Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    BTW, the Serenity in the window was a complete coincidence- it just happened to be the way the pots were arranged. Or so Jed Whedon claimed on the Horrible fansite.
    Of course it was...

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
      Am I the only one who can imagine a live show of this musical?

Expanded of course to cover more than 30 minutes. I think it would make a really brilliant live experience.
      If they could retain at least Harris I'd see it. And he does do those types of live shows during his hiatus.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Is it just me or did Penny's songs all have a certain sameness to them? "Helping Hand" and "Story of a Girl" are certainly the same, anyway. Makes me wonder if there's a deeper meaning to the fact that she's basically a one-note (or one-song) character.

As for the ending (I'm gonna tag it until tomorrow, just in case)
        Spoiler:
        I'm sure Doctor Horrible blames himself for what happened, but technically it's Captain Hammer's fault. If he hadn't punched the Doc then the gun would never have been damaged. And if he hadn't tried to kill him instead of just arresting him, for instance, the gun would never have exploded.

All the more reason to hate Captain Hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          So would I. Except I'm glad I'm not. Can the DVDs come out real soon please? And the soundtrack.
          I'm buying both.

And then I'm buying yours.
          Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          If they could retain at least Harris I'd see it. And he does do those types of live shows during his hiatus.
          Yeah so I read on wiki. He plays the part so well, like it comes naturally to him. I'd like to see the first live show performed by the original actors, and then maybe after their contracts are up, do a little experimenting with the cast, like they have done with the multiple stage shows of the Producers. Another film translated beautifully into Broadway.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

After thinking about it, I think the real heartbreaker was Penny's last line in Act III.

Spoiler:
            "Captain Hammer will save us."

Even if Penny had lived, I'm not so sure she'd want to hook up with Dr. Horrible and live happily ever after.

Comment

I have mixed feelings about Act 3.

Singing style was different than the previous acts. Slower + some parts sad. More individual too. Still good lyrics though.

Wasn't as much fun as previous acts, but it was really good character transformation and tragic story.
              Spoiler:
              DH accidentally killing Penny makes him truly evil and he feels no pain now, meanwhile his nemesis finally feels pain.

Didn't like the Groupies/fans and CH and his girl/sex jokes got a bit to much.

Everyone one is a hero song was probably the best of the ep.

A man's got to do was probably my fav of all the acts. Also liked It's a brand new day + Laundry/Freezeray one.
              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I still say it's all Captain Hammer's fault.

Comment

My fav songs are;

- It's A Brand New Day (Act II)
                  - The World Will Burn (Act III)
                  - A Man's Gotta Do What A Man's Gotta Do (Act I)
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

I really loved every song of Act II.

I agree that Penny's songs all sounded similar, but I think they were supposed to.

I also agree that it was Hammer's fault:
                    Spoiler:
                    He damaged the weapon, then tried to kill Horrible with it, even after Horrible's warnings. Actually they were probably equally complicit.
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Best songs IMHO

1. Brand new day

2. Evil inside of me

3. Everyones a hero

Comment

I wasn't too fond of Everyone's a Hero...I dunno why, I really liked Evil Inside of Me though.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
                          After thinking about it, I think the real heartbreaker was Penny's last line in Act III.

Spoiler:
                          "Captain Hammer will save us."

Even if Penny had lived, I'm not so sure she'd want to hook up with Dr. Horrible and live happily ever after.
                          Yeah, it's so sad because Penny was the one with the right idea while Horrible and Hammer were simply selfish, but they got all the attention because they were flashy. Ironically it was PENNY who could "save us", hugely in part because she believed in the goodness of others.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            I still say it's all Captain Hammer's fault.
                            What a guy! I definitely think he's got some blame to claim.

I cannot get over how funny his face is on those Captain Hammer t-shirts...

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            Yeah, it's so sad because Penny was the one with the right idea while Horrible and Hammer were simply selfish, but they got all the attention because they were flashy. Ironically it was PENNY who could "save us", hugely in part because she believed in the goodness of others.
                            There's a depressing message in there somewhere about the state of our world I'm sure. Oh Joss Whedon!
                            "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

i tried watching the whole thing last night but it didn't load properly, it got up to the first song before it got really jumpy and didn't play properly and that was after about 2 hours of trying, i don't know if it's because it was in high demand or the internet i was using was being slow, but now i've missed my chance
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

I didn't even get that far. It said it was unavailable--and it was not anywhere close to midnight in any time zone in the US....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
                                X