Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dushku wants role in 'Dr. Horrible 2'

Eliza Dushku has said that she would like to appear in the sequel to Joss Whedon's Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

The actress, who stars in producer Whedon's recently cancelled Dollhouse, told Popeater that she would jump at the chance to join the proposed follow-up to the popular web project.

"Absolutely! If Joss calls me after this. But no, really I would love to, and [Joss's brother] Jed and Maurissa [Tancharoen] are so talented and so much fun. And if we all... if it comes about, I would love to audition," she explained.

Writers Jed and Tancharoen both collaborated with Joss on Dollhouse and Dr. Horrible.

Joss confirmed that a Dr. Horrible update is in the works earlier this year. Stars Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion are expected to return.
    Link.
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Oh, lords above, PLEASE no. I'm worried enough about the sequel as it is without them tying an anchor like that around its neck. No Eliza, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        Oh, lords above, PLEASE no. I'm worried enough about the sequel as it is without them tying an anchor like that around its neck. No Eliza, please.
        My first impression as well.

Fortunately, this seems to be just an answer to a reporter's question rather than anything solid. I can't blame Eliza for wanting to be a part of Dr. Horrible. Working on a project like that has got to be pretty fun.

Whatever happens, I'm really looking forward to Dr. Horrible 2.

Comment

Not super newsy, but I wrote about my dinner with NPH and we did discuss Dr Horrible (and the sequel) a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            Not super newsy, but I wrote about my dinner with NPH and we did discuss Dr Horrible (and the sequel) a bit.
            That's awesome. That was a good movie, there's a sequel?

Comment

Sort of. Joss has some songs written but with everyone being busy with their own projects it's hard to find the time. Doesn't sound like it will be any time soon.

Comment

Dang, that's a shame. Neil and the guy that played Mal are too big stars right now, probably in heavy demand. I haven't seen Castle yet.

Comment

Working...
                X