This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
    Really enjoying Eleventh Hour so far. We've currently only seen 2 of the 4 original UK series episodes remade (The cloning and smallpox episodes) - I'd like to see the other two remade as well, they were good stories (They were about global warming and heavy water, respectively.)

I think Patrick Stewart was a better Jacob Hood than Rufus Sewell. Shame they didn't get him back for the US version. On the other hand, Marley Shelton's portrayal of Rachael Young is miles better than that of Ashley Jensen - she didn't really fit the role IMO.

Hopefully it wont be long before we get to know more about the Gepetto arc (assuming they even intend to go back to that.) The show might grow a bit tedious without at least some over arcing plot.
    I would love for them to bring in Patrick Stewart as a special guest star, for one episode, where they have to join up to work together on case, that would be interesting to see
    I am enjoying this series, but I still think about fringe more, I like the mystery side of fringe more and plus is outer edge science.
    Last edited by knowles2; 21 January 2009, 05:37 AM.

Comment

I absolutely love Eleventh Hour. What is the prognosis for future episodes? — Pam

Spoiler:
      MICKEY: There are six episodes left this season. Look for Meredith Grey's late mom/nemesis (aka Kate Burton) to show up in a similarly antagonistic capacity in a story about stem-cell cloning. If Hood and Burton's character were Facebook friends, their relationship status would say "It's complicated."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...s-1002433.aspx

Comment

I'm worried about the renewal of Eleventh Hour for next season. Can you give me any hope? — Victoria

MICKEY: Let me tell you a secret, Victoria: Hope ain't nothin' but a river in Egypt. (Wait... that's not right.) Eleventh's outlook is positive, and ratings are strong despite a recent decline. That said, no official announcement has been made about a Season 2. Or about those rumors that Marley Shelton is leaving the show.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...s-1003005.aspx

Comment

Marley Shelton would be no great loss to the show, and it would be in keeping we her on screen role, apparently agent have never lasted long working with him, why should she be anything different.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            Marley Shelton would be no great loss to the show
            Agreed. She does an ok job, but the show is all about Dr Hood.
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Watched the first episode in the uk, very good, but it (especially the ending) was taken stright form our version, cheap pilot i suppose.

Very good
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

What is CBS doing with Eleventh Hour now that Harper's Island is coming on during its time slot? — John

MICKEY: There was a very strong rumor last week that Eleventh Hour had been canceled; it sent a wave of panic through my mailbox. My CBS sources say it's not true, but we'll have to wait until the late-May upfronts for a definitive announcement. But, as previously reported, Eleventh had an abbreviated back-end pickup, which means its first season is actually already over, paving the way for this Thursday's premiere of Harper's Island.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...s-1004845.aspx

Comment

Just Watching Cardiac.

In episode 1 I enjoyed going Patrick Stewart could have done that quicker for no real reason.

But Patrick Stewart could have opened the video diary. It would have been too complicated for him, even though he did captain a starship(Rufus Sewell never did that) and brake that complex code on a computer (Rufus Sewell hasn't done that yet, but he wont be as good as PS)

So Far, I've really like the series
                  People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

3 or 4 of the episodes are copies of the UK version, the miracle water, and a follow up to the pilot iirc. The rest of them are original, and I'm going to be mighty p***** off if it has been cancelled as I really liked it.

Comment

Eleventh Hour - Cancelled

CBS has canceled Without A Trace and renewed Numb3rs. I'm told Eye execs had one slot left, and they went with Numb3rs because it's less expensive to produce. CBS has also dropped Eleventh Hour and renewed How I Met Your Mother, Gary Unmarried, Rules of Engagement, and Old Christine
                      http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/...ive-witho.html

Comment

Working...
                      X