X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David
    Myst V? So Soon?????

Yep. Cyan is actually making this one, unlike 3 and 4. It's very likely following up on Uru's storyline, and it is realtime 3D, like Uru.

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Will it be 3rd person? Cause a lot of people hated that - it sort of takes the romance out of what makes Myst Myst.

Comment

Originally posted by David
        Will it be 3rd person? Cause a lot of people hated that - it sort of takes the romance out of what makes Myst Myst.
        Nope. First Person. No avatars.

-IMF
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
          Yep. Cyan is actually making this one, unlike 3 and 4. It's very likely following up on Uru's storyline, and it is realtime 3D, like Uru.

-IMF
          I liked Uru so I be glad when this one is coming out.

IMF, did you get on line with Uru? I did.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
            I liked Uru so I be glad when this one is coming out.

IMF, did you get on line with Uru? I did.
            Yes, as I mentioned above, I was an online tester for Uru from March 2002 when Uru was in it's pre-alpha state (and not yet called Uru), through to it's launch. My name is in the credits book, and I gave an online demo in Philadelphia with Rand Miller and Richard Watson. So... yes, I did get online.

And you can get online again with the Until Uru link I left above.

-IMF
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I didn't realise a fourth game had come out at all.

I have the first three and got URU last year. Unfortunately my pc was not up to spec for URU so I had to upgrade. Which was a complete disaster and I ended up have the new graphics card it needed to run the game taking out. I only got to play that game for a couple of days so never completed the offline part, let alone the online registration.

Will have to check what sort of specs Revelations needs. I suspect more than this machine has but glad to hear the series is continuing.

Comment

Well, I see the thread has died, sort of, but I felt like adding my two cents. I just installed the game, I got my pad of engineering note paper out, pencil, drafting eraser, steel ruler, and compass out.

I liked the sinewave/audio puzzle, an FFT machine would have made that a lot easier.

Comment

I haven't gotten around to installing Myst 2 on my laptop yet. It went funky the first time and I've been reluctant to try again...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                    I liked the sinewave/audio puzzle, an FFT machine would have made that a lot easier.
                    I have to say I found that particular puzzle irritating. SINEWAVE
                    Spoiler:
                    Since there's no way to win it,
                    I couldn't help but find it baffling.

Comment

Anyone beat the game yet? I got lost in trying to figure out the family tree puzzle. IMO the family tree image is so fuzzy that I cannot distinguish any of the names from the bookshelf in Yeesha's room.

Comment

What do you mean there was no way to win it? Just follow Atrus' instructions. However, as an ECE, I don't think the puzzle was technically acurate, but hey, it's just a game.

I must admit, I found the bookshelf puzzle very difficult due to the lack of detail in the images. You can get a clear image of Yesha's, Atrus's, and Catherine's names without the family tree, if you know where to look. I tried looking at just the first and last letters/sounds but you have to be careful b/c there are a couple of names that are similar but incorrect. It took me forever to figure out which ones were wrong and which were right. I've gone through one prison again (Haven) and I'm now in Serenia. I get the feeling I went a little out of order, like I should have done Spire first, but I don't think it matters. The interesting thing is, you don't really get much out of Haven, just some information (and set a trigger in the games script). I remember Myst, Riven, and Exile having a clearer path/set of objectives.

Comment

I felt it was high time to resurrect this thread, considering there are so few threads that I've actually l o v e d to read, and this was one of them (yes, I know, I'm a sap when it comes to Myst).

How many of you guys beat Revelation? I really got tied up in a lot of sections and, I guess, have largely given up for now since I'm almost totally submerged in large updates for the Stargate Omnipedia. I have difficulty with games where one ofjective, and then another and another, don't leap out at you. It doesn't matter which world you go to, but somehow the story is furthered. Hmph.

Shadow, have you caught up with us yet? Not a peep from you in the longest time about this.

Has anyone visited the Myst: End of Ages Web site? I don't think I care for animated people, and I'm seriously hoping that Atrus and his family are not digital.

Comment

^^^
                            Unfortunately I think the characters are all digital for Myst V. The Myst V demo will be out at the end of this month, according to:

www.mysterium.ch

I haven't played Myst IV, been waiting to get a DVD drive upgrade...but I'm looking forward to it. Seems like Myst was medium, Riven was HARD, Exile was medium, and Myst IV will be HARD all over again...

With Myst V I'm looking forward to revisiting the original Myst island, if that's possible...it shows up in the trailer.

And did anyone think 'Myst' when they saw that book in "Avalon, pt 2"? I thought--hey a Linking Book back to Earth!
                            sigpic

Comment

I must say I didn't think of any Myst references in Avalon, but that would've been funny if Daniel touched a hand to the book ... [ins. Myst WOOSH SFX].

Reportedly Myst V will be free-motion, not locked into positions. I saw the island in the trailer again, but I doubt you'll be able to do things like climb into the rocket and be whisked away, etc. When you think about it it is now a pretty simple map, so I imagine we'll be able to walk around on it and take a peak inside the library, which is good enough for me.

But the digital man just seemed phony to me. Nowhere near the quality of, say, the engines that governed Half-Life 2.

Myst IV has been the most graphically stunning in the entire series. I just hope giving a free range of movement doesn't rob the picture of the quality it has possessed.

Comment

I can see that everyone is far (FAR) beyond me. I bought Myst when it first came out and spent many happy hours (okay, days) wandering through that game. I finally had to set it aside, though. Anyway, my son-in-law gave me the Myst/Riven/Exile package and I've been dabbling in each one since I graduated last month.

My biggest problem right now--and I'm wondering if there is a way around it--is the spaceship. I absolutely cannot get the notes to line up. I'm terrible about hearing tones anyway and with the wind noise, I just can't get it. Is there a way around that particular puzzle?

Thanks for your help.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
                                X