X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
    Works for me.

Having both works for me too.

I think it's the writer's fault for not making Ford more prominent in the first series but last night I watched Season one and the beginning of season two and realised that Ford could have been so much more.

Dex is fabulous and I honestly can't see why we can't have both in the series.

An idea:

Ford does come back, almost dying because the enzyme after a long period of time, is destroying that human side of him both physically and mentally.

The doctor (hopefully BECKETT) helps him by formulating some enzyme inhibitor that not only helps Ford survive the cold turkey withdrawals, but removes that Wraith aggression.

Will Ford lose the black eye and partial wraith like appearance..yes. the enzyme inhibitor replaces his human side.

Ford gets better and Samantha realises he's well enough to come back on the team after a little Earthbound reunion to see Gramps. (one ep goes by)

Dex isn't too pleased.. he feels slightly threatened and is still suspicious that Ford is still part Wraith. He conveys these feelings to all the members of the team who both understand his misgivings and try to support him.

Ford comes back to a happy reunion with all but Dex,who's standing back watching him with both resentment and jealousy.

A dangerous mission comes up and it's not helped by Dex and Ford's rivalry. Sheppard does his nut, insisting they find a way to get along.

Ends up that Dex is captured by the wraith and due to Ford's ex wraith like status, Ford risks his life rescuing Dex in order to prove himself a valuable member of the team. He has more intimate knowledge from hiding out in hive ships and learns some valuable info. How he survived so long in the hive ships without being detected might be a good future ep idea.

After taking on the wraith, just the two of them, they find a new respect for one another.. they call a truce.

Further episodes sees them really bonding and allows for a lot of humorous rivalry and banter between the two. Seeing as Atlantis is popular, surely they can afford RSF once more???

Comment

The thing about Ford was that you knew going in he was going to be the side-kick for Sheppard...once he got established as the main guy on Atlantis. And much like another "boy wonder" it was always Ford's job to be the one to wander into danger...then have Sheppard come and save the day.

Then Ford went from "Robin" to "Two-Face" and turned into a semi-bad guy...which opened the door to establish a new character. Ronin!

Ronin had the initial advantage in that he wasn't from Earth or part of the SGC...so you got to buildup a backstory on him. Start him off as a angry SOB with a really cool gun and a bit of a temper...but we didn't know exactly why until "Sateda" (one of my favorite episodes BTW)...and then he gets to slowly develop into part of the SGA "family" (awwww)

Much like my 1st used car, was this Ford ever gonna go anywere without a major overhaul...probably not, but I think they came up with a character in Ronin that made up for what they missed out in with Ford.

Comment

My vote goes to Ford, but that being said, I have only seen a few episodes with Dex so far. I might change my vote in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks View Post
          thanks y'all... just like people to back up their disses. I asked if he was willing. He wasn't. all good. Love you all.
          well you know .. there are always some weird ppl out there.. just dont care what they say we still love you and hope you come back soon ...

i voted for you.. what a surprise back with Ford

Comment

Ronon. For sure.
            They're actually different characters. In many ways.
            And Ford had only season 1 + some eps from season 2. Ronon has had a lot more time to show, who he is.
            sigpic

Comment

I liked them both, i wonder what it would be if they were both in the show.
              But Ronon was a more impressive character.He looked better when he was fighting etc.
              While Ford was a bit funnier.
              Spoiler:
              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
              (YEAR 0 - 100)
              "O thou Sun,
              send me as far over the earth
              as is my pleasure and thine,
              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
              but never hear anything of bad ones,
              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                I liked them both, i wonder what it would be if they were both in the show.
                But Ronon was a more impressive character.He looked better when he was fighting etc.
                While Ford was a bit funnier.
                I agree I liked them both but they were very different an I liked them for different reasons an I think it would have been so cool to have them both in the city, Ford could have command of his own team an maybe Zelanka as his science geek, just think of all the trouble that could get into an Shep's lot having to bail them out. But then have the tables turned an his team get into real trouble an be bailed out by Ford & Zelenka, oh Rodney & Dex would just have "loved that"
                Atlantis Rocks

sigpic SGA the right people in the right place

Comment

Two Atlantis Teams ehh? that would be great !!!!!!
                  Spoiler:
                  APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                  (YEAR 0 - 100)
                  "O thou Sun,
                  nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Ronon, aside from not varying very much, is a good character. In the later seasons of Atlantis, he became my favorite team member--Sheppard was a bit too much like O'Neill for my taste, Rodney was...Rodney, and Teyla totally lost any unique Athosian parts of her character. Ronon was always honest to the point of being brutally honest, as well as being a good and loyal warrior.

But...

Ford beats him hands down in my opinion. What they did with him and the enzyme disappointed me tremendously--it was the first step towards Atlantis' steady downfall through Seasons 2 and 3. I always loved Ford: he was always slightly naive, but with the capability to take control decisively, such as in The Eye when he confidently led Teyla, Beckett, and the others through the city. Even though Ronon has his strong points, Ford wins the competition for me.
                    sigpic
                    ~the guitarists~

Comment

Ronon all the way!

Aiden Ford was too plastic in the way he held himself. No real emotion to go by.

Ronon Dex may not have been given a lot of dialog, but I still think he had more emotion in one of his dreds ( pre fake ones) then Ford did in his whole body!

Ford was awesome after he was changed by the wraith enzyme, too bad they couldn't have worked with that...
                      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Ford was a more unique character, both in that he wasn't a clone of an SG-1 character and because he brought something unique to the team's character dynamic, his youthful enthusiasm and somewhat naive thirst for adventure.

Dex on the other hand was just redundant with Teyla, which weakened both characters, and he was in many ways a poor clone of SG-1's Teal'c, only with all of the things that made Teal'c likeable mostly stripped away.

Comment

I'm with Dex.

I would say why but i can't think at the moment lol
                          GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                            Ford brought something unique to the team's character dynamic, his youthful enthusiasm and somewhat naive thirst for adventure.

Dex on the other hand was just redundant with Teyla, which weakened both characters, and he was in many ways a poor clone of SG-1's Teal'c, only with all of the things that made Teal'c likeable mostly stripped away.
                            I'll have to agree with you. Dex was only bigger and scarier. It would've been interesting to see him as a leader of an ally planet or something, not as a member of the team.
                            A regular character , but not member of the Team.
                            sigpic

Comment

Like Kyrik, i would love to see this guy in seaosn (6) , but not as a member of the Team of course.A good Ally and friend maybe....
                              Spoiler:
                              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                              (YEAR 0 - 100)
                              "O thou Sun,
                              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

I always thought they pulled Ford out way too early. I liked him in the 1st season. But Ronon was good too. I loved them both but somehow I just preferred Ford.
                                sigpic

JOHN SHEPPARD.
                                Thanks scifan for this bootyful siggie!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X