Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't picked it up yet. Funny, I hadn't thought of the games until just the other day when I realized I never finished URU. (see the computer died and I had to replace the harddrive. I hadn't backup the game and had to start all over. Did enjoy that thought and never got back to it.)

Anyway, I thought about it and got up on the web to see if there were any new games. Lo and behold, there is. I plan to get it soon. But then I'll get so involved in the game, I'll have three things to vie for my time....RL, GW and Myst. What's a gal to do.
    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Markey, how far in are you? I'm on Spire and trying to solve Sirrus' elevator puzzle. Kinda hard because my video driver is out of date and the fog penetrates everything it shouldn't be because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Notes?? You have to take notes in this game?!
        By golly do you, unless you have photographic memory. In Myst, the library contains most of the information you will need to get you to the different Ages, but since you can't take the books out of the library, you'd better have a notepad to jot down the clues you're given in Atrus' journals.

Comment

Well I've been to Spire and gotten right down to the bottom, I've managed to light up the panels with 4 lights and 7 lights on up the max. I can ride the elevator and have viewed basically everything, although havn't been to the very bottom floor of the elevator since activitating the control boxes with the full amount of lights. I'm now back in Tomahna and have been looking around, I quite right before I was about to enter the code into the spines of the bookcase . I've been to the other world as well but couldn't find anything to do anywhere to go apart from moving a stone on the floor. Where are you? (Try not to give a away too many spoilers thanks!)

I find the photographing option really useful for taking notes, although I have to say that I wish there was a print button because I had to print screen then paste into a photo program to print one program which was really inefficient.

Comment

Originally posted by David
            By golly do you, unless you have photographic memory. In Myst, the library contains most of the information you will need to get you to the different Ages, but since you can't take the books out of the library, you'd better have a notepad to jot down the clues you're given in Atrus' journals.
            You're evil, David. Pure, unadulterated evil.

Comment

Just got mine after work. I still have to download and begin playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Markey2
                Where are you? (Try not to give a away too many spoilers thanks!)
                SPOILERS up to Markey's position only.
                I was so distraught at the beginning because I thought I made the mistake that destroyed the sound machines, sending Atrus away and starting this whole journey. Did you make the same mistake? Is it POSSIBLE to get the sounds correct for the second Age and have the machine work??

I hope you used the amulet when you arrived in Achenar's age, the one with the tilted boat. Because it reveals that it's the Age Yeesha escaped to. Frankly if I were Yeesha, being trapped in the fireplace and escaping to only one of those two ages, I probably would've decided the warm and dry one, too. I also think it's fascinating that the family set up cages so that they could visit the sons, complete with blaring horns to let S or A know that someone had just arrived. On Achenar's age, that one rock is the only one you can move, which leads me to believe the programmers are saying that we will be coming back to look for Yeesha later and that other Ages must have problems solved first. That rock barrier will probably be smashed later.

I haven't figured out the combination to the books in Yeesha's room, though I BET you it leads to the floor beneath her room, where when we return from our first Age out Achenar beams himself away and leaves the book there. We'll have to figure out the bookshelf combination to get downstairs and follow him. I imagine that's the Age of Serrenia.

Any clues on the bookshelf? There's some writing on the kitchen table outside the kitchen hut. I have a REAL problem with the D'ni language because the letters are too similar. I suspected the combination was the piece of paper next to the book, but since one of them is obstructed, I doubt it.

As far as Sirrus' age is concerned, those switches left and right generate a combination that powers a certain number of "units" every time. not all of them should be on for the ship to be in the right place to go accross to the other "island." When I got to the other side, I didn't find anything worthwhile. As far as the elevator goes, it seems that it only will go all the way down when things on the surface are exactly correct. Any thoughts?

Comment

I don't like Sirrus' age in that the paths are not clear cut, and if you have an outdated graphics card, it makes it all the more difficult to play. I had the same problem with the "plant" Age from Myst III - felt bad that I had to look up answers because there was a secret tunnel I simply could not see on my monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                    SPOILERS up to Markey's position only.
                    I was so distraught at the beginning because I thought I made the mistake that destroyed the sound machines, sending Atrus away and starting this whole journey. Did you make the same mistake? Is it POSSIBLE to get the sounds correct for the second Age and have the machine work??
                    I made the same mistake. I don't think it is possible to get the sounds correct for the 2nd Ag, either. THis is where I have ended for now, until later.

Comment

It sounds like I may have to hijack the gatelet's computer to play. I have a 3yr old laptop and had a difficult time playing Myst III on. It's good to know now instead of getting frustrated at the game and not want to play it because I couldn't find my way around.

sigpic

Comment

If I run into any problems, I'll just pester David. And pester, and pester, and pester, and pester...

Comment

SPOILERS for up to where David and me seem to be:

David, just to say that last night I found a way to get to the Ship and around more of the island in Achenars age. I think the sound waves thing at the start always happens, I got the second one pretty much dead on and it still blew.

The book case thing, if you look around more on Tomahna you'll find significant clues on how to do it although I still don't know how to do it, the symbols are soo similiar for completely different letters.

BTW the writing on the table next to the code book is just "Yeesha" I think she was practising how to wright her name.

Comment

Ok I'm heading back to Achenar's age tonight. I've had enough fun on Sirrus' age for the time being. The environment is starting to depress me. How's that for realism?

Comment

Got Myst today, David. I want to apologize. You aren't pure, unadulterated evil, you're evil, incarnate!

I'll let you know when I've decided to speak to you again. Probably about the time I come groveling for clues...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                Got Myst today, David. I want to apologize. You aren't pure, unadulterated evil, you're evil, incarnate!

I'll let you know when I've decided to speak to you again. Probably about the time I come groveling for clues...
                                Hey, If you still feel you need to be on a no-talking with David, I'd be happy to load the game and try to remember how to play (it's been almost 10 years since I last played it). It might take me a day or two, but I'd be happy to help.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X