Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished reading "Dark Space" by Jasper Scott.

Next up is "The blinding Knife" by Brent Weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
      My copies of The Dresden Files Changes and Ghost Story just arrived. They both look quite a bit bigger than the previous ones
      You'll want to get Cold Days soon after.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I am, as well as reading the latest Honorverse book, an about to start the second book in the Game of Thrones series.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          A couple of quick purchases later, and I'm reading "Grounded". Still waiting for "Sundowner" to arrive.
          "Sundowner" arrived a couple of days ago, and I've just started it.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I've just started Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy. I've heard wonderful things about it and have high hopes, but I'm honestly having a lot of trouble getting into it. For those who've read it, does it just start slowly? Or should I give up now if I'm 50 pages in and bored?
            sigpic
            Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket_Scientist View Post
              I've just started Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy. I've heard wonderful things about it and have high hopes, but I'm honestly having a lot of trouble getting into it. For those who've read it, does it just start slowly? Or should I give up now if I'm 50 pages in and bored?
              I thought that this was a fantastic series, I strongly recommend that you hang in there and keep reading it as it just keeps getting better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                I thought that this was a fantastic series, I strongly recommend that you hang in there and keep reading it as it just keeps getting better and better.
                Thanks for the encouragement. I will press on!
                sigpic
                Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket_Scientist View Post
                  The beginning didn't grab me, either. I gave up on it but will probably try again some day.

Comment

Redshirts

Fun little satiric adventure.

Comment

Out of the Silent Planet by CS Lewis. Slowly but surely making my way through this.
                      Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Finished Ghost Story, now just waiting for Cold Days and Side Jobs to arrive!

Reading Ian Banks Consider Phlebas while i wait.
                        sigpic

Comment

"The Fade" by Chris Wooding.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I love Joe Haldeman's books. I have read two of them (The accidental time machine and Camouflage). I really like the fact, that he is a physicist.
                            My boyfriend has more Haldeman-books. I have to occupy all of them
                            Lost in space ...

Comment

I'm currently reading Against the Tide of Years by S.M. Stirling

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              "The Fade" by Chris Wooding.
                              I read that, not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                                I'm currently reading Against the Tide of Years by S.M. Stirling
                                Big fan of S.M. Stirling. Can't wait for the new Emberverse novel "The Given Sacrifice".

I read that, not bad.
                                The non-linear story structure annoyed me at first, but I'm really enjoying it now. Have you tried his Tales of the Ketty Jay?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X