No announcement yet.

The Hobbit : Discussion/News/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember correctly The Hobbit was first, then LOTR.

ETA: My mistake.
    Last edited by LaCroix; 18 December 2007, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I think it has to be the movie split into two.

I don't believe that something could go between The Hobbit and LOTR. The Silmarillion is for the most part a prequel to everything, with only a small part covering what could happen during LOTR (from what I know anyway).

It's good to see Jackson and Walsh having some involvement with the movies, but I must admit that i'd not be happy until he's confirmed to direct.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        I think it has to be the movie split into two.

I don't believe that something could go between The Hobbit and LOTR. The Silmarillion is for the most part a prequel to everything, with only a small part covering what could happen during LOTR (from what I know anyway).

It's good to see Jackson and Walsh having some involvement with the movies, but I must admit that i'd not be happy until he's confirmed to direct.
        They would be stupid not to let him direct. He is the man, period.

Comment

I believe a large portion of expansion of the story into two movies will be done through the telling of the story of Gandalf and The White Council meeting and deciding to attack and drive out Sauron from Dol Guldor (sp?) as was briefly mentioned in the book. Also, we might learn more about Aragorn and Arwen's meeting and falling in love which happens around the time of the Hobbit.
          Edit: There was already a thread started for this topic. It is at: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48084
          Last edited by Redhooks; 18 December 2007, 05:04 PM. Reason: Added link
          Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

The Hobbit.

And then the Hobbit, but 3,000 year later. In space. A re-interpretting. Add a lttle Shakespearian reference and some High-Tech-Ring Device and you're sorted!

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
              The Hobbit.

And then the Hobbit, but 3,000 year later. In space. A re-interpretting. Add a lttle Shakespearian reference and some High-Tech-Ring Device and you're sorted!
              Kinda like There and Back Again?

Comment

YESSSSSS!!! I knew they'd never do it without PJ!!!

Must find way of getting to NZ to be an extra!!
                sigpic
                My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

i think they just haven't penned a script yet, so they're calling it a "sequel" temporarily. If I remember correctly New Line recently purchased the write to Christipher Tolkien's recent publication of his father's notes called the "Children of Hurin" which is tragedy set in the First Age. It is possible that this is the "sequel" they mentioned, even though it really isn't a sequel by definition.

Comment

When I told hubby I was puzzled at the Hobbit being two movies he said it is probably a good idea. He's read the book probably a hundred times by now .
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I don't know, I think The Hobbit would work best as one self-contained film. After all, we're talking about a relatively quickly read children's book here, not a 1000+ page epic like LOTR.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

that's good news. though I'm not sure about the sequel, what could it be? if it's The Hobbit Part 2 it might be ok since PJ did an awesome job with LOTR. other than that IDK
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Rumors I heard is that it'll be something to bridge the gap between Hobbit and LOTR. Was there some mention of him occasionally going on other adventures after he came back from his journey with the dwarves? Or was that just a rumor among the other hobbits? Maybe we'll get a three-hour movie of hobbits sitting around smoking their pipes and singing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            Rumors I heard is that it'll be something to bridge the gap between Hobbit and LOTR. Was there some mention of him occasionally going on other adventures after he came back from his journey with the dwarves? Or was that just a rumor among the other hobbits? Maybe we'll get a three-hour movie of hobbits sitting around smoking their pipes and singing.
                            Yeah, that would be fun to watch for 3 hours.

Really, something to bridge the gap between The Hobbit and LOTR would be just fine with me.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              IIRC this was Bilbo's only adventure. of course everyone's talking about him because he's pretty much the only hobbit who has actually left the shire and seen the world for what it is. if everybody's just sitting around smoking their pipes I sure hope Gandalf's there

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Yeah, that would be fun to watch for 3 hours.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Really, something to bridge the gap between The Hobbit and LOTR would be just fine with me.
                              same here
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Raimi Helming Hell, Then Hobbit

Nothing is official yet, click here for the article.

Comment

Working...
                                X