Red Dwarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    You can't make money off IP that's owned by someone else; that's copyright infringement and will get you sued.

But I suppose if you change the names around and change up the setting to be different enough.....
    Well, that world has such a cool backstory too it, so I figured, using that as a base point as a diving board so to speak, throw in some humor, and change names and such, some elements will be the same yes, like the total imserison RPG game stuff, but that wont be Red Dwarf as the game but something else {there willbe several different popular games, imagine playing a DND Game like that ?!}

Anyhow, yeah, Back to Reality I like a lot and it really got me to write, names are all different yes

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Nope, I mean back to reality where the dispair squid makes them believe the have woken up from a total immersion game.

GO FOR IT!!!
      That episode is hilious when they're sitting in the cargo area of the little ship on those crates and stuff making up a car chase, I enjoyed that episode, now if only my library had it >.<

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

So, I've re-watched the entire series in the last two weeks and it's still such a great ride.

In a strange twist, I actually find myself wanting the laugh track (or audience laugh, whichever) to make a return in the new series. After watching 8 series with it, it was really jarring to watch BtE without!
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So, I've re-watched the entire series in the last two weeks and it's still such a great ride.

In a strange twist, I actually find myself wanting the laugh track (or audience laugh, whichever) to make a return in the new series. After watching 8 series with it, it was really jarring to watch BtE without!
          Red Dwarf Series X has been filmed in front of a live studio audience...wish granted!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I'd heard they were doing that. I'm sure hoping that it stays/they don't edit it out!
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Craig Charles Interviewed: “The New Series Of Red Dwarf Is Like Grumpy Old Men In Space”

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/people/...-men-in-space/

With such a varied CV it is difficult to sum Craig Charles up. Actor? DJ? Presenter? Poet? He has received a selection of cult followings over the years through Robot Wars, Takeshi’s Castle and famously as Dave Lister in Red Dwarf. He is a regular on Coronation Street and is also one of the original DJs from BBC 6 Music. Still hosting his 6 Music Funk and Soul Show he is also a very active live DJ. Although enjoying all of his projects, it is clear after a few minutes of talking to Craig that his live DJing is one of his favourite passions – particularly on the festivals circuit. Here he discusses his DJing, wanting to do another series of Robot Wars and the first series of Red Dwarf in over a decade, which is due to air later this year…

[Craig discussing his DJing & festivals is at the link above]

What can you tell us about the new series of Red Dwarf?

It’s six episodes filmed in front of a live studio audience, done like back in the day. It’s the four of us back together on board ship. All of the classic websites and hardcore Red Dwarf fans, who I don’t think have liked much Red Dwarf since series 6 are going crazy about it. Hopefully people will love this one because it’s proper funny. It’s the same writers, same cast and I’m really pleased with it. We all look a bit older, like grumpy old men in space. It’s gone back to the classic Dwarves, it’s about the relationships between the four individuals and the way they get on. And it’s got that claustrophobic feel of being stuck on the ship again, drifting aimlessly in deep space, 3 millions miles from home… looking for a hot curry.

Was it strange getting back together again?

Although the last series made was 1998, since then every year we’ve released a DVD so we would get together to do the commentary. So we’ve all still worked together for a couple of days every year, just doing merchandising and conventions all over the world and stuff. So coming back to it we didn’t really feel like we had been away from each other very much and we’re all close pals. I mean I was 23 when I started Red Dwarf – I’m now 47 so it’s a massive part of my life. I hope the audience enjoy this new series as much as we did.

You seem to have always been involved in projects that attract a cult following – do you think there’s something about you?

It’s always been quite accidental for me. I mean no one knew Red Dwarf was going to be the phenomenon it became. And I remember doing the first series of Robot Wars thinking “Oh my god what have I done with my career?” None of the robots were working they were pulling them into the arena with invisible twine! And Takeshi’s Castle was just a bit of a fluke – like we had thousands of hours of footage of this Japanese game show made in the 80s that we had to edit and sort of make something out of it and just give it a try. And in the end we did over 150 episodes of that and it really took off – there’s still loads of people into it. So it’s always been sort of accidental and even the genre of music I play, funk and soul, it’s not mainstream – I’ve never really been a mainstream guy until I got into Coronation Street. I mean that’s quite weird because I don’t think you can get any more mainstream than Coronation Street.

