No announcement yet.

Best sci fi show of all times!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B5's 'Thirdspace' movie certainly was H.P.-inspired.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Voted.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I will have to say The X Files
        sigpic

Comment

i voted SG1 but that was so hard because i also love BSG/Babylon 5/SGA/X files
          sigpic
          The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

I guess for me its a tie for SGA and SG1. A couple of my other favorites not on the list would be sea quest dsv, and sliders. But really I love almost all sci fi and fantasy shows.

Comment

Farscape, tho' I'd put SG-1 at a really close second, followed by Firefly, then SGA...unless we're also counting anime, in which case I'll have to throw in Ghost in the Shell: SAC/SAC 2nd Gig and Legend of the Galactic Heroes in there somewhere.

Oh, and I also liked ST DS9, but never saw all of it. Same goes for Babylon 5 (heck, I think I only saw a few eps. and then the movies on cable).
              sigpic

Comment

Kind of hard to pick between Firefly, Farscape and SG-1, but for this poll I decided (tough one) to go with Firefly.
                sigpic

Comment

I love how a TV show with only 14 episodes is beating a TV show with over 750 episodes. Ahahaha.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                    I love how a TV show with only 14 episodes is beating a TV show with over 750 episodes. Ahahaha.
                    Quantity =/= Quality!

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laertes View Post
                        Quantity =/= Quality!
                        Agreed!
                        sigpic

Comment

I actually think about this quite often, since most of my vegging time is spent watching Sci-Fi DVDs. My nominees are my favorites. Stargate SG-1, Babylon 5, Star Trek Deep Space 9, Star Trek: TOS and Firefly. I'll break it down by analytical subcategories

Wow factor: Cool visuals and effects: 1) Sg-1, 2) Ds-9, 3) Firefly, 4) B5, 5) St:TOS
                          Most substantial story: 1) B5, 2) DS-9 3) Sg-1, 4) Firefly, 5) ST:TOS
                          Most groundbreaking: 1) St:TOS, 2) B5, 3) Firefly, 4) DS-9, 5) SG-1
                          Best characters/acting: 1) Firefly, 2) SG-1, 3) B5, 4)DS-9 5) ST:TOS
                          Most meaningful ideas: 1) B5, 2)ST:TOS, 3) Firefly, 4) DS-9, 5) SG-1
                          Best Continuity: 1) B5, 2)SG-1, 3)Firefly, 4) DS-9, 5) ST:TOS

Because I'm an old guy and like ideas and meaning and continuity, B5 is my favorite. But I do love them all.

Comment

maybe Twin Peaks..kinda scifi ish

Comment

i know someone has probably already said this but, putting that poll on this website is a bit biased, considering STARGATE fans come here...but yeah i like others,.. sg1 all the way!!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                              'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                              : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                              I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                              Indeed

Comment

Yikes, didn't know multiple choices weren't allowed. I clicked Babylon 5 first then Firefly cause I thought both of them would be picked. Well, Babylon 5 first for me, Firefly a really close second.

Comment

Working...
                                X