This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David
    The light poles are key to allowing you to access only one particular age. (Not going to tell you how to use them, though). Each age has a puzzle in order to access it -- let alone the puzzles in the ages themselves. You have to play with plants to access the "Tree," age, etc.

I really want to get back to Revelation but, alas, GateWorld 2.0 is at the top of my summer priority list.
    I was stuck for a while. I thought the marble thingie in the hole was the access point for all three tusks, but repeated lining up of the marbles was useless. I looked at one hint and realized I had two more puzzles to solve. I've got a couple of games going so I'm now in each one of the other worlds. What can I say? I have a short attention span. I suppose it goes along with reading more than one book at a time. Not to mention reading the end of the book first (if the end isn't any good, why read the book?).

A big problem I'm having (and I'm having it with Myst & Riven, also), is keeping the geography and various islands in mind while I'm exploring and trying to solve puzzles. It's so time-consuming and tedious to be at one spot and realize you have to go all the way around, or double back, or something irritating in order to get something done.

Am I the only one who HATES the Edanna (sp?) Age? There just isn't much to it and it's frustrating to try to figure out what's going on.

So sorry you're tied up with this most wonderful website! I hope you can get back to Myst soon.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Can you describe "Edanna?"

Comment

Can you describe "Edanna?"
        Did I get the name wrong? I'm notoriously unobservant (probably why it takes me so long with these games). It's the plant world...up a plant elevator, down a plant elevator--not much else going on. Well, except for the sunflower and the popping and puffing.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

The sunflower popping and puffing is key to energy transfer, which will open other doorways.

Comment

The sunflower popping and puffing is key to energy transfer, which will open other doorways.
            I gathered that. I found one underground place once, but I haven't been able to find my way back there. Probably because I can't keep a visual map in my head so I never know which stupid plant staircase I'm using.

Comment

It's quite a big tree. But fortunately it's relatively straightforward in most sections of it. You shouldn't have much trouble once you completely get the lay of the land.

Comment

Yay I found a Myst thread!

I've played all games exept Riven, but the only one I've finished is Uru!
                I'd love to play Uru: Live, I hear it's going back online soon!

(and I just realized nobody has posted here in years. Uh, yeah... >_>' )

Comment

I have all five Myst games, but I haven't completed any of them. I'm trying to play them, but I misplaced one of the Riven discs and my grandson destroyed the one Exiles disc that I need to play the game. Grrr!

I don't have any of the Uru stuff, but it's on my list to buy....

Comment

I have all the Myst games too and also have not played them all! I got the last 2 dirt cheap at $5 each from a Zellers store that was closing so that's the only reason I got them and haven't played them yet because I'm not finished the others. I have to wait to move and unpack everything to find the games anyway. Have few games out for the kids to play with until we move.

My son will be 10 son. You guys think he might be able to get Myst? He loves solving puzzle games and sci-fi/fantasy stuff. I will probably have to help him though . I think I have the guides for the first 3 games.
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Hey, you guys

You can play Uru:Live now, at http://mystonline.com/en/

Comment

I have played all of them except IV: Revelation... I'm not too sure about Uru though. . . Though it would be awesome to explore the D'ni city ... before it was gassed by Veovis

(I've read all three books of Myst: Atrus, Ti'ana, and D'ni).
                        sigpic
                        Don't touch Lola

Comment

Not sure if you meant it that way, but in Uru you're in the city AFTER Veovis gasses it.

... but I do love Veovis He's like my favortie Myst-villain of all time!

Comment

Working...
                          X