X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vapor
    My two cents on Charmed.

The fourth sister gag was only done because of Shannen Doherty leaving (sorry to any die-hard fans of hers, but I say good riddance) the show, and I was actually okay with this. Personally, it gave the show a lot of new life, and I didn't have a problem with it.

The worst thing was when they killed Cole. I don't know if that was Julian McMahon or the producers, but I didn't like that very much. Especially seeing as how it almost felt like they didn't have ANYTHING left to do, storywise, after that for a long, long time. Then came the "take every last fairy tale you could ever think of and turn it into a story" phase, which I wasn't too jazzed about.

This season though, it seems to be getting a *little* bit more on track. This whole thing with the Avatars is actually interesting. And I really hope that the next love interest Phoebe meets actually sticks around. I mean, honestly, I'm tired of these guys that show up and then, a few weeks down the road, vanish from her life.

I'm hoping this Agent Brody-guy is actually evil though. That'd be a real shocker, but... "Charmed" isn't the type of show to really do much shocking for me, so... not expecting it.
    Julian decided to leave himslef which really is a shame- where I don't want him back after they killed him I did like Julian alot he's a great actor and now I love him in nip tuck. I haven't seens any of the new series yet but fromwhat I've heard they're amking it much better than the past two-
    apparently the reason season 5 sucked so much was because the tv network told the producers that the seasonbefore was too much of a story and people who only watched a few episodes couldn't keep up with the story so they had to make season 5 choppy- so if someone started watching the show half way through the season thy wouldn't have missed anything they owuld've just been able to catch up but this season the producers have decided to make it more of a set storyline for the whole season again which I think is a very good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
      apparently the reason season 5 sucked so much was because the tv network told the producers that the seasonbefore was too much of a story and people who only watched a few episodes couldn't keep up with the story so they had to make season 5 choppy- so if someone started watching the show half way through the season thy wouldn't have missed anything they owuld've just been able to catch up but this season the producers have decided to make it more of a set storyline for the whole season again which I think is a very good idea.
      Ouch, must have been the wrong time for Angel then, since thats probably one of the reasons why theWB decided to cancel Angel, because of on-going storylines in each episode, which i don't get since the 'previously on Angel...' pretty much helps you in what is relavent to the episode that your about to watch. Since Charmed never used to have, 'Previously on Charmed...' i sometimes (ok me being me, got lost a lot) was lost, haha...

SideNote: The most recent Charmed Episode in ratings got a 2.4/4 in overnights, while some people can argue Halloween may have been a factor, i don't see how that can be since the other shows weren't down by a lot.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
        According to tvshowsondvd.com the show is set to make it's DVD debut in late 2005. This is due to contractual issues.

News about Charmed on TvShowsOnDvd.com
        A quick update on the above. tvshowsondvd.com is now reporting that the street date for the first season of Charmed on DVD is February 1, 2005 (see article here )

I also found the following tid bit in a bit older story, on the same site, that didn't have the exact street date:

"Paramount planned to get future releases out every three months: February, May, August, November, and so on. We don't know for sure that this is the studio's release plan, but the pattern it represents is very similar to that of other hot TV-on-DVD releases from them, including today's announcement of MacGyver. Stay tuned!"

Looks like Charmed fans will have to start saving up
        Last edited by ibwolf; 10 November 2004, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
          tvshowsondvd.com is now reporting that the street date for the first season of Charmed on DVD is February 1, 2005 (see article here )
          About time Charmed came out on DVD!

I'm so broke right now though. I'd better win the lottery before February.
          "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

Am I the only one who has the deja-vu feeling.

First Cole becomes an avatar, and uses his powers to get phoebe back, now Leo becomes an avatar to get Piper back.
            Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

I still say it would be cool to reveal Agent Brody as evil... Ain't gonna happen though.

Comment

Since now i have only been watching episodes that seem to be interesting, in which last nights episode wasn't to me, but from what you guys have said, i guess i would get a deja vu feeling as well with Leo and the avatar story. Charmed should sway away from this.

Comment

That last ep didn't look good at all. In fact, it looked downright annoying. But once we got halfway through, it got better to me, and the stupid film noir thing didn't feel so... well, stupid anymore.

Comment

It kind of reminded me of Sky Captain, although that was color, i don't know why, haha...

Comment

As sketchy as the Avatars seem I'm still open to the idea that they're not evil (but not exactly good either). I think it would be way too predictable for Leo to get all dark and evil especially with the Cole parallel that people have already mentioned.

Although, if they move the story towards a place without good or evil then where would the sisters fit in?

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

I've always thought the Avatars were the 'good/bad' kind of like the Cleaners, which i think was a stupid idea to introduce so late in the series, which i think the same for the Avatars.

Comment

I still don't see why they needed Leo, he obviously isn't as strong as Cole was (he got sucked into the nexus and came back two seconds later, Leo can't even withstand the book without help).
                          Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

leo being evil owuld be a really stupid thing to do- the whole point of him is that he's an angel he's a good guy. I think he'll just struggle with being so powerful and then be all happy again- hopefully as much as i like Leo this whole Whiney thing is starting to get annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
                              leo being evil owuld be a really stupid thing to do- the whole point of him is that he's an angel he's a good guy. I think he'll just struggle with being so powerful and then be all happy again- hopefully as much as i like Leo this whole Whiney thing is starting to get annoying.
                              I agree, i miss the old Leo back in Season 1-3 But not, he has evolved into a child.

Comment

Tv shows on DVD have reported that the below is the cover art of the first season.

Also you can preorder the set from Amazon for $34.99 (release date Febuary, 1st as noted earlier in the thread).

Comment

Working...
                                X