This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Got Myst today, David. I want to apologize. You aren't pure, unadulterated evil, you're evil, incarnate!
    I don't get it - you like it so much that you'll be absorbed into it (explaining where you've been, perhaps?) Or really DON'T like it and I wasted everyone's time and mail?

Comment

It means I get extremely frustrated by things I don't understand. Although I've just figured out the tower. I think. One less nail in your coffin.

Except it seems to make my computer cranky and the game has poofed twice so far. Once right before I was about to figure something out. *sigh*

This is months of torture. I WILL pay you back in March.

And thank you, since I neglected to say that before. Although I'm still not sure if I'm speaking to you.

Comment

The tower is the key.. Literally... If you've seen the key, then you're in good shape. And no, it won't take months.

And save your game.

Comment

I got bit further on Sirrus' age but can't figure out how to get all the power working (i.e. the right panel on the circuit board) After a while I just was going round in circles on Acenars cage so that annoyed me.

Comment

I was reduced to using the Help System in Sirrus' rock age, but even THAT is unreliable, becaues the entire thing is built on a crude, "old-fashioned" looking map. It spends so much time looking like a Myst product that it becomes inherently difficult to use. Not very helpful. And all of it's icons are labeled with vague drawings of their objects that forces you to take what some of these machines do "on faith," like a "musical intrument," etc.

Comment

Right now I am stuck on getting the cystal viewer back online. I believe that I have the colors right, according to the Artus jounal but the shapes are wrong.

I had to download an updated driver to get parts of the game to show. When I did the game graphics were much better.

Comment

Yeah the latest version of DirectX is required. It does help considerably. Not perfect, but improved

Comment

I don't want to use the help system but what kind of tips does it give you? I might have to look at it, I don't know.

Comment

There are three levels. The first isn't really that helpful, it's extremely vague. The second level pops you with a warning that your game experience might be altered but it points you in the correct direction - if you can discern what it's saying - for the most part it just confused me more. The third level gives you step-by-step instructions. I've only glanced at it, though.

Comment

I got to Serrenia last night having solved the Bookcase thing, it took me ages though! Serrenias amazing and the plot thickens somewhat. I also got to the other "Spire" in Spire (using the ship) although it wasn't much help. I havn't been back to Achenar's age because it annoys me.

Comment

Any -clue- as to where you obtained the right combination? Atrus and Catherine's bedroom? The Kitchen? Spire? Is it necessary to translate the D'ni text or can you get around that annoyance?

Is it necessary to complete Spire before you get the bookcase solved?

Comment

Suffer suffer suffer suffer. Not that I'm vindictive or anything... Eventually I'll be playing Revelation, too. *sigh* Then I bleed you dry for info.

Comment

Suffer suffer suffer suffer. Not that I'm vindictive or anything... Eventually I'll be playing Revelation, too. *sigh* Then I bleed you dry for info.
                            *whispers to Shadows* Eventually I cheated on the first three. I broke down and got the walkthrough.

*out loud*
                            I'm at the chair in Spire right now. Just got there and hadn't play it since though I plan to tonight.

Comment

Well that's a good sign that you're enjoying the game!!

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                                I'm at the chair in Spire right now. Just got there and hadn't play it since though I plan to tonight.
                                What I'm beginning to not like about Revelation is what I also didn't care for with Riven. There really is no direction. Any one objective can come before the other. I prefer my gameplay to be linear. In III when you got inside the tower you were told what you were supposed to do, and in tern you visited the three ages and took care of business but, like Riven, Revelation sends you almost anywhere at any point in the game. It's very confusing because you can easily end up wandering.

Wandering is good from the exploring perspective, but me, I'm linear.

Comment

Working...
                                X