I remember you first of all from Robot Wars…

It was a crazy show and I loved doing that – who would have thought something like that would work? I wish we would do it again – but it got very dangerous towards the end and they were building these robots bigger, stronger, faster and more powerful. They were cracking the protective screens and these screens are supposed to be bomb proof! Imagine a hundred kilo robot lying on your lap or landing in the audience and spinning around – it would be carnage. So it was getting to a stage where health and safety were getting very worried.

But yeah any cult following has always been accidental for me. I guess if you had a plan to start with – it wouldn’t have been a bad plan really. I’ve ticked a lot of the boxes – I’ve got the mainstream following from Coronation Street, I’ve got the cult following from Takeshi’s Castle and Robot Wars. It’s different generations that I attract I guess.

Craig will kick off his summer festival dates in June including Jodrell Bank on the 24th of June and Soundwave on the weekend of the 18th of July. The new series of Red Dwarf will be aired in the Autumn.

Comment

So the main star himself says it's GRUMPY OLD MEN IN SPACE...

And you wonder why I think a reboot would be a good idea...

back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post

http://www.dvdstreets.com/images/upl...ed-dwarf-1.jpg

http://dailypop.files.wordpress.com/...k_to_earth.jpg
                  Read the article and get the context right. It was just a joke after he says that they all look a bit older. A reeboot would be terrible.
                  So the cast are older, bfd; them ageing simply adds to the sense that they've been in space for years on their own.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post

Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                      Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence.

Nice call back!

And my sentiments entirely btw.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                        Read the article and get the context right. It was just a joke after he says that they all look a bit older. A reeboot would be terrible.
                        So the cast are older, bfd; them ageing simply adds to the sense that they've been in space for years on their own.
                        you mean BSG! right 'Big Smegging Deal!' ?

But yes, I think that if a reboot {Dwarfin' USA anyone ?} wouldn't work because the humor wont be there like it is with this nuts. After all, like he says, for every series that came out they got together for a week to do comentaries and such, so they've never really split apart from each other.

Now, ontop of that, I just ordered Series Two, Three and Eight {I think, I know for a fact I ordered Series Eight} and then I remembered I was going camping on 14 June in the States {I leave home three days before date of camping trip start} and wont be home until I think twodays before they send the DVS back to Shanghai {they hold then ten days at my library}

So, someone tell me if I did the right thing is getting those aforementioned series ?

Also, is it bad that I use the word 'smeg' in contex with anger and everyone around me wonders just what the smeg I'm saying ?

Comment

LOOK!!!!!

Official Red Dwarf X Trailer!!!!

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

Comment

I want to buy the series now, including Back to Earth, its so fun the way they screw around with time on the show. I mean think about it, according to the Back to Earth Rimmer is still a hologram, it is as if he never left in series VII or was alive in Series VIII, instead Back to Earth has him as a hologram, hardlight in fact, and now Series X because series IX was Back to Earth miniseries {which was hilarious btw}, they're pretty much going off Series VI and ignoring series VII & VIII but including Back to Earth's lore as well. Since in the miniseries two fans of Lister told him to go find Kochanski, and that Rimmer was a smeghead. Those fans believed in him, so why not ?

I mean, its not like Stargate kept with time anyhow either.....

Comment

Um...most of that is wrong.

Comment

Um...most of that is wrong.
                                Well, how so ? According to Rimmer is series three episode The Last Night; Rimmers uncle Frank thought Rimmer was his mom, and Rimmer had a brother named frank seen in Timesliders the episode before Last Night. and in the booklet it mentioned something of Lister being his own dad. Wait that was in the roleplaying game.

time is weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X