No announcement yet.

Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAss Effect didn't really have anywhere to go put prequel. Making a sequal would require canonizing an ending which even further removes that whole choice thing the fans love so much.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
      MAss Effect didn't really have anywhere to go put prequel. Making a sequal would require canonizing an ending which even further removes that whole choice thing the fans love so much.

I love Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3. I have no issue with the ending but bought the extended cut just to see what it adds, and still have no issues. I LOL at the amount of theories fans have made on that. Seriously it's a game
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        I love Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3. I have no issue with the ending but bought the extended cut just to see what it adds, and still have no issues. I LOL at the amount of theories fans have made on that. Seriously it's a game
        I think a prequel could be quite interesting, First Contact War, Protheans vs Reapers, Krogan Wars...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          I think a prequel could be quite interesting, First Contact War, Protheans vs Reapers, Krogan Wars...
          Protheans vs Reapers would not have a happy ending since we know the Reapers won.

Comment

What would be good is a game playing as a Reaper....... Stomp Shepard now

Comment

I came up with this over coffee and musing over all the games...........

A new theory. And a very simple one.

The Illusion Theory

Shepard has been captured in ME 2 and in the hands of Cerberus as we find out they rebuilt him / her whatever you choose at the start of the game. Anyway Shep thinks they did all those missions, then got busted and is on Earth again in ME 3 only they're not. It's all a very elaborate illusion and they've been in some kind of isolation tank / holodeck living an illusion as part of a reaper experimient........

None of what we've played since the first attack on the Normany in ME 2 happened to be real. Yes they were rebuilt but not by Cerberus, but by reapers and they're living a holodeck illusion.

EDIT:
              Or they were captured in the first game when they found that beacon on Eden Prime and Shep blacked out.. That would probably make more sense for The Illusion Theory..

Comment

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/16/mass...re-kotor-team/
                More news on ME4

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/de...mass-effect-4/

Comment

Lol, just going through past pages of this thread...

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Multiplayer is new in the franchise, to ME3. You can kind of tell it was tacked on after the fact--it's really nothing to write home about. I don't mean it's bad, it's just nothing special either. I can't see it having a very large player base a year or two down the line.

Which I guess kind of begs the question: once nobody's playing online anymore, how do you get your Galactic Readiness up?
                  From March 12th 2012, surprisingly the multiplayer environment is still quite strong...

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Of course they change some stuff up. The games came out years apart

And man....I don't know how you can be forgetting character names. They're all so memorable!
                  And yes, now I most definitely remember everyone's names...

Comment

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/m...s-says-bioware
                    Updates on ME4

Comment

Interesting... Propably can't wait for it.
                      Needless to say, that many fans are still buthurt about the fact that we might never be playing as Commander Shepard in Mass Effect games though...
                      But I would love to play as Garrus, as he is my fav character in those games.

Comment

http://motoringcrunch.com/news/mass-...atures/100289/
                        Small details leaked about Mass Effect 4

Comment

I know i'm late but i just finished my first run through of Mass Effect 1 AMAZING GAME, dare i say it one of my favorites loved it

one small thing my only gripes was the amount of traveling you had to do sometimes to get from point a to point b and it didn't auto save but there my only gripes with the game

oh yeah and i both love and hate the mako lol
                          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 03 June 2014, 02:56 PM.
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

I hate the Mako..

In all these years they could have updated the physics for that vehicle with a patch and made it actually worth using.

Comment

I never had a problem with the Mako. I was quite disappointed when I moved onto 2 that there wasn't a similar dynamic.... of course I was also depressed that 3 didn't have the resource mining that 2 offered so I generally just become accustomed to things.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Just started playing Mass Effect 2, wow quite different, i'm trying to recruit "archangel"
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X