 1 dvd's and watching his character (NOT) unfold over the course of the season. I think he has more potential to be interesting if the writer's would take up the challenge.

They haven't.

Instead they shot him up with enzyme and booted him off the show... the enzyme-Ford was slightly more interesting -- because he DID more (but less attractive) than the naive-Ford. Except Ford did look quite attractive in the native wear-- but I digress.

Nothing wrong exactly with Dex--I like my shoot-em-up-ask-no-questions-caveman-in-leather pants man.

But Ford had grandparents, bad jokes, a cousin, a liking for football, Doug Flutie, pop corn, hats, cargo pants, guns, explosives, respectful geek bashing, freaking out in impossible situations, a great smile, and more.

Remember Ford laughing at McKay in 'Childhoods End'?

Remember Ford patting McKay on the back each time they had to trudge up yet another hill?

Remember Ford rushing to the railgun in the Seige Part 2 after the shooter had been swooped up into a dart?

I miss Ford.

Remember the 'gateship' and 'Atlantica' comments...

That dynamic, I miss.

Dex can't add that. I mean, Dex can incite female fantasies (because he is hot) and teenage boy fantasies (because he can shoot a gun and kick butt) but he is just yet another superdude.

Like Sheppard-- who can't die. Like McKay who can't fail.

Comment

Working...
                                X