Wheel of Time Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
    No. Absolutely not. I would abhor a WoT movie.
    It will be good if it is done like LOTR... but if it turns out to be another Eragon..

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
    I do enjoy the series but some parts are ugh. It takes forever for anything to happen. And wish the Aes Sedai weren't so arrogant sometimes. With that said...
    Spoiler:
    Masema should have been dealt with soooo long ago. I did enjoy The Gathering Storm, fairy nice pace and didn't drag on too much ceremony. And the absence of one of the characters. That Rand moment was great and a long time coming. I wish they would have focused on the Mat plot line with Moraine and stuff.
    Spoiler:
    I pretty much wanted Masema dead since he started his little crusade thing From that moment I could tell it would be an awesome book Absence of who? Lan? The Mat parts they did was good though
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---
    sigpic

Comment

There were parts of the book though where I felt I could strangle Mat, but for the most part, he is one of the most endearing characters
      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
        There were parts of the book though where I felt I could strangle Mat, but for the most part, he is one of the most endearing characters
        You want to touch Mat, you have to go through me first.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
          You want to touch Mat, you have to go through me first.
          I second this. And throw Perrin in too.
          Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
          ---
          sigpic

Comment

Ah dear Perrin, a lot like my son in many ways, he married a falcon as well.....with talons

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
              I second this. And throw Perrin in too.
              No. Actually, Perrin can jump off the nearest building and die. Or get eaten by his wolves. Either way works.

Comment

Ah dear Perrin, a lot like my son in many ways, he married a falcon as well.....with talons
                Yes. I like Faile... but like PJOZ siad about Mat... I could have strangled her a few times.
                Spoiler:
                The whole plotting behind Perrin's back stuff is really annyoing. but she got rid of Masema! And the whole cha Faile thing is dumb. I agree with Perrin, she should have just told them to go away
                ---
                sigpic

Comment

No. Actually, Perrin can jump off the nearest building and die. Or get eaten by his wolves. Either way works.
                  What is wrong with Perrin?

I have problems eeping things straight... (for example, I cant remember Rand killing Ishmael Or The Moirane Lanfear thing ) What happened to the Peddler? (I cant even remember his name )
                  ---
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                    What is wrong with Perrin?
                    What isn't wrong with Perrin? Faile and Perrin just drive me up the wall.

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!!
                    I have problems eeping things straight... (for example, I cant remember Rand killing Ishmael Or The Moirane Lanfear thing ) What happened to the Peddler? (I cant even remember his name )
                    Padan Fain? Pretty sure he's still alive.

Comment

Yes and from the hints throughout the books, I think Rand will at last have to deal with him

Comment

He's the most normal of all the characters. Thats half the reason I like him

Ah. Okay.
                        ---
                        sigpic

Comment

From a couple of other forums I've seen on WOT, the problem I think with Perrin and Faile, is that they started out well at Emmon's field, but somehow got lost along the way after that

Comment

What do you mean? They haven't changed really. Except, Faile didn't really recive any big homecoming tpye of thing. She was back, and that was it....
                            ---
                            sigpic

Comment

Their story plot got lost. For a while, Perrin's search for Faile seemed to drag on a bit longer than the plot allowed, then it bogged down a bit. But it seems to have been enlightened with the last two books.

Comment

Why? Do you feel they would ruin the book's tale
                                There is absolutely no way in hell that they would be able to fit WoT into a 2 and a 1/2 hour movie, and do it justice at the same time. Best idea: Mini-Series for each book.

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                                I do enjoy the series but some parts are ugh. It takes forever for anything to happen. And wish the Aes Sedai weren't so arrogant sometimes. With that said...
                                Spoiler:
                                Masema should have been dealt with soooo long ago. I did enjoy The Gathering Storm, fairy nice pace and didn't drag on too much ceremony. And the absence of one of the characters. That Rand moment was great and a long time coming. I wish they would have focused on the Mat plot line with Moraine and stuff.
                                Brandon has said previously that he will be going back into the timeline of TGS to catch up on some stuff. For example, the fact that:

Spoiler:
                                Tam knew that Morgase was in Perrin's camp, for one.

And the fact that:

ToM spoilers:

Spoiler:
                                Mat waits the 30 days in Caemlyn.

And then the entire crowning of Elayne. I'll take the absence of Elayne, and this being one of the best books of the series as pure coincidence.

Their story plot got lost. For a while, Perrin's search for Faile seemed to drag on a bit longer than the plot allowed, then it bogged down a bit. But it seems to have been enlightened with the last two books.
                                I've always wanted to shoot Perrin and throw Faile off a cliff. They're like Romeo and Juliet. Except twisted.
                                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
                                X