V (ABC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    'V' premiere was #5 for the whole week, only behind football and the World Series.

live plus Same Day DVR was 14.3 million
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/10...270#more-33270
    well the yankees were playing so that is understandable!

Comment

was it just a continuity error or had Erica & Father Jack lost their lizzard test scaring?
      I know we never saw the test but it was implied they went through it.

Comment

Its time for sports to lose....

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
          was it just a continuity error or had Erica & Father Jack lost their lizzard test scaring?
          I know we never saw the test but it was implied they went through it.
          Continuity error I suppose, but when you think about it, it's a pretty stupid way to test people, all the V's would have to do is look at your neck to know you're a rebel.

I'm enjoying the show to a degree so far, but I can't help wonder how much interest I'd have if Elizabeth Mitchell wasn't in it, I think I mirror a lot of people when I say I could really do without her son's storyline and the jittery priest. The traitor storyline is interesting though, and I do wonder where they're going with journalist, so maybe there's hope yet. Now if only they can sort that pacing out...

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
            Well it looked like
            Spoiler:
            his face was still scarred when he was lying on the table. As if they were healing him, similar to how the traitor guy was healed. I'm assuming he just wasn't completely dead after his fight with Erica, and they fixed him up.

Should be interesting to see what he does next.
            Very interesting! I hope he is around for quite awhile.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              IDK...didn't you see...
              Spoiler:
              Tyler and Lisa kissing in the preview for next week's episode?
              Spoiler:

I did see that, which is why I wonder how she forgave him. She looked mighty annoyed with him when last we saw that blond lizard. I guess V teens have hormones too. LOL

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
              yep i did...
              Spoiler:
              but you know she is going to make him work for that kiss..
              Exactly. LOL

Do you think the trees under the ships are suffering without sunshine?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                Yes, add 10 million. Because you incorrectly quoted 3-4 million above and it was no where near that.

And neither was the second episode. I believe it got over 10 yet again. Pretty darn good for a sci-fi show on a major network.

I'm not going to try and predict what kinds of ratings it will get in the next few weeks. Shows will dip as the holidays approach and I assume the same can be said for V - and SGU.

Anyone have the live +7 for the premier?
                And what did the Terminator series start out with? 18.3 million viewers. Episode 2 had 10 million, and by the start of the second season they were down to something like 6 million (ending in about 3 million). Look at all the other shows, fact is 1.) Ratings drop and 2.) Scifi/genre just do NOT succeed at all on primetime broadcast TV. Especially not in this day and age when it can be canceled for Auto Repair with the Stars. Only reason shows like Stargate and BSG could survive was because they are on cable and not broadcast. Lost, is an exception only because they put in so many elements to draw non Scifi viewers (that is if this show even is Scifi?). And X-Files was a fluke because FOX allowed it a lot of room to grow as they themselves were a new network with little to no original programming. X-Files soon gave FOX an identity which allowed them to grow. My point is that you can hope and wish all you want, the past few decades tells us how things will end up.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                You're welcome to your opinion as others are welcome to theirs.

I'd prefer to think positive. Others - clearly prefer not to.
                I understand you are being positive, I just have to be a realist. I long since have given up on watching Scifi type shows on broadcast as it is almost a guarantee that I will have the rug pulled out from under me. There is nothing I despise more than having a series canceled with an open ending/ cliffhanger. Hell, you still get that with cable shows (remember Farscape's season 4 ending anyone?). My whole complaint boils down to this, why would this have been pitched to ABC? Fine and dandy if ABC wants to come out and say they will fully support this show, and guarantee that if the ratings fall there will be a conclusion.

Just how many times do the viewers have to get screwed over before people take a stand? I would like more people to get vocal towards these networks and how they present these shows. At the very least I hope for everyone's sake that ABC would do what they did with Life on Mars which was very respectable. Knowing they were not going to renew, they told the producers at the earliest moment to allow them to have a true finale. At the very least people should let their voices be known that ABC should give some kind of assurance or guarantee that you won't get screwed on this show.

Comment

I understand you are being positive, I just have to be a realist. I long since have given up on watching Scifi type shows on broadcast as it is almost a guarantee that I will have the rug pulled out from under me. There is nothing I despise more than having a series canceled with an open ending/ cliffhanger. Hell, you still get that with cable shows (remember Farscape's season 4 ending anyone?). My whole complaint boils down to this, why would this have been pitched to ABC? Fine and dandy if ABC wants to come out and say they will fully support this show, and guarantee that if the ratings fall there will be a conclusion.

Just how many times do the viewers have to get screwed over before people take a stand? I would like more people to get vocal towards these networks and how they present these shows. At the very least I hope for everyone's sake that ABC would do what they did with Life on Mars which was very respectable. Knowing they were not going to renew, they told the producers at the earliest moment to allow them to have a true finale. At the very least people should let their voices be known that ABC should give some kind of assurance or guarantee that you won't get screwed on this show.
                  So...you're just here to rain on the parade? I'm guessing you aren't planning on watching it what with having given up, so you're just spreading nihilism around for the heck of it?

In any case, I'm pretty sure that inevitable failure of all you hold dear isn't really on topic. And perhaps we can let the show get more than two episodes out before we focus on the existential angst that is inevitable cancellation.

Comment

V - Episode 1.03 - A Bright New Day - Sneak Peek

http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/11/v-e...neak-peek.html

Comment

The whole, we come in peace, always. Line is giving me the craps. It's just too corny for modern day, how friggen gullible can people be. Maybe 20 years ago or something, but with all these scams and white collar crime, it just sounds too corny, the aliens have not done their homework.

Comment

well i hope they do NOT cancel V after 4 episodes, ......
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                          If you're a "realist" and don't watch "broadcast" scifi shows...then why are you here commenting on it? Me thinks someone just likes to stir the crapper.

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                          So...you're just here to rain on the parade? I'm guessing you aren't planning on watching it what with having given up, so you're just spreading nihilism around for the heck of it?

In any case, I'm pretty sure that inevitable failure of all you hold dear isn't really on topic. And perhaps we can let the show get more than two episodes out before we focus on the existential angst that is inevitable cancellation.
                          I love your response to SBN. IDK why people can't be positive instead of giving us this "I'm a realist" line. There's a difference between being a realist and being negative.

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                          The whole, we come in peace, always line is giving me the craps. It's just too corny for modern day, how friggen gullible can people be. Maybe 20 years ago or something, but with all these scams and white collar crime, it just sounds too corny, the aliens have not done their homework.
                          *makes mental note to not watch V anywhere near pipi* Sometimes...simplistic messages work best. That way there's nothing to be read into them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                            The whole, we come in peace, always. Line is giving me the craps. It's just too corny for modern day, how friggen gullible can people be. Maybe 20 years ago or something, but with all these scams and white collar crime, it just sounds too corny, the aliens have not done their homework.
                            I like it.....

Comment

What! Science fiction about lizard aliens employs lines that aren't completely realistic? Say it's not so!

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                                What! Science fiction about lizard aliens employs lines that aren't completely realistic? Say it's not so!
                                Who would've thunk it?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X