• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overnight ratings on Lemons is up.

Lemons Overnight and Trojan Consolidated Ratings

http://gazpacho-soup.com/2012/10/19/...dated-ratings/

Lemons

The overnight ratings are in for Episode 3 of the new series. ‘Lemons’ was viewed by 1.23m people across Dave and Dave Ja Vu in its initial airing. This is up 0.1m on ‘Fathers and Suns’. It takes ‘Fathers and Suns’ place as being the third highest overnight for Dave in its history.

More good news comes in the form of demographic skew. ‘Lemons’ had a 3.7 ratings in the 16-34 demographic. A 3.7 ratings puts it above a good amount of ITV’s best rating programming. It also rated very well in the ABC1 demographic. It skewed 58% in the ABC1 demographic which is way above the normal for any programming on TV, on BBC or ITV. More information on the ABC1 demographic can be found at the link.

At the same time competition was relatively lower than last week. BBC One drama Hunted was practically flat, just 0.02m up from last week to 3.44m. ITV1 drama Homefront clocked in another poor primetime rating for ITV with just 2.34m at the 9pm hour. BBC Two had a strong performance with their documentary series The Choir. It recorded 2.84m viewers in the 9pm hour. Russell Howard’s Good News recovered some viewers lost in the last two weeks to achieve 0.86m viewers in the 9pm hour but it is still clearly damaged by a head to head airing with Red Dwarf.

Trojan Consolidated Ratings

Several of the consolidated figures for ‘Trojan’ are in. As ‘Back to Earth’ shown, the overnights don’t give a full view of just how many people watch Red Dwarf.

The first Dave airing on Thursday at 9pm achieved 1.46m on the overnight. This risen over 0.5m to 1.976m in the final consolidated figure.

The Dave Ja Vu airing on Thursday at 10pm had an overnight of 0.069m. This risen to 0.113m in the final consolidated figure.

The second Dave airing on Thursday at 11:40pm achieved a consolidated figure of 0.598m. This figure is very impressive for such a late night slot.

The third Dave airing on Saturday at 10pm achieved a consolidated figure of 0.592m.

Figures for the fourth airing, on Wednesday at 8pm will be available next week.

Adding the available consolidated figures together shows that nearly 3.3m people have viewed Red Dwarf in some form across the multiple airings. With the Wednesday repeat figures still to be included, it could yet achieve a similar total reach as ‘Back to Earth’ Episode 1. ‘Back to Earth’ Episode 1 was viewed by 4 million people in total consolidated reach.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
      Their zimmer frames...
      they are only 50ish, zimmer frames???
      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Craig Charles on 'Red Dwarf' future: 'Dave wants to do more'
        Published Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 15:33 GMT | By Morgan Jeffery |

Craig Charles has confirmed that another series of Red Dwarf is in the planning stages.

The actor - who plays Dave Lister - told ITV1's This Morning that he is keen to return to the sci-fi sitcom during another break from soap Coronation Street.

"We'd certainly like to do it [and] I think [Dave] want to do it," said Charles. "So it should happen. Coronation Street are going to have to let me off for a little while longer."

The 48-year-old added that he is keen to balance his commitments to both shows for as long as possible.

"We'll see if it works," he suggested. "If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. If things are meant to be, they happen. I love playing [Coronation Street character] Lloyd - I wouldn't want to stop playing him."

Charles previously told Digital Spy that he does not want to stop making Red Dwarf on TV again to shoot a film version, arguing that the cast had already "wasted ten years of our life doing that".

Link to original article here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...o-do-more.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

So um... interest on this thread died half way through the new run...

I meanwhile sat down today to "The End" and enjoyed it thoroughly...

Oh god I'm a cranky old fart...
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

Exclusive: 'Red Dwarf': Doug Naylor already writing new series
            Published Thursday, Nov 29 2012, 13:11 GMT | By Emma Dibdin

Doug Naylor is working on scripts for another series of Red Dwarf, it has been confirmed.

Danny John-Jules confirmed the development to Digital Spy this week, explaining that Naylor was eager to avoid the kind of time pressure he faced while writing, directing and producing Red Dwarf X.

"I spoke to Doug the other day, and I know he's already writing outlines," John-Jules said. "Even though the contracts aren't signed, he knows because of the last series [that he needs a head start], because he was under real pressure.

"Directing, writing, producing, and then locations get moved out, actors drop out, and suddenly it's like, 'Well, we've got ten pages that can be filmed and I've got to rewrite four scripts'.

"He doesn't want to be caught like that again, so he's already writing outlines. Well, or scripts - Doug doesn't really do outlines, he just writes a whole script, and then diddles with it."

Red Dwarf X won strong ratings throughout its six-week run on Dave this autumn, and was generally well-received by fans.

Craig Charles confirmed last week that Dave is keen to produce another series, and the cast are all eager to return.

Link to original article here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...ew-series.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Woo hoo!

I really enjoyed X...not the best by any stretch of the imagination, but damn good especially given the amount of problems the show had in production.

I highly recommend the documentary on DVD - "We're Smegged" - the amount of problems the production had to overcome is astounding...It gave me a whole new level of respect for the cast and crew
              Last edited by sueKay; 30 November 2012, 02:26 PM.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'm hoping that Santa will bring me X for Christmas this year.

And I'm really pleased that another series may be on the cards.

