No announcement yet.

Wheel of Time Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So any thoughts or speculation on the movies?
    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

haven't really given thought to who would be who in the movies, at least not yet. I've been distracted by the goings on at CES...
      sigpic

Comment

I mentioned earlier that I thought Sam Worthington would be great as Rand, and as Nyneave is my next favourite character, I could not think who that would suit, then I was reading a Claudia Black thread and I realised she would be perfect for the role Especially pulling that braid all the time

Comment

You know.... there are 3 other threads about WOt..
          Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
          ---
          sigpic

Comment

Well... thread revival

Spoilers for beginning of GS
            Spoiler:
            Masema died!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! I've been waiting for a long time.
            Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
            ---
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
              You know.... there are 3 other threads about WOt..
              There is, can you link me, because I searched before and could not find any

Comment

Super thread guys, I did not know it existed, so i made one myself, is it possible for the mods to merge the two threads?

I Love that Masema got it and that it was
                Spoiler:
                FaileWho did the deed!!!!!!!!!!! She rocks

Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 13 January 2010, 04:36 PM.

Comment

What is the thought on the possible movies?

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                    Super thread guys, I did not know it existed, so i made one myself, is it possible for the mods to merge the two threads?

Spoiler:
                    I Love that Masema got it and that it was Faile

Who did the deed!!!!!!!!!!! She rocks
                    Yes!! That just made it ten times better

But youm ight want to spoiler that..
                    ---
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes!! That just made it ten times better

But youm ight want to spoiler that..
                      Doing it

Comment

Doing it
                        Fixed my quote

I think
                        Spoiler:
                        Egwene's "war" is quite good. She finally has an interesting part
                        ---
                        sigpic

Comment

Of the whole series, I think Egwene and Nyneave have been two of my favourites. Rand has annoyed me on many occasions, and Mat as well. Perrin is rock solid, and I do hope they find a way to bring Moraine back

I love the Aiel, awesome, well except for the Shaido

Comment

Of the whole series, I think Egwene and Nyneave have been two of my favourites. Rand has annoyed me on many occasions, and Mat as well. Perrin is rock solid, and I do hope they find a way to bring Moraine back

I love the Aiel, awesome, well except for the Shaido
                            Lan is awesome as well

Still GS.
                            Spoiler:
                            Rand not letting them torture Semirhage is bugging me
                            ---
                            sigpic

Comment

Lan is awesome as well

Still GS.
                              Spoiler:
                              Rand not letting them torture Semirhage is bugging me
                              That bothered me too.

About the movie news, as far as we know, Universal wants to do a "big budget" film on The Eye of the World. But sometimes things never happen. Even till, look how long it has been taking The Hobbit movie to come out. It could be 10 years from now so any actors we might imagine cast as our favorite characters would be too old (for the younger cast anyway). Just for fun though, I always liked the idea of Ryan Reynolds would make a great Rand (especially crazy or mad Rand, ever seen him in the new Amityville Horror?). I also saw a few people say they thought Sam and Dean from Supernatural would make a good Rand and Mat.

So did anybody think AVATAR had some similarities to WOT? I thought the tribes were very much like Aiel, even though they lived in a rainforest type land as opposed to the waste. I kept expecting somebody to say "I see you Rand al'Thor", lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Care View Post
                                That bothered me too.

About the movie news, as far as we know, Universal wants to do a "big budget" film on The Eye of the World. But sometimes things never happen. Even till, look how long it has been taking The Hobbit movie to come out. It could be 10 years from now so any actors we might imagine cast as our favorite characters would be too old (for the younger cast anyway). Just for fun though, I always liked the idea of Ryan Reynolds would make a great Rand (especially crazy or mad Rand, ever seen him in the new Amityville Horror?). I also saw a few people say they thought Sam and Dean from Supernatural would make a good Rand and Mat.

So did anybody think AVATAR had some similarities to WOT? I thought the tribes were very much like Aiel, even though they lived in a rainforest type land as opposed to the waste. I kept expecting somebody to say "I see you Rand al'Thor", lol.
                                My nieghbour said the same thing, now I have so see Avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X