No announcement yet.

Red Dwarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space Cowboys, a show about some geriatric fighter pilots trying to be astronauts, may have just managed to turn a profit... Serenity, didn't...

I can't see a big screen version of the Dwarf - as a continuation of the tv series, or a reboot of the series with the existing cast, making it... unless they use existing sets etc to reduce costs - assuming the sets are "movie" ready (guessing may be, due to modern HD recording)
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

So episode two. Conceptually not bad. But again the execution was just meh. Fewer laughs than last week and the solution was obvious.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
        It's time for eppy 2, and, for now at least, I'm not downloading... err, watching.
        Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
        So episode two. Conceptually not bad. But again the execution was just meh. Fewer laughs than last week and the solution was obvious.
        Well, I did download... and... I agree with meh. It's kind of like the worst episode of the season... which isn't to say I expect things to improve...
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
          Well, I did download... and... I agree with meh. It's kind of like the worst episode of the season... which isn't to say I expect things to improve...
          ...... talk about contridictory remarks, Its RED DWARF, is it supposed to improve ? sure the jokes get cornier and bad, but the guys having fun for the added element of the fans enjoying it to the extreme is what counts, Personally I am just plain excited that the Boys from the Dwarf on back on screens!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

What I was meaning to express, was the feeling that the two episodes to date of "X" have left me feeling like I'd just watched Meltdown, or Demons & Angels, or... Season VIII - ie Not the best Dwarf ever made...

Yes, ok, it's Red Dwarf... but I haven't seen anything yet remotely close to the brilliance of much of the original run (ie 88-93).
            Last edited by cosmichobo; 16 October 2012, 06:21 PM.
            and lots more!

Comment

True, I've seen some of it, snippets of the first episode of series X, which personally I thought brilliant in how they not only made things all nice and newish looking, and even more high tech appearing as well, but hey, its the guys, they look no different!

Now then, speaking of the Boys from the Dwarf

I'm watching Series VI, which personally I think hilarious, I love the Gunmen of the Apocalypse episode! So danged funny!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Lemons

Spoiler:

I absolutely LOVED that episode!!

"Oh please he had a skullet!"
                "You've walked across half the known world for 8 lemons?"
                "Jesus!" "Yes?"
                "In 23 AD, the rich had satchels." "So what did everyone else do?" "They dropped things."
                "Lister, have you given Jesus a vindaloo?"
                "Just the bag."
                Get your genuine JC bags right here.

Personally I rather like the idea of keeping Jesus as a recurring character.

Comment

Well we're 3 episodes in. And I have to admit that I've liked what I've seen so far. I wonder what the 'Boys from the Dwarf' are going to throw at us next?
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                    I wonder what the 'Boys from the Dwarf' are going to throw at us next?
                    Their zimmer frames...
                    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                      Well we're 3 episodes in. And I have to admit that I've liked what I've seen so far. I wonder what the 'Boys from the Dwarf' are going to throw at us next?
                      Its been a very hilarious 3 episodes so far and I can only predict that the next 3 will follow the same smegging suit...and then we'll hopefully have Series 11 to look forward to afterwards.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I suppose Series XI will all depend on ratings and if 'Dave' here in the UK is prepared to put up some money for another series.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Ratings wise it's doing well.

Series X continues to smash

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2012/...-ratings-news/

Okay, look, we promise we're not going to go on about ratings every Friday for the foreseeable. But you'll forgive us if we have just one more week of Smug Mode, won't you?
                          Good. Because the final, consolidated ratings for Trojan's broadcast on Dave have now been released by BARB, and they're even better than initially reported. Final figures have now jumped to a whopping 1.98 million viewers for the initial 9pm showing. Consolidated figures take into account viewers who "timeshifted” - i.e. recorded to watch later - the episode on this initial broadcast, and so are the clearest indication of just how many people were watching.

This figure means that, aside from all the programmes it beat in its own slot, that first Red Dwarf showing was overall the third most-watched programme of the week on non-terrestrial channels, beaten only by ITV2's twin titans Celebrity Juice and Xtra Factor (and then only by a hundred and fifty thousand or so viewers). What's more, this viewing figure would have made the episode Channel 4's fourth most-watched programme of the week if shown there, and would even have snuck into BBC2's top ten!

The results get even more impressive when you factor in subsequent broadcasts. While 113,000 people caught the episode an hour later on timeshifted channel Dave Ja Vu (those numbers doubtless hampered by the channel's non-availability on Freeview), a truly remarkable 598,000 tuned in for the 11.40pm repeat on Dave itself. That's actually around 200,000 more than watched any other programme on Dave that week. Add these subsequent transmissions to the total, meanwhile, and it means that overall, Trojan pulled in 2.69m viewers on its first night. That's a total that, incidentally, does actually edge above Celebrity Juice's own original-plus-repeat score. Take that, Keith Lemon.

But enough about episode one. Having premiered in a wave of publicity to startlingly good opening-night figures, the all important question was: would Red Dwarf X continue to hold up? Thankfully… it has. Rather superbly. Overnight ratings for Fathers and Suns on Thursday 11th October came in at 1.1 million. This is a drop of around 300,000 from Trojan's initial overnight figure, it's true - but that's actually a far smaller drop than might have been anticipated after a high-profile launch night, and also holds up well against Channel 4's ratings smash The Plane Crash, which pulled in over three million viewers at the same time.

In short: Red Dwarf is well and truly back, and continuing to kick bottom on a weekly basis.

Comment

No mention of Audience Appreciation figures..?
                            and lots more!

Comment

Unfortunately I can't find any audience appreciation figures for any series of Red Dwarf.

Comment

I only ask, given that since Doctor Who's resurrection, the appreciation figures are often paraded about... Thus, I was curious about the comparison... Well - not comparison between the two, but rather simply just how well Dwarf's resurrection has been appreciated... as ratings really don't speak to the quality of the product.
                                and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                                X