Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, they should have just let him become an avatar and stopped there. So that he could come back and do a guest role someday
    Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
      I used to watch. The show had potential, but rather then build on it the show got increasingly irrational, silly and boring. I finally gave up watching shortly after they magically (no pun intended) pulled a fourth sister out of a nearby convenient hat.
      The absolute same with me. I really liked the dynamics with Shannon Doherty there, whereas this strange Marilyn-Manson-girlfriend just annoyed me. Haven't watched more than 5 minutes (altogether) ever since, the last thing I caught was Phoebe as a mermaid... that was enough to change the channel once and for all.

I never watched Angel (can't stand David Boreanaz), but really liked Buffy from season 4 onwards. I'd say story-telling was better on Buffy than on Charmed, but I never warmed to many of the Buffy characters, whereas I really liked Prue, Piper and Cole.

Originally posted by ibwolf
      At present it's only reedeming values is the babe-age factor provided by Alyssa Milano and the fact that it's set in SF (my favorite city).
      Alyssa Milano is one of the things that annoyed me most as the show went on and especially the way her character reacted to the death of her sister... that was not well done, IMO. They also did something very wrong with her hair.

Comment

actually, i like paige a lot better then i liked prue..i think shannon doherty gets on my nerves, whereas there's something vulnerable and sweet about paige. i'm a fervent leo/piper shipper, so keeping them apart is annoying me intensely, and i was a phoebe/cole shipper...but that went out the window. now i don't like any of jphoebe's boyfriends, and i still don't like chris. julain mcmahon said it was wierd being on Charmed, one minute you're doing something silly, and the next minute you're into this intense, heavily emotional scene. that's what i like about it, the silliness, plus the very strong emotions. these girls really behave like girly girl, with sexy outfits, and giggling, and silly jokes and so on, then the next minute, they're saving the world again (if the world doesn't start giving me some respect, i'm gonna stop saving it every week...phoebe). it's not something i watch obsessivly, nor bu dvd's for not write fanfic for, but it's fun. it's my TV chocolate
        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by trinity1013
          The absolute same with me. I really liked the dynamics with Shannon Doherty there, whereas this strange Marilyn-Manson-girlfriend just annoyed me. Haven't watched more than 5 minutes (altogether) ever since, the last thing I caught was Phoebe as a mermaid... that was enough to change the channel once and for all.
          Funnily enough, the episode with Phoebe as a mermaid was also the last one I've seen (partially of course).

I never watched Angel (can't stand David Boreanaz), but really liked Buffy from season 4 onwards. I'd say story-telling was better on Buffy than on Charmed, but I never warmed to many of the Buffy characters, whereas I really liked Prue, Piper and Cole.
          For me, Buffy went downhill S4 and onward where as Angel started strong and got better. This is despite the fact that I don't particularily care for David Boreanaz either, and was actually happy that he was leaving Buffy and resisted watching Angel initially. Go figure.

Alyssa Milano is one of the things that annoyed me most as the show went on and especially the way her character reacted to the death of her sister... that was not well done, IMO. They also did something very wrong with her hair.
          Trust me, I wasn't looking at her hair

Comment

Maybe my expectations are lower but this season has seemed a lot better. I missed the Lady Godiva epi but Alyssa seems to be wearing more clothing. There's more sisterly interaction. Leo's desperation has been interesting to watch.

Comment

why is leo desperate? (poor leo)
              Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Slainey
                Maybe my expectations are lower but this season has seemed a lot better. I missed the Lady Godiva epi but Alyssa seems to be wearing more clothing. There's more sisterly interaction. Leo's desperation has been interesting to watch.
                Well she wasn't wearing much in the Lady Godiva ep

As for Leo's despiration, I don't see how Barbas could effect an Elder, they are way above him
                Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                  these girls really behave like girly girl, with sexy outfits, and giggling, and silly jokes and so on, then the next minute, they're saving the world again
                  Actually, I think this is what initially turned me off the show; I don't like girly girl characters. I can't relate to them and I *rarely* like them. I think also the whole trying to fight evil in clothes that look like they might fall off if the sisters moved too fast didn't help. Now characters who wear black leather...

