No announcement yet.

Wheel of Time Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rumour mill is running overtime, the latest edition of Sci-fi magazine here in OZ, reckons Universal is looking for a director and script writers, and with several actors approached about Eye of The World
    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

I finished GS the other say and I have to say it i the best one so far Whens the next come out?
      Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
      ---
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
        I finished GS the other say and I have to say it i the best one so far Whens the next come out?
        Presumably the same time of this year. I haven't kept up to date with Brandon's site, so that could have changed some.

Comment

You all might find this interesting

Comment

WOOHOO *dances aroind*

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
            ---
            sigpic

Comment

WOOHOO *dances aroind*

I thought that might elicit a nice reaction, I felt similarilly moved

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                I thought that might elicit a nice reaction, I felt similarilly moved
                Especially that bit about video games...
                ---
                sigpic

Comment

Especially that bit about video games...
                  Yeah, that is soo coooool

Comment

WOOHOO *dances aroind*

I second this reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                      I second this reaction.

Comment

No. Absolutely not. I would abhor a WoT movie.
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                          No. Absolutely not. I would abhor a WoT movie.
                          Why? Do you feel they would ruin the book's tale

Comment

I do enjoy the series but some parts are ugh. It takes forever for anything to happen. And wish the Aes Sedai weren't so arrogant sometimes. With that said...
                            Spoiler:
                            Masema should have been dealt with soooo long ago. I did enjoy The Gathering Storm, fairy nice pace and didn't drag on too much ceremony. And the absence of one of the characters. That Rand moment was great and a long time coming. I wish they would have focused on the Mat plot line with Moraine and stuff.

Comment

I highly doubt the movie will be out in 2011. If it is, I will be extremely disappointed. It takes years to get the perfect script, cast the right actors, plus the filming of the movie should take 6 months+, then there's the editing, etc.... If they rush this, it could be worse than Eragon.

I am excited for the movie. The way I look at it is, even if it isn't as great as it could be, it can't take away from the books. They will always remain the same for me to read over, and over. I am prepared to pick it apart like I do with all my fav books to movie adaptions, but I would love to see places like Emond's Field and Caemlyn come to life.

And yes, Towers of Midnight, the next WoT book, is due to come out next fall.

Spoiler:
                              Obviously we will be be getting our long awaited rescue of Moiraine from the tower of Ghenjei. I have only been waiting for this for over 10 years, lol. Probably longer, A Crown of Swords had only just come out in hardcover.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Care View Post
                                I highly doubt the movie will be out in 2011. If it is, I will be extremely disappointed. It takes years to get the perfect script, cast the right actors, plus the filming of the movie should take 6 months+, then there's the editing, etc.... If they rush this, it could be worse than Eragon.

I am excited for the movie. The way I look at it is, even if it isn't as great as it could be, it can't take away from the books. They will always remain the same for me to read over, and over. I am prepared to pick it apart like I do with all my fav books to movie adaptions, but I would love to see places like Emond's Field and Caemlyn come to life.

And yes, Towers of Midnight, the next WoT book, is due to come out next fall.

Spoiler:
                                Obviously we will be be getting our long awaited rescue of Moiraine from the tower of Ghenjei. I have only been waiting for this for over 10 years, lol. Probably longer, A Crown of Swords had only just come out in hardcover.
                                It's about time, on so many occasions I thought, "Are they going for Moiraine now?" But they never did, long over due. And from what I can gather, pre-production for the movie at this stage is finding the right locations, sorting out the scripting and getting the right actors etc. Of course again, New Zealand is at the top of the list for location atm, but nothing has been hinted about who may direct, other than Sam Raimi, has been short listed

Comment

Working...
                                X