X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Red Dwarf X photos released ahead of show's imminent launch

A couple of pictures at the link

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/911682-new...#ixzz26NHJebpY

Craig Charles, Chris Barrie, Robert Llewellyn and Danny John-Jules take their seats as the sci-fi comedy prepares to return to our screens on October 4 for the first time since 2009.

Speaking about the new six-part series in a recent interview, former Corrie star Charles said the new series will go back to the show's roots.

He said: 'We've stopped being an action adventure series and gone back to being more of a sitcom. 'We're now back to being four clowns in a room, each trying to be funnier than the next man.'

Meanwhile, writer Doug Naylor has hinted that fans may encounter Holly or Hilly and the missing ending to season eight in upcoming episodes.

And Chris Barrie has promised plenty of scenes featuring comedy duo Lister and Rimmer and has also suggested Rimmer may take on the persona of yet another character.

Robert Llewellyn, who plays Kryten, added: 'Red Dwarf X is way better than I ever dared hope. I truly believe you are going to love it!'

Red Dwarf X airs on Dave on October 4.

Comment

Done with S4 and a few episodes into S5, still really enjoying the series.
      sigpic

Comment

Caig Charles Hints At Red Dwarf Doctor Who Crossover

September 26, 2012 1:37 pm
        Matt Aspin

We love crossovers here at What Culture! They’re often the highlight (and sometimes the low light!) of some of our favourite shows, movies and comic books. Sadly though a lot of the best ideas are confined to fan fiction written by some unlicensed nerd in his spare room ‘office’. One such crossover that is allegedly doing the rounds at the moment is one involving two of the greatest British sci-fi shows of all time – Red Dwarf and Doctor Who.

When Red Dwarf was the highest rated show on the BBC such a crossover was probably more likely but sadly the Doctor and his TARDIS were lost in time. But now with Who-mania running wild and the long awaited return of Red Dwarf only days away the rumour mill has spun into motion getting millions of geeks hot under the collar at the idea of such a collaboration.

Things haven’t been helped by the Dwarf cast either. When quizzed by the Radio Times Craig Charles, the man who plays Dave Lister, had this to say:
        I think it’d be great if, for one scene, we could be beaming somewhere and suddenly we’d be on the Tardis with the Doctor. Then we could shake our heads, say ‘nah’ and just beam back out again.

It also seems his co-stars agree. Danny John Jewels who plays Cat the ship’s resident hipster commented:
        I think Doug Naylor should write in one of the old Doctors. Sylvester McCoy or someone. And then we could have an episode with one of those guys in it. It would be funny.

When Red Dwarf returned for a mini-series back in 2009 the show surprisingly included a crossover with you’r Nanan’s favourite soap opera Coronation Street, so could a Who/Dwarf really be on the cards? Could we really see a Dalek on board Starbug uttering the phrase “Smeg Head”? This one is likely going to remain on the ‘what if’ list but with enough support who knows what might happen?

What do you think? Is this more of a Children In Need type of idea or could a crossover really work? What other crossovers would you like to see? Have your say below.

Link to original article here: http://whatculture.com/tv/craig-char...-crossover.php

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Something for Children in Need or Red Nose Day would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            Something for Children in Need or Red Nose Day would be great.
            The adventures of The Doctor and Ace Rimmer.
            sigpic

Comment

Red Dwarf X' red carpet premiere: Cast name favourite moments

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Trojan

Spoiler:

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Much more like the Red Dwarf we know and love than Back to Earth. Some of the jokes didn't just quite hit the mark, but I think more did than didn't so I'm very happy with that.

I particularly liked Rimmer mistakenly lowering his the chair rather than pressing the comm button.

"If Kochaski walked in wanting sex right now I'd stick it up my bum crack. I'm not hanging up."

"No, we just hosed him down and gave him a hat."

"I'm going for that phone!"

Off to watch it again!

Edit - Forgot to mention Red Dwarf was trending on twitter. Always a good sign.

Last edited by Blencathra; 04 October 2012, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Thoughts on the first new episode:

Spoiler:
                  Well that was much, much better than I had expected going by some of the reviews I'd heard and the last bit of RD that Dave made, but frankly, a few missteps aside, that was great fun (and I've - hopefully - just sent feedback to Dave to this effect). The Boys from the Dwarf are back!
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...of-spoilers%29
                    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Red Dwarf Q&A: Series XI On The Cards

October 5, 2012 by Ali Lewis

“I think it will happen, but it hasn’t been commissioned yet”, says Red Dwarf writer Doug Naylor when asked if there’s likely to be a Series XI following the successful début of Series X’s first episode last night. Naylor and the cast seem more confident than these cautious words suggest, and it sounds like they’ve all but put pen to paper on the new contract.