Fact is, for me, if there's no male characters in a show I like (none of the males on Charmed ever appealed, even though I love JM on Nip/Tuck), I'm probably not going to watch. I'm totally biased in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenan
                    Well she wasn't wearing much in the Lady Godiva ep

As for Leo's despiration, I don't see how Barbas could effect an Elder, they are way above him
                    Yah whats up with that? The whole 'Barbas' always comming back is also annoying...
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                      Yah whats up with that? The whole 'Barbas' always comming back is also annoying...
                      Agreed- he annoys me- he was good in Sympathy for the demon but at the same time- enough's enough- also I know people were saying they were annoyed about how Cole was killed off- I thnk they could've made it a little bit sadder- but i've just seen Julian in Nip-tuck and he's getting to do a much greater variety- actually reduced me to tears tonight (i know I'm a sissy)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
                        Agreed- he annoys me- he was good in Sympathy for the demon but at the same time- enough's enough- also I know people were saying they were annoyed about how Cole was killed off- I thnk they could've made it a little bit sadder- but i've just seen Julian in Nip-tuck and he's getting to do a much greater variety- actually reduced me to tears tonight (i know I'm a sissy)
                        Yah, at first Cole was ok, being invincible and everything, but wanting to die newho, until being offered to be an avatar and all, he turned, 'un ok' haha, they made his character evil, and i just didn't like that, bouncing from good to evil. An example, would probably be back in Season 5, right after Pheobe turned back to human after being turned into a mermaid, it seemed like he was good now... then bam, hes not nemore in the next few episodes... Oh well, maybe its just me seeing that. Yes, the nip/tuck episode was pretty dramatic, and depressing, especially with JM's character, hiv scare we actually got to see kimber and the woman who told him about having hiv be nice, which was nice.

Comment

Ah, character ranting...

I actually like Paige. She's the youngest sister, and and they made sure her personality was nothing like Prue's. When Paige came into the show, you saw the sister heirarchy shift. Paige was the young hipster, and you saw Phoebe finally grow up. I can't honestly say who I liked better (between Prue and Paige), because they're nothing alike.

I've always supported Leo and Piper's relationship. I'm not a shipper, but it's a little upsetting that they've fallen apart; especially since they can still call Leo up at anytime. I guess Chris is partially to blame. He's been driving Leo away this whole time, and he specifically traveled back in time to the point when Leo was becoming an Elder.

Spoiler:
                          And I was getting sick and tired of Chris' secret not being revealed. From the very beginning, I knew he was one of their kids. Although, honestly, I thought he was Paige's son. He seems very attached to her. But since they revealed he was Piper's second son, we've had to constantly deal with his daddy issues, and his jealousy of Wyatt. Granted, I'd be a tad jealous if every member of my family practically worshipped the "blessed child" who took over the world and became evil; meanwhile, Chris gets left in the dust by his own father. Wyatt could do it all. What's Chris' power, anyway? Prue's?

I have to admit, though; when Cole died, I thought it wasn't a moment too soon. As fun as it was to watch his invincibility fight with Piper in one episode, his character had just been written into a dead end. There was nowhere for him to go, except death.

Ack, and then there's Phoebe. Marry the source of all evil and nearly give birth to the anti-wyatt, and she goes completely insane. There's no happy ending for her. That's it, Phoebe. Game over, Pheeb, game over!
                          It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Originally posted by JQuinn
                            I have to admit, though; when Cole died, I thought it wasn't a moment too soon. As fun as it was to watch his invincibility fight with Piper in one episode, his character had just been written into a dead end. There was nowhere for him to go, except death.
                            Thats one of the rare moments i actually liked in S5, but then changed the channel afterwards unfortunately.

Comment

i must admit i'm one of the people that actually prefers Paige to Prue, (i can't explain it but something about Prue really annoys me, possibly the fact that to me she appeared very controlling).
                              However i also feel that charmed has started going down hill since season five as all the good stories were done before then, and afterwards they have been struggling to come up with anything new and different so they go for anything they can think up rather then just the good ideas (for all we know, the eps from season five onwards could have been the ep rejects from the earlier seasons and they have only just become desperate enough to use them).

i still watch charmed, just because since Buffy and Angel finished, it's the only supernatural drama i've found that has actually survived past the first seaon or two.

But this is all just my opinion.
                              SecretArt
                              My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by SecretArt
                                i must admit i'm one of the people that actually prefers Paige to Prue, (i can't explain it but something about Prue really annoys me, possibly the fact that to me she appeared very controlling).
                                However i also feel that charmed has started going down hill since season five as all the good stories were done before then, and afterwards they have been struggling to come up with anything new and different so they go for anything they can think up rather then just the good ideas (for all we know, the eps from season five onwards could have been the ep rejects from the earlier seasons and they have only just become desperate enough to use them).

i still watch charmed, just because since Buffy and Angel finished, it's the only supernatural drama i've found that has actually survived past the first seaon or two.

But this is all just my opinion.
                                U can turn to cartoons Haha, but that wouldn't work for me, haha...

Comment

Working...
                                X