Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished Star Wars "Kenobi" by John Jackson Miller.

Taking place immediately after the events of "Revenge of the Sith", it's basically a Western with Obi-Wan taking the part of the mysterious stranger who rides into town, the Tatooine moisture farmers being the settlers, and the Sand People the hostile indian tribes.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

i don't know if it's sci-fi but i'm currently reading Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore

Comment

I am rereading 'Catching Fire' book 2 of the Hunger Games trilogy.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Treated myself to a copy of "Raising Steam" by Terry Pratchett.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Finished reading the last "Black Company" omnibus by Glen Cook. Really liked this series, it kept you guessing the whole time

Next up is "Icerigger 2" by Alan Dean Foster.

Comment

Just finished "servant of the empire" for the god knows how many times.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Just started The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin. And a few others.
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Now reading "Space Cadet" by Robert A. Heinlein.

It's the only one of his major works that I was missing from my collection, and this'll be the first time I've read it in nearly twenty years.
                  sigpic

Comment

"The Given Sacrifice" by S.M. Stirling.

Book 10 in the Emberverse series.
                    sigpic

Comment

Dresden Files, Power Read the whole Series in a week... Epic!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMills View Post
                        Dresden Files, Power Read the whole Series in a week... Epic!
                        Blimey! I thought I was fast reader...
                        sigpic

Comment

To pass the time... I am re-reading the 'Starfist' series by David Sherman and Dan Cragg.
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Finished reading "Icerigger 2" by Alan Dean Foster.

Next up is "King of Thorns" by Mark Lawrence.

Comment

Clash of Kings... that title makes sense now, and Divergent.
                              sigpic
                              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

"God Save the Queen" by Kate Locke. Book 1 of the Immortal Empire trilogy.

Vampires, werewolves, goblins etc. in an alternate modern day London with Steampunk bits.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X