X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
    2013!!! WTF.

Well, at least it'll be ready before the olympics
    But we'll only get to see the first part of The Hobbit now before the apocalyps (21.12.2012)
    sigpic
    My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
      But we'll only get to see the first part of The Hobbit now before the apocalyps (21.12.2012)
      Thats the first thing I thought! But I didn't get to the comment first...

Comment

Jackson: 'Hobbit starts casting this week'

Casting on Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro's adaptation of The Hobbit will begin this week.

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Jackson revealed that producers are recruiting for every role in the movie with the exception of wizard Gandalf, who will again be played by Lord Of The Rings star Sir Ian McKellen.

"We're auditioning for every role," Jackson said, noting that he is looking to unearth new stars for the fantasy film. "What we've done over the years is discover a lot of interesting actors, like Orlando Bloom, Kate Winslet, Saoirse Ronan. So if you start looking and auditioning seriously, it's amazing what incredible talent you'll find out there."

Jackson added that, contrary to rumours, production on the two-part JRR Tolkien adaptation has not been delayed.

"We were always planning to shoot around April or May next year, and as far as I'm aware, we're pretty much on target for that," he explained. "It depends on how quickly the studio greenlights the film. It's not in our hands. But as long as we're shooting next year, we're fine."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...this-week.html

Tom Waits up for role in 'The Hobbit?'

Tom Waits is rumoured to be involved in the forthcoming film adaptation of The Hobbit.

According to Total Film, the singer-songwriter could play the voice of Smaug - the dragon Bilbo Baggins faces off with at the climax of the classic tale.

Other potential roles for Waits include Beorn, a dwarf who turns into a bear or Thorin Oakenshield, the dwarf leader.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...he-hobbit.html

John & Edward to audition for 'Hobbit'?

John & Edward could audition for parts as dwarves in Guillermo del Toro's upcoming movie adaptation of J.R.R Tolkien's The Hobbit.

According to The Sun, the former X Factor singers were approached by representatives of producer Peter Jackson to appear in the Lord Of The Rings prequel.

It has been suggested that the twins could play dwarves Fili and Kili who accompany Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf on their journey "there and back again".

An insider said: "Peter is keen to see if Jedward have any acting ability. He needs twins for these parts and they have a perfect look for the film.

"But the characters have very prominent roles. They are the youngest dwarves and are sent out scouting a lot."

They added: "The big question is whether Jedward could settle down on a major shoot because they are so excitable and hyperactive."

Tom Waits has been rumoured for the role of Smaug

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/...or-hobbit.html

Comment

*crosses fingers for good casting*

Comment

John and Edward who?
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              John and Edward who?
              Trust me, you'd rather not know.

But if you must, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr-p-...eature=related

Then read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_%26_Edward

Comment

Yeah....I watched up to when those two started singing and turned it off. I've seen all I need to see--I don't want these two anywhere near my Hobbit >.<
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

'The Hobbit' to begin filming in June?

Guillermo del Toro's Lord Of The Rings prequel The Hobbit will reportedly begin production in June.

The fantasy film, which is being produced by Rings trilogy director Peter Jackson, is to shoot for 14 months in New Zealand, according to Production Weekly.

However, the two-part adaptation of JRR Tolkien's novel will only receive the green light once studio MGM has resolved its financial problems. The first Hobbit film is expected to arrive in December 2011, with the follow-up debuting in December 2012.

Sir Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis, Hugo Weaving and Cate Blanchett are likely to reprise their roles from the original trilogy in The Hobbit.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...g-in-june.html

Comment

I'm not sure if MGM will ever get better....

Comment

The stupid thing is, the two Hobbits movies could help a lot with their financial issues if they were to go ahead with it. Given the popularity of the books and more importantly, the LOTR trilogy, I think a Hobbit movie is a potential goldmine if done correctly.

MGM are nearly $4 billion in debt, but the LOTR movies went from $890 million to $1.1 billion. If the each Hobbit movie could come close to either of those marks, it would be a great help to them.

sigpic

Comment

The Hobbit Pushed Back to 4th Quarter 2012?

In an article at Variety talking about New Line Cinema, which two years ago became a unit under Warner Bros. Pictures, studio executive Alan Horn reveals that the first of the two Hobbit films may not hit theaters until late 2012, a full year after the previously-announced December 2011 release:

Once the script for the second film is in -- Jackson and his longtime collaborators Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens are working on it with Del Toro -- New Line will work up a budget for both films and start casting. New Line exec Michael Disco, who was once Emmerich's assistant, will oversee for the studio.

Horn won't predict when the first of the two "Hobbit" films will be out, but says the most probable scenario would be a release in the fourth quarter of 2012.

"It's a big bet for us. But it's one we think will pay off given the success of 'Lord of the Rings,'" says Emmerich. "This is one of the few movies it feels like people are waiting for."

New Line's original plan was to release the first film in December 2011, followed by the second one in December 2012. One reason for the delay may be the restructuring of MGM, which shares the financing rights with New Line for the "Hobbit" films. MGM is currently accepting bids for the studio and those rights may go to another studio (Warner Bros. is said to be one of the bidders).

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62637

Comment

Pushing it back may not be a bad thing if it doesn't affect the start of the production date. Pushing it back will just give more post production time and hopefully make a better film.

sigpic

Comment

Emmerich? Oh jeez....

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              Emmerich? Oh jeez....
                              I'm sure he isn't related to Roland Emmerich

What about the rumour that David Tennenant may play Bilbo Baggins...I could live him as Bilbo

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010...-latest-rumor/
                              sigpic
                              My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                                I'm sure he isn't related to Roland Emmerich

What about the rumour that David Tennenant may play Bilbo Baggins...I could live him as Bilbo

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010...-latest-rumor/
                                Its Tennant! David sure is getting alot of rumors lately, like playing the Riddler in Nolan's Third Batman and such. Honestly, I think a Shakespearian actor like him could be a good Bilbo! But is he short enough!

Comment

Working...
                                X