This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGLAB View Post
    But so far I must admit I don't know what it is about Hood that holds me more. I do find I like Rachel more than the female characters of the other two shows.
    Cuz she ran through a hallway half naked b/c Hood forgot to turn off his pager? XD Or maybe b/c she loves sweets

May I throw in ReGenesis as one of the first shows that dealt with (real) scientific problems?
    sigpic

Comment

One of the things I like best is that its actually science stuff that I understand, I find myself finishing the sentences.

Comment

Seen all 5 eps. Quite enjoying this show. Realistic events + explanations. Like the Dr Hood character/Rufus Sewell.

I'd say that it is better than Fringe, which is a similar new show.
        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Really enjoying Eleventh Hour so far. We've currently only seen 2 of the 4 original UK series episodes remade (The cloning and smallpox episodes) - I'd like to see the other two remade as well, they were good stories (They were about global warming and heavy water, respectively.)

I think Patrick Stewart was a better Jacob Hood than Rufus Sewell. Shame they didn't get him back for the US version. On the other hand, Marley Shelton's portrayal of Rachael Young is miles better than that of Ashley Jensen - she didn't really fit the role IMO.

Hopefully it wont be long before we get to know more about the Gepetto arc (assuming they even intend to go back to that.) The show might grow a bit tedious without at least some over arcing plot.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
            Really enjoying Eleventh Hour so far. We've currently only seen 2 of the 4 original UK series episodes remade (The cloning and smallpox episodes) - I'd like to see the other two remade as well, they were good stories (They were about global warming and heavy water, respectively.)

I think Patrick Stewart was a better Jacob Hood than Rufus Sewell. Shame they didn't get him back for the US version. On the other hand, Marley Shelton's portrayal of Rachael Young is miles better than that of Ashley Jensen - she didn't really fit the role IMO.

Hopefully it wont be long before we get to know more about the Gepetto arc (assuming they even intend to go back to that.) The show might grow a bit tedious without at least some over arcing plot.
            technically Patrick Stewart was "Ian Hood" not Jacob
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

When the smallpox one first began I thouht wow, indians + blankets + undisturbed burial chamber = perfect place to get infected with smallpox ( thats how the british defeated them) but I guess it was somthing else, had to go some where so I didn't get to see the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                technically Patrick Stewart was "Ian Hood" not Jacob
                Lol. Good point that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                  When the smallpox one first began I thouht wow, indians + blankets + undisturbed burial chamber = perfect place to get infected with smallpox ( thats how the british defeated them) but I guess it was somthing else, had to go some where so I didn't get to see the end of it.
                  Small pox wouldn't survive that long. It needs tissue. An infection has to be pretty serious, or lets say the virus has to stay in a body for a long period of time before you could find traces of it in the bones. With small pox you don't live that long. Plus, there is no more small pox that is naturally occuring, a few labs still have it (for research) though.

I really liked this week's episode. Interesting topic.

Still, for me Fringe is the better show. I can't tell you why, I just enjoy it more than 11th Hour.

Has nobody ever seen ReGenesis? That was a brilliant show about scientific problems! And definitely closer to reality than 11th Hour or Fringe.
                  sigpic

Comment

Lol. Good point that.
                    , is Ian not a very american name or something?
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis View Post
                      Small pox wouldn't survive that long. It needs tissue. An infection has to be pretty serious, or lets say the virus has to stay in a body for a long period of time before you could find traces of it in the bones. With small pox you don't live that long. Plus, there is no more small pox that is naturally occuring, a few labs still have it (for research) though.
                      A virus doesn't exactly need tissue all it needs is organic matter but that will only keep the organism alive for so long, And it could stay alive on a abiotic surface for a even shorter time. And the rest of the information you restated is pretty basic.

But like I stated it was my intial thought, and since the organism is hurt by sunlight and air you can see why i came to that conclusion within 30 seconds of it starting.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                        A virus doesn't exactly need tissue all it needs is organic matter but that will only keep the organism alive for so long, And it could stay alive on a abiotic surface for a even shorter time. And the rest of the information you restated is pretty basic.

But like I stated it was my intial thought, and since the organism is hurt by sunlight and air you can see why i came to that conclusion within 30 seconds of it starting.
                        That's all true, my point was that the virus didn't have any of that in that closed cave and therefor couldn't not have survived all these years.
                        sigpic

Comment

CBS has requested five additional episodes of sci-fi drama Eleventh Hour.

The new instalments will bring the season run to 18 shows, reports Entertainment Weekly.

Eleventh Hour is currently ranked the 20th most-watched primetime show, averaging 12 million viewers.

Jerry Bruckheimer's project, which is an adaptation of a 2006 British mini-series, stars Rufus Sewell and Marley Shelton.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a13...enth-hour.html

Comment

Good news
                            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                              Good news
                              I second that!!!!

Comment

Question: Any news on Eleventh Hour? -- Victor

Ausiello: Mariel Hemingway has closed a deal to guest star later this season as a woman whose children get taken hostage by a terrorist.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/01/...siello--2.html

Comment

Working...
                                X