V (ABC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
    excellent ep...edge of my seat the whole time! great interaction between the fbi chick and the priest. never quite sure who's who or what's what with this show... and that is good! ratings should be good too.
    I certainly hope so.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

As much as I love Scifi, I won't be watching this show anymore. I would rather go back and see Earth Final Conflict (if it ever comes out on DVD). After the second episode I just see no reason to watch this as opposed to a good movie, or reading a good book. Problem is airing on ABC almost guaranteed that this will be as absolutely generic as possible. Where at least if it was on cable or syndication they could be more risky in the characters and plot.

Tell you the truth, even if this was good it probably has zero chances anyways being that it is aired on broadcast TV. Will they really accept 3-4 million viewers? Nope.

Comment

I liked this episode! I spent the whole time thinking, "Is she a lizard?" "Is he a lizard?" It's a very strange thing to be thinking about cutting people's heads open for an hour. LOL I think these 2 episodes would have made a nice 2-hour opening, but what's done is done.

Spoiler:
        Ok, so I want Anna's "closet" thingy. There, I said it.

I wonder if the little V's know what the in charge V's are doing? I somehow suspect they're not all in the loop.

I want all the characters to meet up! Maybe next week.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post

Tell you the truth, even if this was good it probably has zero chances anyways being that it is aired on broadcast TV. Will they really accept 3-4 million viewers? Nope.
          Add 10 million to that number you incorrectly quote above and you'll have the correct number for the premier as it aired on ABC last week. And that number is more than enough to keep it on the air.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Just gotta say, "Anna" is gorgeous.

Comment

In some ways, I liked this episode more than the premiere. Only because it had less corny stuff going on. Although I had to laugh at how they practically fast-forwarded their way through the recap to keep it a minute long. And even then they didn't include the moment where
              Spoiler:
              Tyler gets his Peace Ambassador jacket
              , which we see almost immediately.

Chad and Anna are just awesome together. Still a major favorite of mine.

However, the dialogue on this show is really unnatural in a lot of places. Particularly whenever we get into the "I'm an alien" stuff. And a lot of the teenage lingo. It's like the writers never met any real person in their lives.

Fortunately, the story overall is pretty cool. There were some great moments of tension and action.

I look forward to next week.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              Add 10 million to that number you incorrectly quote above and you'll have the correct number for the premier as it aired on ABC last week. And that number is more than enough to keep it on the air.
              It's almost impossible for the show to keep up numbers like that. Lots of shows have huge premieres. And then more than half of them disappear before the end of the next year. We'll just have to wait and see how far the numbers taper off for "V."

Comment

Originally posted by Joachim View Post
                Just gotta say, "Anna" is gorgeous.
                Of course silly! Its Morena Baccarin!

Comment

Lets not get carried away. More data is needed before we make a longevity assessment of V.

As far as the episode goes I enjoyed it more then the pilot. I can slowly see the plot thread building for the show. The snakes in the V ship remind me of Dianna's conversion chamber in the original miniseries
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Another great episode. More twists/curiosities that make you say...'hm'...

Comment

Add 10 million? You really think down the stretch this show will continue getting 13 million? Lost averaged 11 million last year, and that is Lost. This is not. Life on Mars went from 11 to 5 million and that was enough to get canceled.

And then what? Long hiatus, no definitive return or season 2. Even if this returns next year, the odds are in favor of this show having a continual short leash, ending in almost certain rug pulled out from under scenario. That is just simply life on broadcast TV. Can anyone honestly try to argue that this show is that good it will be the one show to survive, when so many others much better have failed?

Comment

Life on Mars was Life on Mars, Lost was Lost and V is V.

It's got a good spot and regardless of any other show I think it's got a great chance to get a whole season, which is how I take my shows, one at a time.

Comment

I liked the second episode every bit as much as the first. The sense of paranoia as Erica goes through the FBI office, Father Jack's conflicted feelings, skill with which the visitors manipulate people.... It's clear that Tyler is going to get in way too deep and cause his mother no end of grief. Well, he wouldn't be a teenager if he didn't do that, but the stakes are way higher here. I really feel for Ryan, the 'V' traitor. He's got to know he has to leave. The show continues as it began, with sympathetic characters, a tight, interesting plot, and really awesome bad guys.

Can anyone honestly try to argue that this show is that good it will be the one show to survive, when so many others much better have failed?
                          Quality has nothing to do with it. 'Two and a Half Men wasn't pulled by the second episode, and apparently people watch it. That being said, I do think it's good enough and has the potential for mass appeal that some of my favorite cancelled shows, shuch as 'Life', seem to have lacked (although in that particular case, I will never know why).
                          Last edited by amconway; 10 November 2009, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                            Can anyone honestly try to argue that this show is that good it will be the one show to survive, when so many others much better have failed?
                            No, I'm just going to enjoy it while it's on.

If you dislike the network process so much, stay away from it and then you won't have any chance of being disappointed. I'll stay and watch the shows I like, turn off the ones I don't and every once in a while you get lucky and one you like sticks around for awhile.

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                            I liked this episode! I spent the whole time thinking, "Is she a lizard?" "Is he a lizard?" It's a very strange thing to be thinking about cutting people's heads open for an hour. LOL I think these 2 episodes would have made a nice 2-hour opening, but what's done is done.

Spoiler:
                            Ok, so I want Anna's "closet" thingy. There, I said it.

I wonder if the little V's know what the in charge V's are doing? I somehow suspect they're not all in the loop.

I want all the characters to meet up! Maybe next week.
                            Yes I think they should have combined these 2 eps and made the 1st part 1 1/2 hrs and the 2nd part 1/2 hr. And I kept thinking the same thing every time you saw someone and wondering who they really are. I'm suspicious of that older priest.

Spoiler:
                            I agree on the head honcho V's hiding the larger agenda from the everyone else. Let the masses think they are doing something great and they'll be easier to handle. Also probably more convincing to sell the peace idea if they truly believe it.
                            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

As soon as he got that photo on his iPhone, I knew he was going to take it back into his room and close the door

Comment

I saw the second episode, and it was fantastic!

I was surprised that the Visitors were able to intercept the 911 call from Evans and how fast an "spine attack orb" device came at them.

Tyler will have to be careful to hide his uniform from his mother. I wonder if Brandon will have the same trouble.

I think it's great to have a sci-fi series that I can easily access that also is to my tastes. I'm not really into Lost, Heroes, Fringe, Dollhouse, and other stuff like that. I like the final frontier, I like getting out there, I like those kinds of things. I was a big fan of Earth Final Conflict, and I hope to enjoy the V remake as well. Definitely a loyal viewer now.

Comment

Working...
                                X