Questions over whether or not Holly, Kochanski or any of the others might make a comeback next time round are left open by Naylor, who frankly admits that he doesn’t know: “with Series XI, because I haven’t written any shows, I can’t tell you”. He does seem fairly certain, however, that the skutters, the little maintenance robots that spent their time flipping off Rimmer and watching John Wayne films won’t be making a comeback. “They just used to bash into the walls,” says Chris Barrie.

Having dealt with the future, Naylor and the others clear up the past: namely, what happened to the film, and what was the deal with Back to Earth, the bizarre self-referential mini-series?

Back to Earth, according to Naylor, was originally just supposed to be “something to celebrate the 20th anniversary, with the guys in costume introducing clips” and consequently only had a tiny budget. What’s more, with no sets, not enough money for a live audience, and the original Red Dwarf models having had a “tragic accident” falling off the top of the shelf, the series was “just based on things we could get”. The guys admit that “it was not Red Dwarf in some senses, but it did the job”. That job, it seems, was securing the backing for Series X.

Series X also accounts for a lot of the film, with scenes from some of Naylor’s 35 drafts making it into episodes 3 and 6. On top of that, we can also apparently expect a heap of “great guest stars”, though none it seems that could beat Jenny Agguter’s Series VI guest spot, which still had the boys salivating 19 years on. At the time, the mild-mannered Robert Llewellyn, the man behind Kryten’s mask (when it hadn’t been stolen and “blacked up” by Danny John-Jules),allegedly ran into Charles dressing room exclaiming “Have you seen her legs!”

Asked whether they thought they could recreate the magic so long after they last played the characters, Craig Charles said he got back in character as soon as he pulled the boots on, and reckons that Chris Barrie, who plays Rimmer, can switch it on whenever he wants: “give him an H and he turns into an arsehole”. Barrie himself, however, attributes the continuing success to Rob Grant’s script which is “the only script consistently where you open the first page and you’re laughing”.

Link to original article here: http://channelhopping.onthebox.com/2...-on-the-cards/

Comment

'Red Dwarf' The Movie: Should it happen?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...it-happen.html

Red Dwarf zoomed back on TV screens last week, collecting bumper ratings for Dave and proving a hit with its hardcore fanbase, who had waited over a decade for a full series of action from Rimmer, Lister, Cat and Kryten.

Bizarrely snubbed by the BBC after series eight, creator Doug Naylor spent the early part of the '00s attempting to realise his ambition of getting the Dwarf gang on the big screen. After endless false starts and difficulties with funding, the chances of a smeg-tastic movie seemed to have been extinguished a few years back.

But with series 10 causing quite a stir among its loyal fanbase, talk of a movie has resurfaced again.

Craig Charles told Digital Spy that he wouldn't want to stop making Red Dwarf on TV again to make a film, arguing that the cast had "wasted 10 years of our life doing that" previously. Meanwhile, Robert Llewellyn suggested that the show's "soul" and "core" was as a TV sitcom.

However, for those longing to munch on popcorn at a multiplex with Rimmer and co, Chris Barrie offered a slight glimmer of hope. "Never say never," he teased.

Comment

Fathers and Suns

Spoiler:
                          Another enjoyable episode. I particularly liked Lister sending himself messages and Father's day cards. Also Pree and her predictive behaviour being able to anticipate what the crew are going to say or do in any situation.

Fave quotes

I need to unwind and relax. Not read a book that's longer than Rapunzel's pubic hair.

Breast size? Not important. 36D!!!

I order you to pick 36D as the breast size for the new computer.

It’s not my fault that thanks to some time-travelly, sci-fi-y, paradoxical smeg that I’m my own Dad!

Is Chinese whiskers racist?

Do Chinese knickers have braces?

LOL!
                          Last edited by Blencathra; 11 October 2012, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Trojan

Spoiler:
                            Much more like the Red Dwarf we know and love than Back to Earth. Some of the jokes didn't just quite hit the mark, but I think more did than didn't so I'm very happy with that.
                            Spoiler:
                            As some may recall - I had my doubts, I felt they should reboot with new actors... from the teasers I felt like I'd be watching Grumpy Old Men... and -

Yep, for me it fell pretty flat.

Yes, there were some fun gags in there... once they got to telling the story. Though even that was a bit flat. When it was just trying to get a laugh (Rimmer's exams, as the main example), I felt as though they were really heavily trying to hammer home - "It really is just like the old days, see, Rimmer's still trying to pass him exams!" Which just made it feel very forced, not to mention the fact that the joke went beyond a joke... By the time Rimmer was doing his screaming banshee, I was so over it, I was seconds from turning off... Actually - I did, but then re-watched from the start with my wife... who actually asked - Why are we watching this??? And she loved the classic Dwarf stories...

It's time for eppy 2, and, for now at least, I'm not downloading... err, watching.
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

'Red Dwarf' The Movie: Should it happen?
                              One Word {before I lay me down to sleep}..... Yes

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

My thoughts about a Red Dwarf movie...

It would great to see the boys from the big red on e on screen.
                                But when would you set it with in the excepted 'timeline' of the show?
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X