Comment

If anyone is near the Forbidden Planet Megastore in London this afternoon, Robert Llewellyn is signing copies of The Man in the Rubber Mask between 1 and 2 pm.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/events/20...bidden-planet/

Comment

Series XI News – Unofficial Announcement
                    Posted by James on May 5, 2013

Doug Naylor made an unofficial announcement of Series XI at the Red Dwarf convention Dimension Jump XVII.

The following are tweets by the Ganymede and Titan twitter feed and the Gazpacho Soup twitter feed on Doug’s Q&A session at the convention:
                    Doug, Series 11: “I had a plan. I planned it. We wanted to announce it today. We can’t.” [source]

Doug wants to direct and write all of XI himself. Plans for six episodes again. [source]

Audience confirmed for XI. [source]

Doug: “Lots of ideas, no scripts yet.” Budget needs to be finalised first. [source]

Doug, Series XI: “My feeling is that we’ll be shooting it in February.” [source] [source]

So Series XI not officially confirmed, but all seem sure it’ll go ahead. [source]

And in other almost as delightful news, Doug confirmed for Red Dwarf novels are being planned:
                    Doug promising more books: some written by him, and some from Rob! [source]

More information on his Q&A session, as well as all other goings on at Dimension Jump XVII can be heard in the upcoming Dwarfcast on Dimension Jump XVII, hosted by Ganymede and Titan. We’ll add a link to it here when it becomes available but you can find the Dwarfcast at www.ganymede.tv or subscribe via iTunes.

Link to original article here: http://gazpacho-soup.com/2013/05/05/...-announcement/

Comment

Funny thing is that I am currently trying to get my library to buy the series in fully {Though at the moment we cannot get anything new until the budget resets in August as far as I am aware} mym favorite series is FIVE with Back to Reality as my NUMBER ONE favorite episode!!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Love Red Dwarf! I can't say that I have a favourite episode exactly, I love too many of them to have a favourite. I adore the Cat though. He's exactly how a cat would behave if it evolved.

I also really liked the 4 books that went with the series, so if you haven't read those, I recommend them.
                        sigpicIn Soviet Russia, sig read you.

Comment

Red Dwarf XI in development
                          News Louisa Mellor 21 Oct 2013 - 17:40

Red Dwarf is coming back to Dave for an eleventh series, though we don't know when, says Robert Llewellyn's blog...

To address fan questions about the possibility of more Red Dwarf after last autumn's successful tenth run, Robert Llewellyn (the actor inside Kryten's prosthetics) has written a blog post to clear a few things up.

First comes the very good news that yes, "We are officially making another series". There's lovely.

When might we be able to see the new episodes? Er, pass. "It will be sometime in 2014," Llewellyn writes, "but I can't be any more accurate than that because we simply don't know yet."

"As far as the main cast are concerned, Chris, Danny, Craig and myself are all very committed to making another series, Doug Naylor is working on it like a man posessed but beyond that it's in the lap of the GELFS."

That'll do us for now. We'll keep you posted as soon as we hear more.

Link to original article here: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/red-dwar...in-development

Comment

He said something similar at the Wales Comic Con back in 2012, just before Series X aired! They're all committed which is good, and I definitely thought that Series X was exciting enough to warrant revisit the crew for more adventures.

In other Red Dwarf related news I've managed to snag an exclusive on something. After Series VIII ended in 1999 there were plans to move forward with a feature film, but when that too fell through - there were other concepts in the works to revive Red Dwarf on alternative mediums.

Here's the story of one such attempt!

Enjoy! And share if you do. We're still trying to raise awareness for our site.
                            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Red Dwarf Season 11 Confirmed With Filming Date
                              by Philip Frazer
                              April 9th 2014

Great news for fans of comedy science-fiction series Red Dwarf as an eleventh series is a reality. It has been a year and a half since the end of Red Dwarf X and news of a follow-up has been few and far between, with the last piece of news coming in January when John-Jules said that a series was being written.

A big update came during the Sci-Fi Scarborough convention on Saturday a Red Dwarf panel comprised of Chris Barrie, Danny John-Jules and Robert Llewellyn confirmed the news. John-Jules said that shooting is scheduled to get under-way in October 2014 with a view to being aired on Dave in Autumn 2015.

The panel were also asked about their favourite episodes with Llewellyn and John-Jules voicing their jealousy of not being part of ‘Marooned’ causing Barrie to joke that their absence is what made it such a strong episode. Llewellyn personally enjoyed shooting ‘Lemons’ because of the variety of smells, citing that cinnamon was much better than the usual smell of wet paint.

Questioned about the fan favourite opening to ‘Tongue Tied’ John-Jules said that he had tremendous fun and that the looks of jealousy from Charles and Barrie were legitimate, as was him being oblivious to them because he was having too much fun doing his routine but said that they all worked perfectly for the characters personalities. Barrie laughed at the thought of being able to re-enact it saying that he couldn’t even remember his routine on the day.

Speaking about the wardrobe and make-up, Llewellyn being thankful that the application of the silicon Kryten mask has reduced over time from the original 8 hours to a much shorter 2 hour process, while Barrie enjoyed only needing to put a H on his forehead. John-Jules also revealed that he didn’t get to keep any of The Cat’s outfits, a fact he was thankful for asking “Could you imagine wearing one of those in the streets?”

Original article here: http://whatculture.com/tv/red-dwarf-...lming-date.php

Comment

Excellent news!

Comment

Working...
                                X